Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So Who's Your First Round Pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 28, 2013, 08:26:11 AM

Trade up to #3 overall... Oakland wants a QB to replace Palmers ridiculous contract. They don't want to spend that #3 pick on one... and they don't have a 2nd round pick.

Dee Milliner.

If that trade doesn't fly, trade for Revis.

My logo is bigger than your logo

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 28, 2013, 08:27:26 AM

If you think honey badgers coverage film is better than those other two you are crazy.  The experts all agree with me. The only people saying Trufant and Rhodes aren't 1st rounders are the morons on this board who want to draft a WR or NT.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 28, 2013, 08:31:43 AM

Rhodes should be our obvious pick but then again I thought Clayborne was our obvious pick last year when he lasted until #5. So i'll say Rhodes but I'll also realize that Dom and Schiano may pull a move again this year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

El Diablo

Starter

#33 : March 28, 2013, 08:34:33 AM

I'm not crazy about dt or wr but I don't want two guys that weren't great against acc and Pac10 talent. Lots of other above average guys we can take in other rounds.
: March 28, 2013, 08:39:16 AM El Diablo

youngone

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 28, 2013, 08:50:43 AM

You wanna reach for Trufant at 13, but Sharrif Floyd would make us off our rockers? Hmmm.....K.
Trufant is not a reach at 13. He could easily go ahead of Xavier Rhodes.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 28, 2013, 09:09:47 AM

. None of these cb's look like first rd talent to me.

Xavier Rhodes :  6'1 , 4.41 40yd dash ,  40 inch vertical

Desmond Trufant : 6'0 , 4.38 40yd dash  , 37.5 vertical

Last season , Moron Claiborne who everyone assumed was  a legit 1st rounder : 5'11 , 4.51 40 yrd dash , 34.5 inch vertical . 4 on the wonderlic

....and it's not like they have terrible film . These guys can play . So how are they not 1st round talents again ?? I call bullsh!t.

You said it..The film on these guys isn't really all that great. Rhodes played
ACC talent and wasn't the best corner on his own team until the other cb got kicked off the team. So enjoy your combine numbers. I think Reid and honeybadger will be better in the NFL than either of these guys.

wrong wrong wrong

rhodes never covered anyone good in the ACC? lets list guys he shut down

Michael Floyd ND. 1st round pick
sammy watkins clemson. future first round pick
deandre hopkins clemson. 1st/2nd rounder this year
conner vernon duke. underrated player. ACC career receiving leader
leonard hankerson miami. 2nd/3rd round draft pick(cant remember)
alshon jeffrey/tori gurley South carolina. jeffrey was a 2nd rounder

i guess that list sucks, theres only 3 1st round guys there and a few 2nds so rhodes obviously lacks talent. and hahaha if you think greg reid was the best corner FSU had. rhodes was a better overall player than reid. reid and mathieu are the same guys both make the splash plays but also give up big plays as well

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 28, 2013, 09:11:53 AM

You wanna reach for Trufant at 13, but Sharrif Floyd would make us off our rockers? Hmmm.....K.
Trufant is not a reach at 13. He could easily go ahead of Xavier Rhodes.

agreed both could go right near eachother. they are 1a and 1b in my book and im happy if we get either. they are 2 different kinds of corner but both equally talented in different areas. imagine if we somehow landed both  :o

acacius

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 28, 2013, 09:21:14 AM

Bjoern Werner.

But I'm an FSU homer.  Take it for what it's worth.

danlowe748

Starter

#38 : March 28, 2013, 10:09:38 AM

Bjoern Werner.

But I'm an FSU homer.  Take it for what it's worth.

I'm an FSU homer too and realize how great Werner is and how great he will be at the NFL level.   

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 28, 2013, 10:19:02 AM

Offense:  Eifert or Austin or L. Johnson

Defense: Werner, Trufant or Ansah

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

El Diablo

Starter

#40 : March 28, 2013, 10:41:52 AM

Last season , Moron Claiborne who everyone assumed was  a legit 1st rounder : 5'11 , 4.51 40 yrd dash , 34.5 inch vertical . 4 on the wonderlic

....and it's not like they have terrible film . These guys can play . So how are they not 1st round talents again ?? I call bullsh!t.

ACC talent and wasn't the best corner on his own team until the other cb got kicked off the team. So enjoy your combine numbers. I think Reid and honeybadger will be better in the NFL than either of these guys.

wrong wrong wrong

rhodes never covered anyone good in the ACC? lets list guys he shut down

Michael Floyd ND. 1st round pick
sammy watkins clemson. future first round pick
deandre hopkins clemson. 1st/2nd rounder this year
conner vernon duke. underrated player. ACC career receiving leader
leonard hankerson miami. 2nd/3rd round draft pick(cant remember)
alshon jeffrey/tori gurley South carolina. jeffrey was a 2nd rounder

i guess that list sucks, theres only 3 1st round guys there and a few 2nds so rhodes obviously lacks talent. and hahaha if you think greg reid was the best corner FSU had. rhodes was a better overall player than reid. reid and mathieu are the same guys both make the splash plays but also give up big plays as well

That list of wr's is far from impressive. I know you are an FSU fan and I have some friends who are huge fans too and they agree Reid was better.  I remember number 5 was the one covering the better receivers most of the time. I do like Rhodes.. would just prefer to draft the best player at 13... Talib was better in college and I know how much everyone loves him.
: March 28, 2013, 10:43:45 AM El Diablo

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#41 : March 28, 2013, 10:50:58 AM

Tavon Austin.

I'll be ecstatic with any one of Austin/Ansah/Star

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 28, 2013, 10:55:14 AM

A DT:  Star, Floyd, Richardson, Sly Williams

Lande (NFP) has Sly Williams ranked ahead of Floyd and Richardson. A middle 1st rounder.

Here is his scouting report:  STRENGTHS - Williams is an innately explosive athlete that also displays impressive agility for a man his size when playing with proper knee bend and leverage. When he comes off the snap low he display very good strength at the POA and the heavy hands needed to take on and shed multiple blockers. He demonstrates outstanding instincts off the snap and excellent read and react skills, allowing him to use his non-stop hustle to make plays he otherwise wouldn't be able to get to.

WEAKNESSES - Too often Williams comes off the snap high and doesn't play with proper knee bend and base. This allows blockers to get into his framework and control him at the POA, as well as prevents him from breaking down in space to consistently finish tackles. He goes to his swim move too often on the pass rush, leading to him being washed out too easily by aggressive blockers.

SUMMARY - For all the (justified) hype Sharrif Floyd and Sheldon Richardson have received, Sylvester Williams is every bit the same level of prospect at DT. He possesses an outstanding first step and excellent instincts, which allow him to constantly penetrate gaps and threaten the backfield. When playing with proper base and leverage he demonstrates excellent strength at the POA, and uses his hands aggressively to shed blocks. When rushing the passer he flashes a variety of moves utilizes his natural quickness and power, but he tends to rely too much on his first step quickness and arm-over move. Once he learns to lower his pad level off the ball utilize his full skill set, he will become a highly productive player in almost any defensive scheme. Williams is clearly worth a first round selection, and should be able to make an immediate impact in the NFL with his burst off the ball.

Also factor in that Butch Davis coached Sylvester Williams at North Carolina and recruited him. It wouldn't shock me one bit. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 28, 2013, 10:56:36 AM

I'm not a Rhodes fan but if you're insinuating Greg Reid was better, I disagree.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 28, 2013, 10:57:22 AM

If they get Revis I think they will draft Austin.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So Who's Your First Round Pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools