Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Bennett will play hurt for Seattle Seahawks « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 28, 2013, 12:08:47 AM

Michael Bennett will play hurt for Seattle Seahawks

By Kenny Legan NFL.com

Published:  March 27, 2013 at 01:56 p.m.

Newly acquired Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett will need surgery on his torn rotator cuff, just not this year -- according to Seahawks general manager John Schneider.

Schneider told KJR-AM's Mitch Levy on Tuesday that Bennett will play with the injury this season, just as he did last year with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"It's not a situation," Schneider said. "Our medical staff felt comfortable with it, especially on a one-year deal."

While several teams reportedly were interested in Bennett this offseason, the Seahawks were able to get him on a one-year, $5 million contract for what was perceived to be way below his market value. We found out a few days later that the bargain had a price -- Bennett's injured shoulder.

It's unclear whether Bennett's production will suffer as a result of playing with a bad shoulder two years in a row. However, it is clear that Schneider and the Seahawks aren't going to let him miss time on the one and only season of his deal, especially with fellow defensive end Chris Clemons' status for the start of the season in doubt while Clemons recovers from reconstructive knee surgery.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 28, 2013, 07:40:29 AM

Michael Bennett will play hurt for Seattle Seahawks

By Kenny Legan NFL.com

Published:  March 27, 2013 at 01:56 p.m.

Newly acquired Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett will need surgery on his torn rotator cuff, just not this year -- according to Seahawks general manager John Schneider.

That sounds just wonderful. Good riddance....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

danlowe748

Starter

#2 : March 28, 2013, 07:43:07 AM

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1304281.0.html

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 28, 2013, 09:09:11 AM

Just like he did for us last year

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 28, 2013, 10:05:18 PM

Why not get the surgery and be ready for training camp?    Torn rotator cuff does not heal itself, as far as I know.  I just find it kinda odd he will just go ahead and tough it out another season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 28, 2013, 10:12:15 PM

Looks like they plan on playing him strictly at 3-tech

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 28, 2013, 10:15:56 PM

Looks like they plan on playing him strictly at 3-tech

A lot of people here overvalued him, including me. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 28, 2013, 10:27:47 PM

It usuall takes at least a few months of rehab before working out like normal. Then the loss of stregnth, its going to take a little bit to get that back. He could have made the time table if he got it done right after the surgery. Now its really pushing it and he might not be 100% come week 1. It would also hurt his value more than playing through the pain. Coming off surgery theres always a chance of reinjury if its not fully healed. Playing through it the team knows what they are getting and its not likely to get much worse.

I give him credit for playing through the pain though.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 28, 2013, 10:46:51 PM

It usuall takes at least a few months of rehab before working out like normal. Then the loss of stregnth, its going to take a little bit to get that back. He could have made the time table if he got it done right after the surgery. Now its really pushing it and he might not be 100% come week 1. It would also hurt his value more than playing through the pain. Coming off surgery theres always a chance of reinjury if its not fully healed. Playing through it the team knows what they are getting and its not likely to get much worse.

I give him credit for playing through the pain though.

Makes sense.   But he is not exactly Nolan Ryan worried about losing his 100 MPH fastball.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 29, 2013, 06:49:42 AM

Playing three tech with a shoulder that is going to get inflamed and painful isn't my idea of a picnic.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 29, 2013, 07:21:15 AM

He is not getting the surgery because it gives him a great excuse when he's fails to get 10 sacks again. Lol

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 11, 2014, 08:47:43 PM

Lol. Fail.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 11, 2014, 09:18:17 PM

He is not getting the surgery because it gives him a great excuse when he's fails to get 10 sacks again. Lol

Success !

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 11, 2014, 09:32:14 PM

Yeah...he had more defensive snaps than anyone else on Seattle's D-line and was their most productive player.....he really leaned on that injury excuse! FAIL

Draft Aaron Donald

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : January 11, 2014, 09:33:10 PM

Absolute failure by Greg Schiano.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Bennett will play hurt for Seattle Seahawks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools