Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Austin or Eifert? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#90 : March 27, 2013, 04:15:30 PM

If you guys are worried about the QB not being able to ht an explosive and dynamic receiver be use he is too short, then you need to pile onboard the Sign Ryan Mallett bandwagon. Because what the hell good is a QB who can't <gasp> throw a football to his intended target.

Seriously. Think about it. Austin is clearly the most explosive player on the board. And the Bucs lack team speed and that electricity.

We lack a lot, but Austin is a better receiver prospect than Rhodes/Banks/TrufAnt are as corners.

And TrufAnt and Banks can be had in round 2, IMO.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#91 : March 27, 2013, 06:57:25 PM

It's not a necessity to replace Dotson just yet. He was above average in his first year with significant starting action. He may not be the long term answer...but we certainly don't have a hole at RT.

I disagree.

Fair enough.

...so in your opinion, where does the hole of RT rank among the needs/holes at CB(s), DE, DT? ( You could also add in a few of the lesser perceived holes at WR, TE, OLB #2 QB..)

We have no starting caliber CBs, NTs, or RTs....so that would be my most important objective this off season. I don't like the depth at WR, DE, LB, and you could argue we don't have a startring caliber TE either...but CBx2, NT, and RT are my top priorities.

Draft Aaron Donald

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#92 : March 27, 2013, 07:30:37 PM

With Austin we basically would re-create the Giants 2011 offense with V-Jax (Nicks), Mike Williams (Manningham), Tavon (Cruz) and Stocker (Ballard/Boss). Think that just might be Sullivan and Schiano's plan....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#93 : March 27, 2013, 07:41:46 PM

If you guys are worried about the QB not being able to ht an explosive and dynamic receiver be use he is too short, then you need to pile onboard the Sign Ryan Mallett bandwagon. Because what the hell good is a QB who can't <gasp> throw a football to his intended target.

Seriously. Think about it. Austin is clearly the most explosive player on the board. And the Bucs lack team speed and that electricity.

We lack a lot, but Austin is a better receiver prospect than Rhodes/Banks/TrufAnt are as corners.

Down for a friendly wager that Trufant ends up being a top 25 pick?

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#94 : March 27, 2013, 07:49:30 PM

Down for a friendly wager that Trufant ends up being a top 25 pick?

I'd like a piece of that action as well. No way he lasts to round 2.

-------------------------------------------------------

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#95 : March 27, 2013, 08:05:47 PM

I'm not gonna bet $$$ but you can come back and laugh at me if I am wrong. Trufant is a 2nd round pick.

Draft Aaron Donald

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#96 : March 27, 2013, 08:06:52 PM

I'm not gonna bet $$$ but you can come back and laugh at me if I am wrong. Trufant is a 2nd round pick.
How many CB's are getting drafted ahead of him?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#97 : March 27, 2013, 08:10:11 PM

I don't know. Ask this guy.

Draft Aaron Donald

Hate

Hall of Famer
#98 : March 27, 2013, 08:22:52 PM

How many CB's are getting drafted ahead of him?

2 tops?

-------------------------------------------------------

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#99 : March 27, 2013, 08:30:23 PM

2 tops?

.....I think that kind of talk belongs in the "gay NFL player" thread....

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#100 : March 27, 2013, 08:35:02 PM

Trufant will go in the 1st round.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#101 : March 27, 2013, 08:39:20 PM

I think Milliner and Rhodes are top 20 picks, but after that there is a group of about 8 to 12 guys with very little separation. So I don't think anyone will be rushing to draft a CB in the latter part of the first round. There will be better value picks available. So I would guess just Milliner and Rhodes in the first. Maybe possibly a 3rd guy will go late in the 1st.

On day two I expect a run on CBs to start early and Trufant, Banks, Ryan, Taylor, Hayden, McFadden, Alford, Poyer, Amerson, Bleh-Wilson, Mathieu, and Slay will all be drafted.

So just two guys in the 1st, and then twelve in the 2nd/3rd combined.

Just my guess.
: March 27, 2013, 08:40:59 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#102 : March 27, 2013, 08:39:37 PM

This. If I'm faced with choosing between those CBs and the DT Richardson, I'm taking Austin every day. Only o-linemen worthy of the pick at 13 are Joekel and Fisher, and neither of them are getting out of the top 10, maybe not even the top 5.
If we get a choice between Austin or Star, I wouldn't be opposed to either, but do we really want another injury scare guy?

Austin all day. It makes too much sense.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#103 : March 27, 2013, 08:41:01 PM

Woo hoo 103!   

Pales in comparison...  lol

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#104 : March 27, 2013, 08:41:10 PM

Also for you guys saying we shouldn't draft Austin because of "Freeman's inability to get him the ball", why does that matter. You're hoping Free is gone next year anyway, why do we have to pass on an elite offensive player if we might be "getting a better QB" next year?

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Austin or Eifert? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools