Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Antoine Winfield PFFs No. 1 Cornerback? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 29, 2013, 09:33:54 PM

The Bucs aren't going to sign a CB. You might as well resign yourself to that. For better or worse the Bucs are all in on Revis. Once the Bucs use the #13th pick then the Jets lose all leverage in a trade. They would have no choice but to accept next years picks for Revis then.

My prediction is this. the Bucs are going to trade up with Cleveland IF Dee Milliner gets past Detroit at #5. The Bucs will swap #1's and send the Browns a 3rd and and 4th. Then the Bucs are going to consummate the Revis deal.

I like it.  Come out of the draft with Milliner and Revis, we would be set for years in the secondary.  Use the rest of the picks for D-line, depth at other positions.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 29, 2013, 09:58:01 PM

As far as Winfield goes, a little long in the tooth for my liking.  Ya he had a nice 2012 season.  But as someone mentioned already, a guy his age could fall off the cliff at any moment.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 29, 2013, 11:37:32 PM

If we're going with a 1st round corner I would expect Trufant to be the pick at no.13. 

Regardless of what Stephen Holder is reporting,  I would be relatively shocked if we went CB in the 1st round. That would be a sign of desperation. Unless all the great DLinemen are gone already.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Jutt

Starter
#33 : March 29, 2013, 11:43:12 PM

If we're going with a 1st round corner I would expect Trufant to be the pick at no.13. 

Regardless of what Stephen Holder is reporting,  I would be relatively shocked if we went CB in the 1st round. That would be a sign of desperation. Unless all the great DLinemen are gone already.

Well yeah, i mean in case you havent noticed our CB situation is pretty desperate man

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 29, 2013, 11:47:07 PM

I would be relatively shocked if we went CB in the 1st round. That would be a sign of desperation. Unless all the great DLinemen are gone already.

by 13 are there really great DL left?  do they really have higher ceilings than the CB's?  its what's between the ears that will make most of these guys great or not...and most fans arent at liberty to judge that effectively.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Antoine Winfield PFFs No. 1 Cornerback? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools