Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Miller's NFL 1000 - CB Grades Added « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CanadianBuc

Starter
« : March 28, 2013, 10:37:42 AM »

He has been doing a power ranking of every position and I wanted to show you what he has written about Bucs players so far.

QB:

32. Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 74/100
Freeman is a big, strong quarterback with the overall ability to be very good. What’s holding him back thus far is largely mental and mechanical. Freeman must become better at going through his progressions and not telegraphing passes while also taking the time to set up his shoulders and feet when throwing.

52. Dan Orlovski, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 69/100
Orlovsky is tough, has good size and is an adequate backup, but he isn’t someone you want to be your starter week in and week out.

RB

NOT RELEASED YET

FB

NO BUCS PLAYERS INCLUDED

WR

NOT RELEASED YET

TE

27. Dallas Clark, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 64/100
Clark is one of the most important tight ends of the last 10 years, but his production and ability regressed in 2012. Away from Peyton Manning, Clark wasn’t nearly as impactful in the passing game.

37. Luke Stocker, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 61/100
Stocker should see more production than he does, which may change in 2013. He has good all-around talent without being fantastic at any one thing. There’s good upside here, though.

41. Tom Crabtree, Green Bay Packers
Overall 59/100
Crabtree doesn’t do any one thing great; he is nothing more than a backup or spot starter. He lacks the hands and blocking ability to used as an every-down player.

RT

14. Demar Dotson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 70/100
Dotson is a balanced tackle with upside on the right side of the offensive line. He showed some versatility in 2012 by playing left tackle for one game, but his home for the future is on the right.

G

68. Jamon Meredith, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Section title 53/100
Jamon Meredith is a valuable rotational player at right tackle and guard, but being forced into action at guard in 2012, he struggled in the passing game. A young player, Meredith needs time to develop.

26. Jeremy Zuttah, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 70/100
Ranked at guard due to taking more snaps there in 2012, Zuttah will likely be the team’s center in the future. As a pure blocker on the line, he has potential, but no matter the position, he must get stronger at the point of attack in the run game.

11. Carl Nicks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 80/100
Our top-ranked left guard in 2012, Nicks had a tougher transition to Tampa Bay and then suffered an injury before he could fully acclimate to the new offense. With his skill set and raw power, Nicks should be back near the top of the list in 2014.

PS: Davin Joseph NOT ranked due to injury

C

20. Ted Larsen, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 72/100
Larsen was a good surprise for our team. We love his agility and awareness, but we wish he was stronger at the point of attack. Once he cleans that up in the offseason, we could be looking at a top-10 center.

LT

18. Donald Penn, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 70/100
Penn is playing out of position at left tackle, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be wise to move him to the other side. Penn’s short arms and his lack of speed make him a liability in pass protection. Where some tackles can overcome one or the other, having slow feet and short arms is a recipe for disaster.

DE

46. Da'Quan Bowers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 63/100
Bowers could be a star if ever healthy, but that's been a major issue throughout his career. There’s potential here for him to move way up the list if he can play 16 games.

PS: Adrian Clayborn NOT Ranked due to injury, They did 3-4 DEs and 4-3 DEs obviously this is from 4-3, Mike Bennett was Ranked 4th

DT

31. Gary Gibson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 68/100
A good two-down inside presence at tackle, Gibson is a run-stuffer, but he doesn’t show up on film as a pass-rusher.

2. Gerald McCoy, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 87/100
If his first full season is an indicator of what’s to come from McCoy, he’ll be near the top of this list for a long time.

P.S: Roy Miller was ranked 20th

LB

NOT RELEASED YET

CB

74. Eric Wright, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 68/100
A suspension midseason and poor overall play has Wright regressing from his 2011 ranking. Too many poor plays added up to contribute to this.

58. Leonard Johnson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 73/100
The Buccaneers have to be happy with Johnson’s first season, especially considering his draft positioning. He might be the team’s best cornerback heading into 2013.

P.S: EJ Biggers was ranked No. 61, Revis was NOT ranked due to injury

S

70. Ahmad Black, Buccaneers
51/100
Coverage: 25/40, Run Defense: 4/15, Tackle: 8/20, Speed: 14/25
A small free safety with limited range, Ahmad Black doesn’t bring much pop in the run game or as a tackler. Black does well in coverage if he’s in a zone, but when put in man coverage, he’s not big enough or fast enough to make positive plays. Black will limit scores and does a good job securing tackles when in position. There’s upside here for Black as a backup safety.

26. Mark Barron, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 68/100
We all know that Barron is a big hitter, and he’s a consistent tackler underneath, but his cover skills weren’t up to par in his first season. There’s unlimited potential for Barron to continue to improve.

24. Ronde Barber, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 70/100
An impressive veteran who is somehow still productive after so many seasons, Barber started to show signs of slowing down in 2012. He could be moved to a nickel- or dime-package role in 2013.

18. Dashon Goldson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 71/100
I’ve been an outspoken critic of Goldson’s for a number of reasons. His penalties and inconsistent cover skills outweigh his locker-room presence and leadership. The 49ers agreed when they let him hit free agency this offseason.

K

7. Connor Barth, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 84/100
Barth is a strong, accurate kicker who has been one of the most consistent in the NFL. His five total misses on the year knocked down his accuracy rating, but Barth is still almost automatic inside the 50-yard line.

P.S: Our UDFA Kai Forbath was ranked 9th (Now with Redskins)

P

23. Michael Koenen, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Overall 70/100
Koenen struggled with power and delivery in 2012, as his kicks didn’t have the same take-off that we became used to in 2011.

Some choices I disagree with, some I agree with but all in all I have to give Matt Miller props for making all of these rankings. He is either really devoted to his job or has no life whatsoever.
« : April 03, 2013, 05:29:21 PM BucsFan18 »

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #1 : March 28, 2013, 10:48:31 AM »

Ridiculous list so far. Underrates several Bucs. Freeman 32nd? Wow.

In Verner We Trust

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
« #2 : March 28, 2013, 10:49:14 AM »

So let me get this right, he is saying that Freeman is 32 out of 32 starting QB's? 

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #3 : March 28, 2013, 10:51:35 AM »

Ridiculous list so far. Underrates several Bucs. Freeman 32nd? Wow.

Tell me about it, sheesh. The thing that really pissed me off was Mike Bennett's rank, which was 4. If he was on the Bucs and not Hawks he wouldnt have even been in the top-10. Dashon Goldson was a Top-10 Player last year. Played great, made the all-pro team, signed with Tampa and moved DOWN 8 Spots!!! Freeman at 32 is absolutely ludicrous.

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #4 : March 28, 2013, 10:52:06 AM »

So let me get this right, he is saying that Freeman is 32 out of 32 starting QB's?

No he is 32nd best QB out of every QB in the NFL but still he should be Top-18 at least

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #5 : March 28, 2013, 11:40:13 AM »

When I saw Freeman at #32 I thought it was low but after reading how the break down was done and seeing his scores it looks fairer.
The breakdown essentially lists what many have been saying, he's a guy with all the physical tools but lacks the mental makeup & accuracy to be a guy that has a starting job, it's better to have the smart consistent guy you can gameplay around than the "dumb" physical freak.
Notice the maximum score for accuracy & decision making is 30 while strength is just 20, that really limits Josh who relies on his natural physical gifts, something that works well in streaks.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 28, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »

I would normally pass over this type of nonsense but I had to know.

Freeman ranked 32nd?

Here's the list of QB's ranked better than Freeman:

Locker, Henne, Colt McCoy, Hasselbeck, Flynn, Kolb

If this guy gets paid for his work, somebody is getting ripped off.

Turn the page.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #7 : March 28, 2013, 07:27:01 PM »

I would normally pass over this type of nonsense but I had to know.

Freeman ranked 32nd?

Here's the list of QB's ranked better than Freeman:

Locker, Henne, Colt McCoy, Hasselbeck, Flynn, Kolb

Looks legit.

danlowe748

Starter

« #8 : March 28, 2013, 07:56:13 PM »

Agree with it or not, here's the guy's list.

1. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
3. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
4. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
5. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
6. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
7. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
8. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
9. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
10. Eli Manning, New York Giants
11. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
12. Colin Kaepernick, San Franciso 49ers
13. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears
14. Matt Schaub, Houston Texans
15. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
16. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
17. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
18. Alex Smith, San Francisco 49ers
19. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
20. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals
21. Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams
22. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
23. Kevin Kolb, Arizona Cardinals
24. Kirk Cousins, Washington Redskins
25. Kyle Orton, Dallas Cowboys
26. Matt Flynn, Seattle Seahawks
27. Matt Hasselbeck, Tennessee Titans
28. Colt McCoy, Cleveland Browns
29. Carson Palmer, Oakland Raiders
30. Chad Henne, Jacksonville Jaguars
31. Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans

I would not rate Kolb as better than Freeman, so move him up to 31.

However, these guys are better than Freeman.

34. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles
35. Ryan Mallett, New England Patriots
38. Jason Campbell, Chicago Bears
43. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills
45. Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns
48. Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings
62. Tim Tebow, New York Jets
63. Mark Sanchez, New York Jets

So move him down to 40 in reality

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 28, 2013, 08:17:21 PM »

He has been doing a power ranking of every position and I wanted to show you what he has written about Bucs players so far.

QB:

Overall 74/100
Freeman is a big, strong quarterback with the overall ability to be very good. What’s holding him back thus far is largely mental and mechanical. Freeman must become better at going through his progressions and not telegraphing passes while also taking the time to set up his shoulders and feet when throwing.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #10 : March 28, 2013, 08:39:40 PM »

Larsen sucks lol.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #11 : March 28, 2013, 09:01:50 PM »

I don't care what anyone says, Freeman should be about #15. Freeman has more TDs just last year than about 5 players combined who are ahead of him on that list.

danlowe748

Starter

« #12 : March 28, 2013, 09:13:17 PM »

I don't care what anyone says, Freeman should be about #15. Freeman has more TDs just last year than about 5 players combined who are ahead of him on that list.

Do those other QB's have VJax and Mwill to throw to?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 28, 2013, 09:16:13 PM »

However, these guys are better than Freeman.

35. Ryan Mallett, New England Patriots
38. Jason Campbell, Chicago Bears
43. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills
45. Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns
48. Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings
62. Tim Tebow, New York Jets
63. Mark Sanchez, New York Jets

So move him down to 40 in reality

Ha. I needed a good laugh, thanks.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 28, 2013, 09:17:42 PM »

Chad Henne and Jake Locker do not lead Josh Freeman in any statistical category.

None.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Miller's NFL 1000 - CB Grades Added « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools