Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Luck, RGII, Wilson, Kapernick and Newton... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucinsouthFL

Starter

: March 26, 2013, 12:03:55 PM

I know none of these guys are bucs players, but just for the sake of NFL convo....

Who comes back down to earth next season?

Who gets even better?

I really see RGIII not having that great of a season again. Yes he is superhuman and an amazing talent, but after his season ending injury, I can't see an offensive coach putting his body on the line again. He is still quite effective from the pocket, but does not have any weapons that really do anything besides go deep.

Wilson I see as an MVP candidate. Not just because of the guy's skill set, but because of the talent around him. It's really insane. He already has a great defense, great home field advantage, a great running game, good outside receivers in Tate and Rice....and how Harvin is thrown into the equation. I don't think I have ever seen a great playoff team get so much better in one off-season before. Baring injury, Wilson is going to light it up.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 26, 2013, 12:07:09 PM

Luck will only get better. He is the next elite QB.

The other guys will come back to earth now that's there's tape on them. Except for Newton, who did last year. He'll improve some this season.

I could be wrong on Wilson, I just don't see an elite arm with him. Seems like he's more intangibles than elite talent.

PewterBlitz

Starter

#2 : March 26, 2013, 12:11:26 PM

RG3 will fall back to earth.

Reminds me of Reggie Bush, lots of hype at first, nothing special later.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 26, 2013, 12:15:54 PM

Luck will get better. Improve the OL and get Fleener along with another solid WR more involved. I think Kap, and Wilson will not be as good. RGIII won't have as many splash plays, especially coming off the knee surgery. Cam was already brought back down last year.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 26, 2013, 12:16:25 PM

RG3, who knows with the knee.

Luck could explode into a top 5 QB

Newton is stuck on a bad team

Kaepernick is a broken leg waiting to happen like Vick was.

I'll guess Wilson will come back down to reality.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#5 : March 26, 2013, 12:29:31 PM

Newton is not on the same level as the rest of those guys. He's got the physical skills, but he lacks the mental toughness

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 26, 2013, 12:45:30 PM

Newton is not on the same level as the rest of those guys. He's got the physical skills, but he lacks the mental toughness

Yup, a big whiner.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 26, 2013, 01:09:43 PM

That isn't true. Yes Carolina have losing records but they manage to stay competitive in their games. They just lack talent.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#8 : March 26, 2013, 01:14:40 PM

I think Luck, Wilson, and Kapernick will continue to do well this season. RG3III now knows he can't scamble every other play downfield. I think he'll be fine if Alfred Morris continues to be an effective runner. As for Newton, one would think why Carolina hasn't been agressive getting more talent on offense. As a result, I still see Newton being competitive in games losing by small numbers as in the past.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 26, 2013, 01:15:16 PM

Luck will only get better. He is the next elite QB.

Luck will continue to progress.

Newton was brought back down to earth this year in the beginning and then did well. I expect RGIII to drop off because he offense is new and people will have tape on him, but he like Newton will do fine towards the end of the year.

The other guys will continue to be what they are. To some extent none of them will crash and burn. People think the athletic QB is the thing of the future, it's not. You still have to be able to read a defense and make an accurate throw on time. All of these guys can do that, they can however run when the play breaks down. That last part is the new part. Vick is still no better than he was because he could never consistently stand in the pocket and throw darts. He always had happy feet and left the pocket for no reason.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 26, 2013, 01:27:29 PM

I'm rooting for Cam and RGIII as athletes. They are fun players to watch, but I don't think either can be elite guys. Wilson, Luck and Kap all have elite potential.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 26, 2013, 01:56:28 PM

I think that Kaepernick isn't a very polished passer as yet. He makes the occasional great throw, but he still has a long way to go in terms of reading defenses. If you shut down the run game, then he's not going to beat you with his arm. The 49ers are a great team overall though so he will win a lot of games, but he's not going to be lighting the league on fire.

I don't think that Russell Wilson will throw for as many TDs as he did last year, but he will still be a good QB.

I think that all of the QBs listed will have some success, either in terms of winning or in terms of stats.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 26, 2013, 03:22:30 PM

Kapernick will be the NFL MVP and the 49ers will win the Super Bowl.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 26, 2013, 03:54:05 PM

Newton is basically stuck on a team that can't improve because of cap problems and are forced to draft extremely well now.
I'm not sold on RG3 lasting very long in this league and its a shame.
Luck will be an elite Qb and is only going to get better.
Kapernick has the benefit of great coaching and OL. He could go far in this league
Wilson has a good Wr now, so we will see how far his game comes.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 26, 2013, 04:17:03 PM

Cam Newton will be a little better than he was last year, but the Panthers will still struggle.

RG3 will be about the same as last year, will have moments where he looks brilliant, then he will get drilled and will miss a few games.

I don't think Luck will improve as much as what everyone thinks he will. Losing Arians could hurt a little.

Wilson had a lot of lucky breaks in 2012...not saying that to take away anything he accomplished...dude played great at times...but I think that he as a passer will have a more difficult year. That said, they have enough talent around him that the impact of a slight step back on his part will not be felt by the team and they still will be a top contender in the NFC.

I actually think that Kaepernick will see the biggest growth. Give him the ball as the starter in camp and another year to develop under Harbaugh...and look out. He threw an absolutely excellent intermediate ball that year. Sky is the limit for him.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Luck, RGII, Wilson, Kapernick and Newton... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools