Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Demer Dotson gets 3 year extension? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 28, 2013, 04:35:33 PM

Yeah, I don't understand the negativity for this move. It's a cheap deal for a guy that started, that is still learning the game. We don't even know the guarantees in it.

Because there are a lot of idiots on this board. He was solid all year and got a bit shaky towards the end. He is a starter if we don't upgrade and a nice back up if we do. Makes sense all the way around.

People are just stupid and forget this isn't madden where you go out and spend every cent of your cap room without any look to the future.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 28, 2013, 04:38:58 PM

Quote from: BucNY
Because there are a lot of idiots on this board.
That is quite simply false sir! There are not a lot of us.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 28, 2013, 05:55:41 PM

Keeps him under contract as our RT, while getting a better look at our possible future LT, which may actually be a better position for him. I like the move.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 28, 2013, 05:59:30 PM

I saw 3 years @ 4.5m and thought that was per not total. At total there's no reason not to do this deal.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

gone

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 28, 2013, 07:26:20 PM

Fine deal for us and him.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 28, 2013, 08:18:37 PM

I saw 3 years @ 4.5m and thought that was per not total. At total there's no reason not to do this deal.

Considering  Trueblood  was making around $4.5 mil per year.....this is a steal.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 28, 2013, 08:22:47 PM

I sincerely hope we don't reach and grab Wagner in round 2. I would have to falcon punch one of Beatles' birds.
Are you sure I can't convince you to punch one regardless? :P

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 28, 2013, 08:25:07 PM

I got it at 4 year, $7.5M ...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5534/demar-dotson

Hoist the Battleflag

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 28, 2013, 08:44:58 PM

Good job Bucko40 ! Nice job finding this. I was working on it as you posted it but you scooped us.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 28, 2013, 09:52:27 PM

He was solid. He should get better. Good deal.

Agreed. He was a solid player last year. Don't know why so many feel that there is a huge need at RT. The OL was in shambles last year, but Dotson and Penn held their own on the edges and helped give Freeman the most time to throw that he has seen since taking the starting job. We will see Dotson as the RT opening day, unless one of the top 3 OTs slip to 13...which probably isn't going to happen.

Great move, IMO.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 28, 2013, 10:19:34 PM

Still a great move

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#41 : March 28, 2013, 10:25:02 PM

Yup, 3 years, 4.5 mil

Yeah the guy is better than Trueblood but seriously an extension. This guys would be a starter on half the other teams in the league. WOW.

You got a quality RT in Eric Winston on the market and you sign Dotson to an extension.

If I am correct, he is injured.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 29, 2013, 12:04:31 AM

Agreed. He was a solid player last year. Don't know why so many feel that there is a huge need at RT. The OL was in shambles last year, but Dotson and Penn held their own on the edges and helped give Freeman the most time to throw that he has seen since taking the starting job. We will see Dotson as the RT opening day, unless one of the top 3 OTs slip to 13...which probably isn't going to happen.

Great move, IMO.

And now that we'll have DAVIN back, then it's only going to get better.

;D      Yea I said it.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 29, 2013, 12:10:07 AM

Great move, IMO.

And now that we'll have Nicks back, then it's only going to get better.

;D      Yea I said it.

Fixed your typo. ;)

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 29, 2013, 12:25:31 AM

Great move, IMO.

And now that we'll have Nicks back, then it's only going to get better.

;D      Yea I said it.

Fixed your typo. ;)

Thank you... Him too
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Demer Dotson gets 3 year extension? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools