Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UConn LB Sio Moore scheduled for a visit. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

youngone

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 03, 2013, 02:39:27 PM

Lol Mehhh That's old news.. Stephen Morris is going to hang 300+ on you guys, and the Duke will get loose.

GO CANES

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 03, 2013, 02:49:29 PM

Would love to get Sio Moore in the draft. I hope we trade up into the end of the second round sort of like we did for Lavonte David to get him.

I think he would be a great fit for our down hill mentality we have for our linebackers.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#17 : April 03, 2013, 03:02:53 PM

Would love to get Sio Moore in the draft. I hope we trade up into the end of the second round sort of like we did for Lavonte David to get him.

I think he would be a great fit for our down hill mentality we have for our linebackers.

Looks to me like this may be our plan. Hopefully he lasts til the end of the 2nd round.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 03, 2013, 03:04:04 PM

Or Kaseem Greene...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 03, 2013, 03:07:10 PM

Or Kaseem Greene...

one of the only former schiano players i would want

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 03, 2013, 03:08:25 PM

If he is the 9th rated 4-3 OLB or thereabouts he should be avail 3rd round or later. 

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#21 : April 03, 2013, 03:16:42 PM

Think I like Greene more than Moore too. Moore seems a little less smooth and explosive in his movements than Greene.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 03, 2013, 03:20:31 PM

I realize hes a good player but its alarming to me that we are still focusing A LOT on Big East players. i understand that schiano has experience with and against them but he needs to focus on the big picture. if anything we need to be mining the florida talent. this team will interest fans more if there are former UF and FSU players being drafted by the team. im not advocating just drafting a guy because he went to one of the state schools but both put out talented guys that fit needs and interest the fans

People view it as a bad thing. How about he knows these players much better than he knows players from other conferences. If they are good enough, Schiano knows them well, why not?

Don't forget his prize draftees from last years draft are from 3 different conferences so let's keep in mind that he and dom do look at all avenues for talent.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 03, 2013, 03:28:55 PM

If he is the 9th rated 4-3 OLB or thereabouts he should be avail 3rd round or later.
Thats according to Walter Football, who I think is a terrible site.

According to CBS/nfldraftscout.com he is the 6th ranked outside linebacker.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 03, 2013, 04:42:48 PM

I realize hes a good player but its alarming to me that we are still focusing A LOT on Big East players. i understand that schiano has experience with and against them but he needs to focus on the big picture. if anything we need to be mining the florida talent. this team will interest fans more if there are former UF and FSU players being drafted by the team. im not advocating just drafting a guy because he went to one of the state schools but both put out talented guys that fit needs and interest the fans

People view it as a bad thing. How about he knows these players much better than he knows players from other conferences. If they are good enough, Schiano knows them well, why not?

Don't forget his prize draftees from last years draft are from 3 different conferences so let's keep in mind that he and dom do look at all avenues for talent.

its a valid point but he just seems locked in on guys he played against in college. najee good and keith tandy were taken when there were probably better players on the board but he took them mainly from familiarity. we do have a scouting dept whose job is to check out players from all over the country. i hope im just reading into this too much because of his favor for rutgers guys even when they arent great players. i know the element of scheme fit and buying in is big to him but you still need the talent to compete

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 03, 2013, 04:54:57 PM

ill vomit if we use a high draft pick on a SLB and dont intend to use him as effectively as von miller.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UConn LB Sio Moore scheduled for a visit. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools