Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So Who's Your First Round Pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
: March 27, 2013, 10:57:26 PM

I'm on my own it seems like on the 2 guys I like. Mingo and Margus Hunt. Both are freaks and I can work with that. Marvin Austin would be cool I guess too, although I see more value in D-Line.

If you are GM who do you take? and don't tell me Ansah or Lane Johnson because they ain't going to be there (Lane could somehow, but doubtful, and I'd pass anyway probably)

Bucsfan0124

Rookie

#1 : March 27, 2013, 11:10:34 PM

Star.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#2 : March 27, 2013, 11:11:56 PM

Jarvis Jones. High motor guy who makes impact plays. Helps out our pass rush and great in coverage. Yes he fits better in a 3-4, but I am sick of seeing us blitz Black and Foster with no results. I don't expect Foster to get sacks from a MLB position, but I think it would be nice to have Jones on David on the outside making impact plays. I just don't see the value in drafting Rhodes at 13. If we trade down by all means, but not at 13

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 27, 2013, 11:17:42 PM

TAVON AUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 27, 2013, 11:20:06 PM

I will stand pat with my Mock. Jarvis Jones.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 27, 2013, 11:20:07 PM

Star.

My brain.

TAVON AUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!

My heart.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#6 : March 27, 2013, 11:23:20 PM

A DT:  Star, Floyd, Richardson, Sly Williams

Lande (NFP) has Sly Williams ranked ahead of Floyd and Richardson. A middle 1st rounder.

Here is his scouting report:  STRENGTHS - Williams is an innately explosive athlete that also displays impressive agility for a man his size when playing with proper knee bend and leverage. When he comes off the snap low he display very good strength at the POA and the heavy hands needed to take on and shed multiple blockers. He demonstrates outstanding instincts off the snap and excellent read and react skills, allowing him to use his non-stop hustle to make plays he otherwise wouldn't be able to get to.

WEAKNESSES - Too often Williams comes off the snap high and doesn't play with proper knee bend and base. This allows blockers to get into his framework and control him at the POA, as well as prevents him from breaking down in space to consistently finish tackles. He goes to his swim move too often on the pass rush, leading to him being washed out too easily by aggressive blockers.

SUMMARY - For all the (justified) hype Sharrif Floyd and Sheldon Richardson have received, Sylvester Williams is every bit the same level of prospect at DT. He possesses an outstanding first step and excellent instincts, which allow him to constantly penetrate gaps and threaten the backfield. When playing with proper base and leverage he demonstrates excellent strength at the POA, and uses his hands aggressively to shed blocks. When rushing the passer he flashes a variety of moves utilizes his natural quickness and power, but he tends to rely too much on his first step quickness and arm-over move. Once he learns to lower his pad level off the ball utilize his full skill set, he will become a highly productive player in almost any defensive scheme. Williams is clearly worth a first round selection, and should be able to make an immediate impact in the NFL with his burst off the ball.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 27, 2013, 11:27:26 PM

Jarvis Jones. High motor guy who makes impact plays. Helps out our pass rush and great in coverage. Yes he fits better in a 3-4, but I am sick of seeing us blitz Black and Foster with no results. I don't expect Foster to get sacks from a MLB position, but I think it would be nice to have Jones on David on the outside making impact plays. I just don't see the value in drafting Rhodes at 13. If we trade down by all means, but not at 13
foster did pretty good when he was ask to blitz.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 27, 2013, 11:33:03 PM

A DT:  Star, Floyd, Richardson, Sly Williams

Lande (NFP) has Sly Williams ranked ahead of Floyd and Richardson. A middle 1st rounder.

Here is his scouting report:  STRENGTHS - Williams is an innately explosive athlete that also displays impressive agility for a man his size when playing with proper knee bend and leverage. When he comes off the snap low he display very good strength at the POA and the heavy hands needed to take on and shed multiple blockers. He demonstrates outstanding instincts off the snap and excellent read and react skills, allowing him to use his non-stop hustle to make plays he otherwise wouldn't be able to get to.

WEAKNESSES - Too often Williams comes off the snap high and doesn't play with proper knee bend and base. This allows blockers to get into his framework and control him at the POA, as well as prevents him from breaking down in space to consistently finish tackles. He goes to his swim move too often on the pass rush, leading to him being washed out too easily by aggressive blockers.

SUMMARY - For all the (justified) hype Sharrif Floyd and Sheldon Richardson have received, Sylvester Williams is every bit the same level of prospect at DT. He possesses an outstanding first step and excellent instincts, which allow him to constantly penetrate gaps and threaten the backfield. When playing with proper base and leverage he demonstrates excellent strength at the POA, and uses his hands aggressively to shed blocks. When rushing the passer he flashes a variety of moves utilizes his natural quickness and power, but he tends to rely too much on his first step quickness and arm-over move. Once he learns to lower his pad level off the ball utilize his full skill set, he will become a highly productive player in almost any defensive scheme. Williams is clearly worth a first round selection, and should be able to make an immediate impact in the NFL with his burst off the ball.
   IB, I like your thinkin'! Add an athletic DT to the mix of Bowers, McCoy, and Clayborn, and we'll be seeing some opposing QBs running for cover on a regular basis...

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 27, 2013, 11:33:11 PM

Star or Austin.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 27, 2013, 11:43:03 PM

I think this pre-draft process has Jarvis Jones as a late 1st at best. Bad health and bad measurables scare teams.

Buck N Up

Starter

#11 : March 27, 2013, 11:43:42 PM

Offense: Tavon Austin
Defense: Star, Jones or Rhodes

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 27, 2013, 11:47:01 PM

I don't see Star as a good fit. The guy has a ton of potential, but McCoy is better and has more. We saw the problems with spending a 1st round pick on a NT when we drafted Booger.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#13 : March 28, 2013, 12:06:42 AM

Not Dead Yet:  It seems like DT is the deepest position in the draft in terms of really effective players.

Miller was very good against the run, but didn't add much to the pass rush. And in spite of his good play against the run, the Bucs made little or no attempt to sign him.  This could mean that the Bucs not only want a DT who is good against the run, but he must also be effective as a pass rusher.

So far there is no one to take Miller's place, so it is rather easy to conclude that Dom and Schiano saw the depth at DT and decided that they were sure to get one of these DT's.  Paired with McCoy, any of these 4 would give the Bucs great pressure up the middle, and keep the opposition's OL off our linebackers. (Keeping the opposition's OL off our LB's is what made for such good defense against the run.) So based on that reasoning I see a DT in the 1st round.

Dom is a great stratagist and I wouldn't assume to say this is what will happen.   But it seems to make sense.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 28, 2013, 12:10:52 AM

Austin

Jarvis Jones

That's it.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So Who's Your First Round Pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools