Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you draft Freeman, if you had a Re-Do ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 28, 2013, 09:00:27 PM

I would still draft Freeman. I've had a lot of fun watching him play throughout the years. At worse we will look back on him as an inconsistent player who just didn't put it all together. I'm probably Freeman's biggest supporter left. I think that he will have 30+ TDs next year, and there will be no doubt that he's a good QB.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 28, 2013, 09:25:51 PM

The dude plays just well enough to not be a bust.  But not that great, to be called your franchise QB.

So this season, I hope he goes one way or the other, step up and be great, or totally collapse, at least we will have the experiment over with , one way or the other.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 28, 2013, 09:28:23 PM

The dude plays just well enough to not be a bust.  But not that great, to be called your franchise QB.

So this season, I hope he goes one way or the other, step up and be great, or totally collapse, at least we will have the experiment over with, one way or the other.

Unless Freeman puts up big numbers, he needs to make the playoffs to keep his job. An average performance won't get him extended.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 28, 2013, 09:34:41 PM

So this season, I hope he goes one way or the other, step up and be great, or totally collapse, at least we will have the experiment over with, one way or the other.

Unless Freeman puts up big numbers, he needs to make the playoffs to keep his job. An average performance won't get him extended.

An  "average performance"  would be the worst thing that could happen.   If he sucks, ok.  If he is pro bowl material, great.  Those decisions are easy.  If he is sorta ok.  thats the tough decision.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 28, 2013, 09:37:27 PM

An  "average performance"  would be the worst thing that could happen.   If he sucks, ok.  If he is pro bowl material, great.  Those decisions are easy.  If he is sorta ok.  thats the tough decision.

average performance + playoffs = extended
average performance + no playoffs = kicked to curb

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 28, 2013, 09:38:35 PM

I wasn't crazy about the Freeman pick especially the trade up, but I think he has done enough to not be considered a horrible pick considering we were searching for that franchise QB.   Agree with dbuc in that it would have been nice to Harvin though

danlowe748

Starter

#36 : March 28, 2013, 09:42:45 PM

I still stand with the Freeman is a franchise killing level QB because of the high tease factor he has. Bad QB's are jettisoned guys like Freeman linger on slowly sucking the soul out of your team for years.

Obviously, no I would not have taken him.

This is the best post in the thread.   

wilkes

Rookie
#37 : March 29, 2013, 10:43:26 AM

Yes, and many franchises find them selves in that position. Dallas with Romo, Philly with McNabb, Atlanta with Vick. This seems to be common in the NFL, past present and will be in the future. That is why if a franchise QB is availible in the draft you have to take him if you are in the position we are in.

To answer the original question, yes, I would still draft him. QB's and 3 techniques are hard to come by and are  trial and error.

danlowe748

Starter

#38 : March 29, 2013, 09:00:46 PM

Yes, and many franchises find them selves in that position. Dallas with Romo, Philly with McNabb, Atlanta with Vick. This seems to be common in the NFL, past present and will be in the future. That is why if a franchise QB is availible in the draft you have to take him if you are in the position we are in.

All of those guys took their team to the playoffs multiple times.  Freeman hasn't done a damn thing yet.  Zero playoffs.    Please don't compare him to guys who are leaders and winners again.

If you want to compare Freeman to someone, compare him to someone like Matt Leinart or Byron Leftwich.

smithcar

Starter

#39 : March 29, 2013, 09:14:36 PM

There are likely 10 teams that would love to have Freeman maybe more, he is still developing! Consistency is his biggest problem, maybe wouldn't have happened if there was consistency in coaching. He deserves an extension, not every team can have a pro bowl QB! Ours isn't far off from at least being in the conversation for pro bowl, it defiantly could be worse. Maybe if we could stop teams on D, he wouldn't be forced to throw so much and wouldn't try to force the ball in as much.
: March 29, 2013, 09:16:25 PM smithcar

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 29, 2013, 09:21:32 PM

There are likely 10 teams that would love to have Freeman maybe more, he is still developing! Consistency is his biggest problem, maybe wouldn't have happened if there was consistency in coaching. He deserves an extension, not every team can have a pro bowl QB! Ours isn't far off from at least being in the conversation for pro bowl, it defiantly could be worse. Maybe if we could stop teams on D, he wouldn't be forced to throw so much and wouldn't try to force the ball in as much.

I never understood the rationality of the "well at least we're not XYZ".  If you're in it just to NOT be one of those ten teams then I think that is the wrong reasoning.  Is Josh capable of winning a Super Bowl?  He can't even get to the playoffs.  I hate this lower your bar  and be happy with what you have stuff.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#41 : March 29, 2013, 11:17:08 PM

wanted Harvin then - nothing has changed damnittohell

+1

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 30, 2013, 01:03:15 AM

I believe there is a sig stating my take on this. Very much along the lines of what dalbuc said. No way would I draft him again.

In Verner We Trust

danlowe748

Starter

#43 : March 30, 2013, 01:23:55 AM

I believe there is a sig stating my take on this. Very much along the lines of what dalbuc said. No way would I draft him again.

Drafting him is the 2nd worst thing that has happened to the Bucs in the last 10 years.   Raheem of course being the first.
: March 30, 2013, 01:28:22 AM danlowe748

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 30, 2013, 01:27:53 AM

What was the first?

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you draft Freeman, if you had a Re-Do ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools