Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else with a gut feeling the pick is going to be Tyler Eifert... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucinsouthFL

Starter

: March 27, 2013, 01:07:30 AM

Big. Strong. Tough. Leader. Productive. Well-Behaved. Comes from the most historic program in college football. The guy just seems like a total Schiano guy. I would feel "meh" about the pick...but I just have a feeling he is going to be the guy at 13

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#1 : March 27, 2013, 01:12:15 AM

I wouldn't be shocked.  Disappointed, but not shocked.  Dom knows his job hinges on Freeman's play this season, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him pick another weapon, and then focus on defense in round 2 where there will still be plenty of CB's left.  Like you said, kind of a "meh" pick.  I'd rather get an impact player like Jones in the first, then look for a TE in the 2-3rd rounds.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#2 : March 27, 2013, 01:17:07 AM

haha I am completely on board with the Jones pick. Bring in a playmaker on D

BayAreaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 27, 2013, 01:20:53 AM

Makes sense, Our offense will have to score a lot to keep up with how many points our defense is going to allow.......

#Mikey2Quarters

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 27, 2013, 01:28:20 AM

Hes got special traits. If the thinking in the body is to set Free up for success, nothing does that more than a Graham clone as a safety blanket. Id be ok with it because the offense would be insane.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 27, 2013, 02:27:37 AM

All of this being about getting freeman another weapon so MD can keep his job is nonsense. This team wouldve been in the playoffs last year if the d couldve held up in 2-3 games. Bucs and freeman make the playoffs and its a non issue. Freeman can have all the weapons they can find and he can be 10x more consistent and it still doesnt get the team to the playoffs when you have a d so bad its almost setting nfl records for how terrible they were.

I dont think Eifert is the pick at all. Wouldnt be happy or sad with the pick until I see how hes used and what he brings to the nfl. That said, I think they will value several other players that will be available equally or more at more pressing positions of need.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 27, 2013, 02:41:55 AM

Hes got special traits. If the thinking in the body is to set Free up for success, nothing does that more than a Graham clone as a safety blanket. Id be ok with it because the offense would be insane.
I haven't followed the college players much recently, but is it my imagination or has Eifert has become synonymous with Graham? Do a lot of mocks have Eifert going as high as #13?

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 27, 2013, 03:15:42 AM

Eifert is actually one of my favorite players and I was hoping that we'd be able to trade back up into the late 1st round and grab him but his stock is rising too high now. We could trade down a bit and get him with our 1st round pick. With all that said...we still have major holes at CB, DE, and DT (with the loss of Miller) to even think about going TE in round one. Now we could still land someone like Grimes and Freeney maybe...but unless we do that...I just don't see us going TE with our first pick. If we do...I won't be upset because I really like Eifert and think he'd help Josh a lot...but this team is going nowhere unless we can improve our coverage and pass rush. We can live with the TEs we have.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 27, 2013, 06:34:13 AM

Seems like a retarded move they would make. They did draft a safety in round one last season (which happens to be the highest any safety has ever been picked if I remember right).

They bring in a TE in round one and I'll know they're on some crack.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Buc45

Starter
#9 : March 27, 2013, 07:28:53 AM

Would you have drafted Lynch that high if knew how good he would be?  Would you have drafted Ed Reed high?   Wasn't Berry drafted pretty high?  This criticism for drafting a safety last year is just stupid... Anyway, no I don't think that they will take Eifert...not at all.  If they went offense, I would much prefer Austin...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 27, 2013, 07:44:26 AM

I haven't followed the college players much recently, but is it my imagination or has Eifert has become synonymous with Graham? Do a lot of mocks have Eifert going as high as #13?

Nope...and that's the funny part. People talk about not wanting to reach for a CB, but from the average of everything that I have seen in a lot of mocks, they have Eifert going in the mid-late 20's. Also, on grading sites, he in the same area...mid-late 20's....which happens to be the same area of Rhodes and Trufant.

I have heard Mayock speculate that he could go anywhere from #13-late 20's...not sure if that is just based of speculation, or a good amount of intel from various teams. I would be rather surprised if we reached(because that's what it would be) for Eifert....but then a gain, we reached big time for a Safety in the top 10 last year, so I probably should be prepared for anything.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 27, 2013, 07:58:09 AM

Seems like a retarded move they would make. They did draft a safety in round one last season (which happens to be the highest any safety has ever been picked if I remember right).

They bring in a TE in round one and I'll know they're on some crack.

Berry was drafted at #5

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 27, 2013, 08:03:14 AM

Another option I wouldn't mind. A lot of ways to go, but my selection has to be Tavon.

Now before we get into the "Freeman needs a big target to throw at, someone he can lob a jump ball at, in order to be effective" nonsense, bear in mind I fully understand Freeman's lack of ability. A QB who has accuracy issues, compounded by read/react issues, is not a QB that you build a future around. And now we need to draft another big target because the quick, explosive guys are too hard for Free to hit. Yeah...that's great. We will keep building around a QB like that.

Ugh.

If we are forced into drafting certain types, as a result of severe limitations of our QB1, then it is time to replace him. 

That said, I wouldn't mind the pick, but would prefer Austin first and foremost. Our next QB, in the great possibility that Freeman sucks again and is released/benched, actually might be able to throw a pass. What a concept!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 27, 2013, 08:03:33 AM

I don't think Eifert is the sort of special level TE you see go in the upper half of R1. Heck, people aren't even sure he's the best TE in this draft right now and that says something as well.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 27, 2013, 08:46:34 AM

I don't think Eifert is the sort of special level TE you see go in the upper half of R1. Heck, people aren't even sure he's the best TE in this draft right now and that says something as well.

Agreed.  He may be there in the second round.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else with a gut feeling the pick is going to be Tyler Eifert... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools