Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Demer Dotson gets 3 year extension? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Balls Out

Starter
#15 : March 28, 2013, 01:18:23 PM

People hating on Dotson need to remember that he's just a 'baby' football experience wise....I have yet to hear any complaints about his commitment and his athletic ability unquestionable, what's not to like here?

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 28, 2013, 01:24:04 PM

Yeah, I don't understand the negativity for this move. It's a cheap deal for a guy that started, that is still learning the game. We don't even know the guarantees in it.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 28, 2013, 01:26:27 PM

Yeah, I don't understand the negativity for this move. It's a cheap deal for a guy that started, that is still learning the game. We don't even know the guarantees in it.

Cheap deal. Ill take it. Hes not horrible and he can provide us depth when we find somebody better. I say its a solid move for now.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 28, 2013, 01:31:08 PM

People hating on Dotson need to remember that he's just a 'baby' football experience wise....I have yet to hear any complaints about his commitment and his athletic ability unquestionable, what's not to like here?

He's a depth guy along the OL and a starter when needed. I'm all for protecting #5. I'd be looking for some more depth come the draft.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 28, 2013, 01:32:38 PM

not bad. seems like a manageable salary. wish wed have done something cheap with roy miller. ah well

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 28, 2013, 01:36:50 PM

and with Bostad providing him coaching - even freakin better.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 28, 2013, 01:38:03 PM

While he may not be a starter on most teams, 4.5 million over 3 years for a guy who could get the job done is a bargain in my opinion. Must have been one hell of a transition to go from BBall to Football, glad to see him get paid.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 28, 2013, 03:09:00 PM

He's a depth guy along the OL and a starter when needed. I'm all for protecting #5. I'd be looking for some more depth come the draft.

There was a million free agent RT and they re-signed Dotson for 3 years. He's not a depth guy, he's the starting RT.

Balls Out

Starter
#23 : March 28, 2013, 03:14:59 PM

There was a million free agent RT and they re-signed Dotson for 3 years. He's not a depth guy, he's the starting RT.

I thought he did a great job last season, all things considered.

If nothing else, he saved me from throwing my remote through the T.V. by keeping Trueblood and his false starts on the bench.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 28, 2013, 03:15:17 PM

If I were Donald Penn I might be nervous. Dotson is in the long term plans and Bob Bostad must really like him. Good news to me. Now onto Davin Joseph.....did he play last year. LOL

I agree. Penn might have one year left with the Bucs unless he restructures. Look for the Bucs to target Rick Wagner as early as the 2nd round. He's a 3 year starter at LT for Wisconsin. The same place where Bucs OL Coach Bob Bostad recruited him and coached him.

Good information on Rick Wagner. Thanks for the heads up. Do you have any replacements for Davin. Penn and Davin equal $13 million in salary. Tons of cash for just good Olinemen

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 28, 2013, 03:31:34 PM

Wagner is not a second round candidate. He is a low fourth rounder to sixth rounder, mainly do to his agility and slower then normal foot quickness. He only projects as a RT at the NFL.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 28, 2013, 03:35:30 PM

I recall a certain used-to-be C raving about his potential, saying Dotson had all the tools to be making regular trips to Hawaii in January. Maybe he was better suited to scout talent than play C in the NFL. I thought RT was a position in need of an upgrade. Maybe I was wrong. I would like to thank whoever thought to bring Bostad here. I can't wait to see what he can do with a healthy OL.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 28, 2013, 03:40:59 PM

Our O-Line next year, barring any unforseen injuries is going to be nasty.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 28, 2013, 03:45:49 PM

Better than Trueblood. Not bad

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 28, 2013, 04:02:45 PM

I sincerely hope we don't reach and grab Wagner in round 2. I would have to falcon punch one of Beatles' birds.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Demer Dotson gets 3 year extension? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools