Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu aces LSU pro-day workout « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 28, 2013, 01:01:12 PM

janoris jenkins was a MUCH better prospect and we passed on him and his off the field issues were less numerous than mathieu

Huh? Mathieu was dismissed for failing a drug test, and then later busted for possession.

Jenkins was arrested for fighting and resisting arrest, and Tasered in the process. He had already been arrested for another fight and was on probation. He was busted twice for possession of weed in a 3 month span. I get that he's a more talented player, but his off-field stuff was worse.

bucs63

Starter
#16 : March 28, 2013, 01:07:38 PM

Sanders was enamored with Talib, too. It's not like risking a first round pick, so there would be a case that he's worth a 3rd rounder. The Bucs front office should be a little gun shy of the chronic character issue prospects though, don't ya think?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#17 : March 28, 2013, 01:10:22 PM

Quote from: MUSCLE_HAMSTER
I agree that it's highly unlikely we are interested
Actually, Coach Schiano himself has stated he is interested in Mathieu for what it is worth.
I DON'T BUY IT 3SK!!!!!!

Balls Out

Starter
#18 : March 28, 2013, 01:12:49 PM

Actually, Coach Schiano himself has stated he is interested in Mathieu for what it is worth.
I DON'T BUY IT 3SK!!!!!!

Why not? What's his play for saying so?

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 28, 2013, 01:13:05 PM

and the more I think about this guy.... I think we already have a nickel CB on the team to replace Ronde when he takes the next step.

Gaitor or Johnson would both do well at nickel   (obviously I assuming that we have Revis and Wright as starters)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Balls Out

Starter
#20 : March 28, 2013, 01:15:45 PM

and the more I think about this guy.... I think we already have a nickel CB on the team to replace Ronde when he takes the next step.

Gaitor or Johnson would both do well at nickel   (obviously I assuming that we have Revis and Wright as starters)

There's no such thing as too many good corners on your team, especially the way the game has evolved...I believe I remember Dom saying so himself.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 28, 2013, 01:42:07 PM

I DON'T BUY IT 3SK!!!!!!

I bought me some. Seemed pretty genuine in his words.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#22 : March 28, 2013, 01:44:35 PM

How much did he improve his bench to prove that he's committed to putting in the work in the weight room?  Oh wait, he didn't even try to improve on his 4 reps from the combine.  Our second 4th at the very earliest.
: March 28, 2013, 01:46:33 PM chattertonm3

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 28, 2013, 01:45:01 PM

The only good media coverage of the honey badger is the one that likes to eat snakes on YouTube.

You must be accountable for your actions!

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#24 : March 28, 2013, 01:45:58 PM

I DON'T BUY IT 3SK!!!!!!

Smokescreen.  If Schiano were really interested, why would he announce it to the world?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 28, 2013, 01:47:41 PM

Quote from: mgchat76
Smokescreen.  If Schiano were really interested, why would he announce it to the world?

If that's the case, he seemed sketchy about Mante Teo. So I'd go as far as to say, he likes the potential of one player with character concerns. He seemed to be excited about talking about Mathieu though.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 28, 2013, 01:51:56 PM

I'm expecting him to be a 2nd round pick and would be floored if he went after the 3rd round. He just flat out makes game changing plays and can handle slot receivers 1 on 1.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#27 : March 28, 2013, 01:52:16 PM

Quote from: mgchat76

If that's the case, he seemed sketchy about Mante Teo. So I'd go as far as to say, he likes the potential of one player with character concerns. He seemed to be excited about talking about Mathieu though.
He may be excited about Honey Badger, but in the past the coaches and front office have been very tight lipped about players they are targeting.  Why would he put his cards on the table for this player?  I could be overthinking it, though.

Balls Out

Starter
#28 : March 28, 2013, 02:01:21 PM

I DON'T BUY IT 3SK!!!!!!

Fair point, but then you're getting into the "I know, what you know, what I know, ect..." ...And I just don't get/buy the smokescreen angle, but then again I'n not an NFL exec who plays these types of games so what do I know.

What I do know, is that it's not out of the question that he is interested in him, which is what some others on here believe.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 28, 2013, 02:03:38 PM

I don't think Coach Schiano would have met with Mathieu if he wasn't interested in him.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu aces LSU pro-day workout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools