Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS POTENTIAL FREE AGENT TARGET LIST SHRINKING; WHO IS LEFT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

spartan

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 26, 2013, 04:33:47 PM

Somehow we succeeded in using FA to make a terrible defense even worse. How do you do that?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 26, 2013, 04:39:44 PM

The only way this blows up is if they don't land Revis.

Do you think the Jets don't know this?  What team has more riding?  The new guy who just got hired OR Dom who hasn't made the playoffs at all in FOUR FREAKING YEARS???

The longer this goes the more leverage the Jets have over us. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 26, 2013, 04:49:50 PM

Do you think the Jets don't know this?  What team has more riding?  The new guy who just got hired OR Dom who hasn't made the playoffs at all in FOUR FREAKING YEARS???

Yep. This is why I said from the get go that it needed to happen before FA started or not at all. If it ends up happening now we will end up paying way too much.

Draft Aaron Donald

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 26, 2013, 08:06:09 PM

Yep. This is why I said from the get go that it needed to happen before FA started or not at all. If it ends up happening now we will end up paying way too much.

or maybe, they already have a deal in place? Idzik worked for the Bucs for several years and has a good relationship with MD and the Glazers.

its complete speculation by everyone to think a deal is or isn't done. The Jets have a lot more to lose if the deal is announced now. If they have eyes on a certain player and the ammo to move up, teams are going to be trying to jump ahead of them the whole way. See, anyone can come up with hypothetical BS based on nothing more than a couple of unconnected facts.

I guess its easier to whine and cry the whole way instead of just letting it play out though.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

bucs63

Starter
#19 : March 26, 2013, 08:21:29 PM

or maybe, they already have a deal in place? Idzik worked for the Bucs for several years and has a good relationship with MD and the Glazers.

its complete speculation by everyone to think a deal is or isn't done. The Jets have a lot more to lose if the deal is announced now. If they have eyes on a certain player and the ammo to move up, teams are going to be trying to jump ahead of them the whole way. See, anyone can come up with hypothetical BS based on nothing more than a couple of unconnected facts.

I guess its easier to whine and cry the whole way instead of just letting it play out though.

Actually you're close on the terms of the deal. Idzik wouldn't budge from a #1 this year so they've agreed to let the Bucs trade it back to the lower half of the round and that won't likely happen until #13 is on the clock. That way the Bucs recover an additional pick which will be used in the trade.  ;)

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 26, 2013, 08:38:04 PM

Actually you're close on the terms of the deal. Idzik wouldn't budge from a #1 this year so they've agreed to let the Bucs trade it back to the lower half of the round and that won't likely happen until #13 is on the clock. That way the Bucs recover an additional pick which will be used in the trade.  ;)

A theory I hadnt considered at all. Thanks.. I will say though that while listening to Sirius today Gil Brandt had been talking about that he seems to feel not a ton of difference between 10 and 50 (paraphrasing) and I think it was Kirwan who felt that there would not be much incentive for teams to move up this year.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 26, 2013, 08:55:55 PM

that's speculation as well. "experts" have reported this, but there has been no confirmation of these reports.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 26, 2013, 09:13:33 PM

Somehow we succeeded in using FA to make a terrible defense even worse. How do you do that?
   LOL; and I thought Goldson was a GREAT player myself... silly me...

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 26, 2013, 09:22:00 PM

LOL; and I thought Goldson was a GREAT player myself... silly me...

But Biggers is gone :(

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 26, 2013, 09:25:39 PM

When does FA end?

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 26, 2013, 09:39:54 PM

When does FA end?

Feb 2014?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 26, 2013, 09:40:58 PM

Trade deadline...   maybe I'm getting it confused...   October?

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 26, 2013, 09:45:55 PM

No one got the memo that Grimes isn't  Buccaneer Man material.

Psych

Starter

#28 : March 26, 2013, 10:12:13 PM

I say we give up on Revis and sign Antoine Winfield and Sheldon Brown. Are they great, long term options? No. But they both fit our scheme perfectly and still have some left in the tank.

We don't need a shutdown corner. We just need upgrades that can play, while we develop our young corners. They will also save us a **CENSORED** ton a money.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 26, 2013, 10:30:24 PM

I say we give up on Revis and sign Antoine Winfield and Sheldon Brown. Are they great, long term options? No. But they both fit our scheme perfectly and still have some left in the tank.

We don't need a shutdown corner. We just need upgrades that can play, while we develop our young corners. They will also save us a **CENSORED** ton a money.

Makes sense so Dominik won't get it. Sad thing is if the Bucs had signed a couple of low levels CB like Greg Toler and Derek Cox they wouldn't have lost the leverage in the Revis trade talks. The Jets now feel that they have the Bucs over a barrel and are trying to leverage that for more picks.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS POTENTIAL FREE AGENT TARGET LIST SHRINKING; WHO IS LEFT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools