Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu aces LSU pro-day workout « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 28, 2013, 02:05:11 PM

janoris jenkins was a MUCH better prospect and we passed on him and his off the field issues were less numerous than mathieu

Huh? Mathieu was dismissed for failing a drug test, and then later busted for possession.

Jenkins was arrested for fighting and resisting arrest, and Tasered in the process. He had already been arrested for another fight and was on probation. He was busted twice for possession of weed in a 3 month span. I get that he's a more talented player, but his off-field stuff was worse.

yes but jenkins also learned his lesson and cleaned his act up when he went to div 2. mathieu went to d2 and promptly was kicked out again. and i guarantee mathieu failed a bunch of drug tests. it takes alot to get a D1 athlete kicked out

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#31 : March 28, 2013, 02:34:07 PM

Quote from: MUSCLE_HAMSTER
I agree that it's highly unlikely we are interested
Actually, Coach Schiano himself has stated he is interested in Mathieu for what it is worth.
I DON'T BUY IT 3SK!!!!!!

Why not? What's his play for saying so?
everyone who follows football closely knows that everything said and most things done before the draft are mind games, smokescreens, double smokescreens, and largely irrelevant.

We were reported, alleged, and tied to being in love with moving up for Trent Richardson or staying put and drafting Morris Claiborne.

We moved down and took Barron.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 28, 2013, 02:35:44 PM

janoris jenkins was a MUCH better prospect and we passed on him and his off the field issues were less numerous than mathieu

Huh? Mathieu was dismissed for failing a drug test, and then later busted for possession.

Jenkins was arrested for fighting and resisting arrest, and Tasered in the process. He had already been arrested for another fight and was on probation. He was busted twice for possession of weed in a 3 month span. I get that he's a more talented player, but his off-field stuff was worse.

yes but jenkins also learned his lesson and cleaned his act up when he went to div 2. mathieu went to d2 and promptly was kicked out again. and i guarantee mathieu failed a bunch of drug tests. it takes alot to get a D1 athlete kicked out
i don't think he attempted D2. Thought he stayed at LSU.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 28, 2013, 02:37:35 PM

I don't think Coach Schiano would have met with Mathieu if he wasn't interested in him.
thats what he wants you to think.

And maybe ^ that's what he wants you to think too.

Or ^ that.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 28, 2013, 02:37:51 PM

4 in a row!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 28, 2013, 02:47:18 PM

i don't think he attempted D2. Thought he stayed at LSU.

im pretty sure he went to mcneese state or something like that and got bounced before school started

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 28, 2013, 02:55:09 PM

Actually, Coach Schiano himself has stated he is interested in Mathieu for what it is worth.
I DON'T BUY IT 3SK!!!!!!

everyone who follows football closely knows that everything said and most things done before the draft are mind games, smokescreens, double smokescreens, and largely irrelevant.

We were reported, alleged, and tied to being in love with moving up for Trent Richardson or staying put and drafting Morris Claiborne.

Exactly. Remember when Gruden worked out Aaron Rodgers, said how great he was, promised to draft him, and then picked Carnell Williams? He fooled everyone!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Balls Out

Starter
#37 : March 28, 2013, 03:02:55 PM

I DON'T BUY IT 3SK!!!!!!

I can assure you that I follow football closely and am well aware of the games teams play before the draft. So let's agree that we can't believe anything we hear. My main point of contention is that some don't believe that there's even a chance Schiano would draft this guy because he doesn't fit the "mold", I disagree and believe that he can fit the mold, regardless of past transgressions.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

Balls Out

Starter
#38 : March 28, 2013, 03:05:21 PM

I DON'T BUY IT 3SK!!!!!!

Exactly. Remember when Gruden worked out Aaron Rodgers, said how great he was, promised to draft him, and then picked Carnell Williams? He fooled everyone!

Yup....joke was definely on 'us' with that one!

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 28, 2013, 04:12:49 PM

Or ^ that.

What Greg Schiano's intention is to do, is to tell you verbally that he has met with Tyrann Mathieu, when in reality, on the Tuesday prior, he didn't meet with Tyrann Mathieu, he simply booked a reservation to meet with him, under his name so people would think they met. But! In order to sell the story, he hired a man to play the part of Tyrann Mathieu so that people would be sold that the Buccaneers were in fact meeting Tyrann Mathieu. Mark Dominik did not like the idea of spending money on a Tyrann Mathieu clone/lookalike being the frugal spender that he is not to mention that electronic payments could be tracked, so he decided to purchase a Tyrann Mathieu mask. The meeting had occurred the following night and Schiano reportedly came away very impressed with Dominik's impression of Mathieu in the interview. Greg was so impressed that he called Mark and said that he was still laughing at how good it was last night shortly after 5:00pm. Mark's exclaimed to Greg, that although he showed up, he left long before 4:00PM. Of course Greg thought, Mark is always gone before 4. Much to Greg's dismay, he wanted to know who was impersonating Tyrann Mathieu. Greg even exclaimed that Tyrann later took his mask off and it was revealed to be Mark Dominik. A letter later received by Greg Schiano revealed that the man in the Tyrann Mathieu mask was also wearing a Mark Dominik mask. The letter specifies that behind the Mark Dominik mask was in fact, Tyrann Mathieu.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 28, 2013, 04:25:56 PM

The plan is to draft him and have EWrighteousness mentor him...until the inevitable felony. just kidding...the idea of drafting him intrigues me.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 28, 2013, 04:50:48 PM

I DON'T BUY IT 3SK!!!!!!

I can assure you that I follow football closely and am well aware of the games teams play before the draft. So let's agree that we can't believe anything we hear. My main point of contention is that some don't believe that there's even a chance Schiano would draft this guy because he doesn't fit the "mold", I disagree and believe that he can fit the mold, regardless of past transgressions.

You are entitled to your opinion, however, under Schiano his players need to have a sense of discipline.  What has the honey badger done to instill any confidence that he will play with discipline on and off the field...why risk a pick on this?

Tankhard Jackson screwed up multiple times because of failed drug tests.  .  I do not have any confidence that this player can prove me wrong.   Would rather pick Leon McFadden in that 3rd round area.

You must be accountable for your actions!

youngone

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 28, 2013, 04:58:27 PM

I would definitely draft Mathieu.. That dude is ballhawk and a playmaker. I'd take that in a nickel corner any day and he can return kicks.

Balls Out

Starter
#43 : March 28, 2013, 05:58:22 PM

I DON'T BUY IT 3SK!!!!!!

You are entitled to your opinion, however, under Schiano his players need to have a sense of discipline.  What has the honey badger done to instill any confidence that he will play with discipline on and off the field...why risk a pick on this?

Tankhard Jackson screwed up multiple times because of failed drug tests.  .  I do not have any confidence that this player can prove me wrong.   Would rather pick Leon McFadden in that 3rd round area.

Can't argue with anything you've said....maybe, just like Tanard, he can't kick the habit, but there is a difference between the two. I'm sure Tanard, just like Tyrann, was smoking weed before he even learned to shave, but unlike Tyrann, Tanard was able to make it to the NFL and get his $$$ without having to face any consequences for it.

Tyrann doesn't have jack sh!t and has learned a harsh lesson at a young age, I'm hoping that is what makes the difference, regardless if he gets drafted by the Bucs or not, because I don't "think" he's a bad guy and I do root for the underdog.

Either way, I think it's silly to say for sure at this stage of the game that he won't be able to do it, or that he will...One thing I do trust is Schiano's jugement in character and commitment to see "his guys" succeed...If he's wearing pewter and red this time next month, count me in as a believer.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 28, 2013, 06:01:38 PM

Or ^ that.

What Greg Schiano's intention is to do, is to tell you verbally that he has met with Tyrann Mathieu, when in reality, on the Tuesday prior, he didn't meet with Tyrann Mathieu, he simply booked a reservation to meet with him, under his name so people would think they met. But! In order to sell the story, he hired a man to play the part of Tyrann Mathieu so that people would be sold that the Buccaneers were in fact meeting Tyrann Mathieu. Mark Dominik did not like the idea of spending money on a Tyrann Mathieu clone/lookalike being the frugal spender that he is not to mention that electronic payments could be tracked, so he decided to purchase a Tyrann Mathieu mask. The meeting had occurred the following night and Schiano reportedly came away very impressed with Dominik's impression of Mathieu in the interview. Greg was so impressed that he called Mark and said that he was still laughing at how good it was last night shortly after 5:00pm. Mark's exclaimed to Greg, that although he showed up, he left long before 4:00PM. Of course Greg thought, Mark is always gone before 4. Much to Greg's dismay, he wanted to know who was impersonating Tyrann Mathieu. Greg even exclaimed that Tyrann later took his mask off and it was revealed to be Mark Dominik. A letter later received by Greg Schiano revealed that the man in the Tyrann Mathieu mask was also wearing a Mark Dominik mask. The letter specifies that behind the Mark Dominik mask was in fact, Tyrann Mathieu.
And that is just an excerpt from Greg Schiano's Diary from Mark Dominik's dream that Schiano saw in a movie that Mark wrote.

according to mah sources

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu aces LSU pro-day workout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools