Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Austin or Eifert? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 26, 2013, 08:14:38 PM

This offense? Clark and Stocker are only open when the defenders make a mistake. They were terrible.  Eifert would improve and change the offense.

Clark got limited snaps and teams knew he was in as a receiving option. Stocker was a blocker 80%+ of the snaps he was in the game.

Martellus Bennett didn't put up big numbers in the Giants offense either and everyone seems to think hes a very good, complete TE. Watch the games from last year. TE wasn't utilized much in the passing game except in obvious passing situations.Unless they draft Eifert with the intention of adjusting the scheme, he wouldn't do much good.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 26, 2013, 08:15:22 PM

This offense? Clark and Stocker are only open when the defenders make a mistake. They were terrible.  Eifert would improve and change the offense.
I think we can upgrade our TEs as well, but if Austin is on the field and defenders make a mistake, Austin is gone.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 26, 2013, 08:19:08 PM

Clark got limited snaps and teams knew he was in as a receiving option. Stocker was a blocker 80%+ of the snaps he was in the game.

Martellus Bennett didn't put up big numbers in the Giants offense either and everyone seems to think hes a very good, complete TE. Watch the games from last year. TE wasn't utilized much in the passing game except in obvious passing situations.Unless they draft Eifert with the intention of adjusting the scheme, he wouldn't do much good.

Truth.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 26, 2013, 08:21:52 PM

But Eifert is a vertical threat with height...

It does fit with our down field passing attack - no?

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 26, 2013, 08:24:06 PM

...we do have 2 of those guys already....wouldn't it make more sense to add a straight up burner to the group to add some versatility?

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 26, 2013, 08:24:20 PM

like its been said. hes only has value if they are going to adjust the scheme to utilize him. Otherwise he doesn't hold as much value and no one should be spending the13th pick on a guy who isn't going to be utilized to his fullest.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 26, 2013, 08:26:49 PM

Maybe the scheme is already adjusted because we haven't had that kind of talent at TE or Slot WR before...

Sayin'

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#37 : March 26, 2013, 08:40:14 PM

Let the pick expire and don't take either.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 26, 2013, 08:43:46 PM

Thanks for playing AB

Jr.3

Second String

#39 : March 26, 2013, 08:48:31 PM

Eifert make me thank of Gronk and Austin makes me think of Galloway mixed with Harvin. I would not complain with either one of them. Eifert does make some pretty nice circus and jump ball catches but Austin is just Electric. So I choose Austin.

Jr.3

Second String

#40 : March 26, 2013, 08:49:21 PM

Sorry really didn't proof read that to well.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#41 : March 26, 2013, 08:51:03 PM

Austin is a better fit for the offense

Sullivan has already stated this offense is different from the giants so stop saying a slot receiver is more important, if that was the case why did we sign Dallas Clark instead of a real slot receiver last year?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 26, 2013, 08:52:43 PM

Maybe the scheme is already adjusted because we haven't had that kind of talent at TE or Slot WR before...

Sayin'

history of the offenses hes worked in/called shows us otherwise. until they show they are going to adjust it, or if the adjust when they draft him that's a different line of questioning all together.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 26, 2013, 09:13:39 PM

Let the pick expire and don't take either.

LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 26, 2013, 09:16:24 PM

Da"Rick Rogers i think he will be the steal at wideout in this draft.

Da'Rick ....possibly the most ghetto name of all time , lol.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Austin or Eifert? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools