Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Austin or Eifert? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#75 : March 27, 2013, 01:04:40 PM

I asked the question because these two players are my favorite OFFENSIVE players in the draft - hands down.  I am also on the fence (as I see some are too...) about these 2 guys.

Both are expected to be elite talents and could quite possibly be the Best Player Available at 13.   No one knows yet.

It definitely appears that Schiano/Dominik are targeting elite talent at 13...   Who says that they prefer Rhodes/Trufant/Williams/Ansah/Jones? 

Understand that no one is magically and immediately an elite talent...   but...  ;)

Supposedly, after one season, we have an elite OL coach, allegedly.  Why not, if available take one of the 3 OT?

You must be accountable for your actions!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#76 : March 27, 2013, 01:11:52 PM

I see your point for sure.... but those three guys (except maaaaaaybe Johnson) are toast in the top 10.

All three are universally rated top ten players overall and KC, Philly, Arizona, San Diego and Miami all need LOT's.

I also wouldn't be surprised if New Orleans or Chicago try and get in front of SD if one of them is still there...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#77 : March 27, 2013, 01:14:12 PM

....but for there to be no defensive options, there would have to be at least one OT left for us to take.

We have no starting RT and the chances of finding a starting OT later in the draft is slim. There will be other slot receivers and tight ends though. I'd take the OT.

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#78 : March 27, 2013, 01:21:57 PM

It's not a necessity to replace Dotson just yet. He was above average in his first year with significant starting action. He may not be the long term answer...but we certainly don't have a hole at RT.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#79 : March 27, 2013, 02:03:05 PM

It's not a necessity to replace Dotson just yet. He was above average in his first year with significant starting action. He may not be the long term answer...but we certainly don't have a hole at RT.

I disagree.

Draft Aaron Donald

Buck N Up

Starter

#80 : March 27, 2013, 02:11:52 PM

Austin...electric, game changer, versatile, explosive, impactful, oh and he returns punts and kickoffs.

+1,000,000,000,000. my thoughts exactly.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#81 : March 27, 2013, 02:27:29 PM

I'm just curious why he went with the Graham analogy when 5'9" Doug Martin's 49 receptions last year would have clearly made more sense for his argument.....

Does it ever bug you when Martin rolls out into the flats wide open but Freeman never looks his way? I mean he's the biggest offensive weapon on the team and just one pass to him in open space can turn into something huge but its like he doesnt think about it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#82 : March 27, 2013, 02:40:43 PM

Yeah...it does. I mean I'm all for the big throw down field passing game, and the last thing I want is to go back to a dink and dunk offense.....but Martin was open in the flat A LOT last year. When you have a guy like Martin, I think you have to be more willing to give him those touches. Especially when the offense is struggling to pick up a 1st down and keep a drive going, as it did so often last year. It's an easy completion that Martin will usually turn into a 1st down. Gotta take advantage.

Draft Aaron Donald

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#83 : March 27, 2013, 02:45:07 PM

Neither. Stockpile defense IMO.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#84 : March 27, 2013, 03:19:02 PM

I'm just curious why he went with the Graham analogy when 5'9" Doug Martin's 49 receptions last year would have clearly made more sense for his argument.....

Does it ever bug you when Martin rolls out into the flats wide open but Freeman never looks his way? I mean he's the biggest offensive weapon on the team and just one pass to him in open space can turn into something huge but its like he doesnt think about it.

Martin had a lot of drops early in the season and it appeared Free didn't have confidence in him

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#85 : March 27, 2013, 03:25:04 PM

Hmmm...I remember maybe 5 drops all year.

Draft Aaron Donald

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#86 : March 27, 2013, 03:26:21 PM

By 10/31Martin led the league in drops with 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#87 : March 27, 2013, 03:35:24 PM

Yeah...I just don't remember that. Not saying you are wrong. I just don't remember that.

Even if that is the case, it shouldn't matter. He had so many explosive big time plays, when he is wide open in the flat on 3rd down...you gotta give him the ball.

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#88 : March 27, 2013, 03:41:23 PM

I disagree.

Fair enough.

...so in your opinion, where does the hole of RT rank among the needs/holes at CB(s), DE, DT? ( You could also add in a few of the lesser perceived holes at WR, TE, OLB #2 QB..)

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#89 : March 27, 2013, 04:09:43 PM

lol - you just can't get some people to follow directions.

At least we're talking football.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Austin or Eifert? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools