Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu aces LSU pro-day workout « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#45 : March 28, 2013, 07:01:47 PM

And with their 4th round selection the Buccaneers choose. .............

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#46 : March 28, 2013, 08:14:08 PM

Meh....he's 5 foot nothing . Who is he going to match up against besides Steve Smith ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#47 : March 28, 2013, 09:19:59 PM

I wouldn't mind the pick, even if all he did was kick returns, he would be worth a 3rd or 4th IMO.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#48 : March 28, 2013, 11:05:25 PM

Meh....he's 5 foot nothing . Who is he going to match up against besides Steve Smith ?

Who the else do we have that can cover Steve Smith. You are such a dumbazz

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#49 : March 28, 2013, 11:09:36 PM

janoris jenkins was a MUCH better prospect and we passed on him and his off the field issues were less numerous than mathieu

Huh? Mathieu was dismissed for failing a drug test, and then later busted for possession.

Jenkins was arrested for fighting and resisting arrest, and Tasered in the process. He had already been arrested for another fight and was on probation. He was busted twice for possession of weed in a 3 month span. I get that he's a more talented player, but his off-field stuff was worse.

yes but jenkins also learned his lesson and cleaned his act up when he went to div 2. mathieu went to d2 and promptly was kicked out again. and i guarantee mathieu failed a bunch of drug tests. it takes alot to get a D1 athlete kicked out

Maybe you should know what the hell you are talking about before you post this nonsense. After Tyrann was kicked out he went to John Lucas' rehab and was going to stay enrolled at LSU on his own dime and come back next year. He never enrolled in a D2 school although several were salivating to get him. He got caught up in the possession mess (still no evidence it was his or another players) so Les told him he was done. Tyrann has made a lot of mistakes but he is a good kid and a very talented player. If you bothered knowing the full story you would see how he will get past this.

free2williams

Rookie

#50 : March 28, 2013, 11:22:45 PM

One of the best players on our offense got kicked off his college team at Syrcause and he turned out pretty well... Tyrann is worth a gamble, absolute playmaker

threadkiller

Hall of Famer

#51 : March 29, 2013, 12:04:48 AM

Each time we come across one of these unrepentant pot smokers the NFL's drug policies become more frustrating.  Especially the ones for whom that is really their only "character concern".  Smoking a plant, that is now legal in several states of our union, is more damning to a player's professional career then virtually any crime he could commit (including very violent ones).  It's absurd, obscene really, that guys like Tanard have their careers ruined and dudes like Jerramy Stevens can bounce around the league for years drawing fat checks. 

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 29, 2013, 01:42:23 AM

Each time we come across one of these unrepentant pot smokers the NFL's drug policies become more frustrating.  Especially the ones for whom that is really their only "character concern".  Smoking a plant, that is now legal in several states of our union, is more damning to a player's professional career then virtually any crime he could commit (including very violent ones).  It's absurd, obscene really, that guys like Tanard have their careers ruined and dudes like Jerramy Stevens can bounce around the league for years drawing fat checks.

It's always confused me how these guys can't just pick alcohol over weed if they need a vice. Why risk your career over being intoxicated?

I do agree, though, that smoking weed doesn't strike me as a character concern, just an idiot concern.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#53 : March 29, 2013, 07:09:38 AM

Samarai to answer your question : Revis.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu aces LSU pro-day workout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools