Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS POTENTIAL FREE AGENT TARGET LIST SHRINKING; WHO IS LEFT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: March 26, 2013, 02:46:56 PM

Free agency is entering Week 3 and the Buccaneers have done little at this point, disappointing some fans and surprising many around the league. Below is a list of positions that the Buccaneers may be looking to address along with three players at each position still available in free agency.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8811

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 26, 2013, 02:51:19 PM

Is DeAnglo Hall still available? Hes not a horrid option at this point IMO. 29 years old, still has a few years left in him.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 26, 2013, 02:59:45 PM

Is DeAnglo Hall still available? Hes not a horrid option at this point IMO. 29 years old, still has a few years left in him.

Yes he is a horrible option. Hence why he still doesn't have a job.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#3 : March 26, 2013, 03:05:25 PM

Grimes still doesn't have a job is he horrible? Why the hate for Hall besides the fact that he has a loud mouth.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#4 : March 26, 2013, 03:29:08 PM

Grimes still doesn't have a job is he horrible? Why the hate for Hall besides the fact that he has a loud mouth.
well he's also not very good. That is probably some of the reason for "hate"

traew01

Pro Bowler

#5 : March 26, 2013, 03:40:24 PM

If Hall and Grimes are not very good....what does that make Danny Gorrer and Leonard Johnson?

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#6 : March 26, 2013, 03:43:34 PM

If Hall and Grimes are not very good....what does that make Danny Gorrer and Leonard Johnson?

Brilliant!
I, for the life of me, cannot understand those that point out how terrible these free agents are but fail to mention that we remain with Gorer and Johnson

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 26, 2013, 03:53:58 PM

Trainable?  Healthy? Not a head case?

You asked...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 26, 2013, 04:02:49 PM

Brilliant!
I, for the life of me, cannot understand those that point out how terrible these free agents are but fail to mention that we remain with Gorer and Johnson

Agreed. Hall would instantly be the best CB on the roster....can't believe some would dispute that.

As far as the article goes....I think it's become very obvious that the Bucs will probably just roll with what we got into the draft and fill the roster with drafted and undrafted rookies.
: March 26, 2013, 04:04:34 PM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 26, 2013, 04:06:20 PM

Barber would be nickel but would probably start at #2CB to keep the streak going if he returns. If/when they land Revis, The bucs have almost an entirely retooled secondary with Goldson, Barron, Barber, and Revis. That leaves them with only one starting spot to fill. that could be the draft, it could be vet FA, it could be Wright or Johnson(I personally hope not).

Guys forget Grimes is 30 and also had a knee injury this past year. Him still being on the market after all of these other CBs who Grimes is allegedly better than tells you something about why he hasn't been locked by anyone let alone the Bucs. Aso used to be good but is a huge question mark after his time with the Eagles. Hall is also 30 with a declining skill set. He does have some left in the tank, but you would have to imagine he doesn't fit what Schiano looks for in his players with his over the top attitude.

The only way this blows up is if they don't land Revis. Its fairly reasonable for anyone to think the Bucs can land someone to compete for the # 2 spot between now, the draft, and roster cuts. Without Revis though, it will be much more difficult to find a #2 and a #1 CB.

Another factor could be that they don't want a bunch of guys at CB pushing 30+ years old. It would make the window for the secondary much smaller than the rest of the team. Maybe they want youth and and only a few vets to build for the future.

Finally, not one single team in the NFL is going to address every single hole on their roster. Every team, every years has a few holes that never get addressed. This isn't madden, its the real world.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 26, 2013, 04:08:42 PM

Grimes injury was an Achilles - right?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 26, 2013, 04:12:53 PM

Freeney, Winfield and Sed Ellis please.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 26, 2013, 04:18:14 PM

Grimes injury was an Achilles - right?

yeah, I think I put knee. my bad

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 26, 2013, 04:26:51 PM

CB - Grimes, Nnamdi, Hall, Jenkins, Porter
DE - Freeney, Abraham
DT - Branch, Sedrick Ellis
RB - Bradshaw, Felix Jones

I'm expecting for atleast one of those CBs to be a Buc this year. The Revis standoff shouldn't effect us signing one of these guys.
: March 26, 2013, 04:30:49 PM XFactor

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 26, 2013, 04:33:34 PM

Larry Grant or Victor Butler

Marcus Trufant and/or Rashean Mathis

Alan Branch

Ahmad Bradshaw and/or Jackie Battle

Dwight Freeney

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS POTENTIAL FREE AGENT TARGET LIST SHRINKING; WHO IS LEFT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools