Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have top-15 offense. It has top 10-12 upside. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 29, 2013, 12:19:31 AM

22nd Best Starting Lineup

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

QB: Josh Freeman
RB: Doug Martin
FB: Erik Lorig
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Mike Williams
TE: Luke Stocker
LT: Donald Penn
LG: Carl Nicks
C: Jeremy Zuttah
RG: Davin Joseph
RT: Demar Dotson

Offensive Overview: The jury remains out on Freeman, whose 2012 stats are misleading. He was managed and manipulated well by first-year coordinator Mike Sullivan, but Freeman's accuracy in the short to intermediate passing game is among the poorest in football. Freeman also struggles mightily with bodies around him. Tampa Bay still possesses elements of a big-play offense with Martin as the "sustainer" back behind a line that returns mauling guards Nicks and Joseph at full strength. Conservatively, this is a top-15 offense. It has top 10-12 upside.

LE: Da'Quan Bowers
RE: Adrian Clayborn
DT: Gerald McCoy
DT: Gary Gibson
MLB: Mason Foster
WLB: Lavonte David
SLB: Jonathan Casillas*
RCB: Eric Wright
LCB: Leonard Johnson
FS: Dashon Goldson*
SS: Mark Barron

Defensive Overview: The 2012 Bucs played explosive, if inconsistent offense and stuffed the run on defense. But the NFL is an increasingly pass-first league, and they had no prayer of halting opposing passing attacks. While the Goldson signing helps, Tampa Bay remains needy at both cornerback positions and must acquire at least one defensive end capable of sacking the quarterback. Clayborn's effectiveness is a mystery coming off a torn ACL, and Bowers has 4 1/2 sacks through 26 career games. If the Bucs acquire Darrelle Revis, they'll skyrocket up this list. GM Mark Dominik has eight draft picks to dangle.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42824/59/pre-draft-nfl-lineup-rankings

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 29, 2013, 12:53:38 AM

when Freeman throws for 35 TDs next year I'll love to hear why his stats are misleading

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 29, 2013, 02:23:52 AM

Win games and stop making excuses.
He's too young. He has no weapons. The defense stinks. No protection.
Win games or get out.

In Verner We Trust

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 29, 2013, 05:31:00 AM

Because you'll ignore that he threw 36 INTs and 20 of those TDs came against the three worst defenses in the league.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 29, 2013, 07:07:49 AM

Well, I have been a Freeman defender, but this is the year it all has to end. Like JerseyBuc said, 'Win games or get out'.

This is the no excuses year, he's old enough, he has plenty of experience, he's been in the same system for another year, he has plenty of weapons around him, the defense will be better, perhaps much better - there just are not any good excuses left.

It's time for Josh to be the consistent franchise quarterback or not, and stop with the teasing us. We need 16 games of reasonably consistent quarterback play.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 29, 2013, 07:25:11 AM

Win games and stop making excuses.
He's too young. He has no weapons. The defense stinks. No protection.
Win games or get out.

There's a difference between excuses and reasons. When the defense is #29 and blowing late leads, multiple score leads, all over the place it's a REASON why the team lost as many games as it did. When the offense puts UP 500+ yards, 4 TDs, and zero turnovers and loses, the defense is not an excuse. It's a REASON.

These things shouldn't have to be explained to people with an IQ above 1.
: March 29, 2013, 07:27:10 AM JC5100

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 29, 2013, 07:51:41 AM

Win games or get out.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 29, 2013, 08:48:07 AM

So with the 22nd ranked roster, and a top 15 output (upside of 10-12) would that mean they are overachieving?

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 29, 2013, 08:57:32 AM

Clayborn's effectiveness is a mystery coming off a torn ACL, 
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42824/59/pre-draft-nfl-lineup-rankings

And Revis' effectiveness is not a mystery?

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 29, 2013, 09:07:11 AM

when Freeman throws for 35 TDs next year I'll love to hear why his stats are misleading

Josh had 3 bad games and the defense gave way at least 4 games last year. When the OL injuries kept piling up Freeman suffered mightily. He needs to not throw so many INTs though.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 29, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Well, I have been a Freeman defender, but this is the year it all has to end. Like JerseyBuc said, 'Win games or get out'.

This is the no excuses year, he's old enough, he has plenty of experience, he's been in the same system for another year, he has plenty of weapons around him, the defense will be better, perhaps much better - there just are not any good excuses left.

It's time for Josh to be the consistent franchise quarterback or not, and stop with the teasing us. We need 16 games of reasonably consistent quarterback play.

Just saying but Josh put the Bucs in a position to go 12-4. The defense made us 7-9. No way the Bucs should of lost the Giants, Eagles, Redskins and 1st Falcons and Saints games. This is why the Bucs lack of Defensive improvements thus far have baffled me.

That is not an excuse. It's a fact.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 29, 2013, 09:27:02 AM

Just saying but Josh put the Bucs in a position to go 12-4. The defense made us 7-9. No way the Bucs should of lost the Giants, Eagles, Redskins and 1st Falcons and Saints games. This is why the Bucs lack of Defensive improvements thus far have baffled me.

That is not an excuse. It's a fact.

+100  Couldnt agree more.  Free isnt elite by any means, but was good enough for the 12-4/11-5 area we would have needed to make playoffs.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 29, 2013, 09:45:26 AM

So with the 22nd ranked roster, and a top 15 output (upside of 10-12) would that mean they are overachieving?
Nope because you are comparing the overall team ranking with the results of just the offense.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 29, 2013, 09:49:01 AM

Nope because you are comparing the overall team ranking with the results of just the offense.

This is why I dont usually post "pre-coffee".  I mis-read things. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 29, 2013, 10:21:36 AM

If Freeman would get his head out of his ass and play like hes capapble of they would easily be a top 10 offense.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have top-15 offense. It has top 10-12 upside. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools