Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have top-15 offense. It has top 10-12 upside. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 29, 2013, 10:39:16 AM

I disagree. Much like Elizabeth Hurley, I think Freeman is just done.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 29, 2013, 11:00:01 AM

What a stupid comment they have on Freeman. Believe me, I can understand a lot of the Freeman criticism and why some people want him out, but rotoworld has no idea what they're talking about. The Bucs' offense is predicated on a deep passing game and option routes/site adjustments by receivers, so how in the hell did Sullivan manage Freeman!?!? This wasn't a three step drop, ball out, WC, Gruden offense here. Rotoworld needs to do a little research before making dumb comments like that.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 29, 2013, 11:04:27 AM

If Freeman would get his head out of his ass and play like hes capapble of they would easily be a top 10 offense.

Freeman was the 9th ranked QB.
Doug was the 5th ranked RB.
As a team, the Bucs were ranked 15th in rushing.
Freeman was too streaky He needs to become more consistent. With a healthy roster and a second year of decent coaching, I believe he will.
There has to be a rotation at RB for Doug to thrive and survive.

Even with the roster we have now, this will be a top 10 offense in 2013. Top 5 if they draft Tavon Austin.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 29, 2013, 11:18:27 AM

If Freeman would get his head out of his ass and play like hes capapble of they would easily be a top 10 offense.

Freeman was the 9th ranked QB.
Doug was the 5th ranked RB.
As a team, the Bucs were ranked 15th in rushing.
Freeman was too streaky He needs to become more consistent. With a healthy roster and a second year of decent coaching, I believe he will.
There has to be a rotation at RB for Doug to thrive and survive.

Even with the roster we have now, this will be a top 10 offense in 2013. Top 5 if they draft Tavon Austin.

+100000000000

Also, on the point of coaching, another year in this scheme that is based on an option/site adjustment passing game, will be huuuuuggee. The only way to maximize this offense is REPS!!

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 29, 2013, 11:19:59 AM

Tied for 5th in yards per play.
Tied for 10th in offensive touchdowns.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 29, 2013, 11:26:49 AM

Because you'll ignore that he threw 36 INTs and 20 of those TDs came against the three worst defenses in the league.

Now how could he ignore that with you around Doc? 

Kidding and you make a fair enough point (although didn't he do fairly well against good teams?), but I guess we all just have to wait and see

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 29, 2013, 11:29:26 AM

Tied for 5th in yards per play.
Tied for 10th in offensive touchdowns.

But very inconsistent in making those stats. On the other hand, how many Ws did he turn over to the D only to have them become Ls?  Free should improve this next season and so should the D

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 29, 2013, 11:42:42 AM

A few years ago those numbers would have been reversed...

I (as always) look forward to a very good season and a spot in the playoffs this year.   

That is the bar.   EVERYONE has to do their job...

and yeah, Freeman must take the next step - this season.   And FWIW, the stars are aligning for him to do so.

I do not want to go back to looking for a franchise QB for the next 10 years.   blah.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 29, 2013, 11:47:59 AM

I (as always) look forward to a very good season and a spot in the playoffs this year.   

That is the bar.   EVERYONE has to do their job...

and yeah, Freeman must take the next step - this season.   And FWIW, the stars are aligning for him to do so.

I do not want to go back to looking for a franchise QB for the next 10 years.   blah.

+1. Right there with ya.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 29, 2013, 11:57:59 AM

If Freeman were the QB of the 05, 07 and 08 teams there would be an extra 100,000 kids named Josh in TB. Instead it's "he has to win or else he's gone" nonsense.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 29, 2013, 12:14:21 PM

Ha - print it!

nitey

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 29, 2013, 12:30:00 PM

Well, I have been a Freeman defender, but this is the year it all has to end. Like JerseyBuc said, 'Win games or get out'.

This is the no excuses year, he's old enough, he has plenty of experience, he's been in the same system for another year, he has plenty of weapons around him, the defense will be better, perhaps much better - there just are not any good excuses left.

It's time for Josh to be the consistent franchise quarterback or not, and stop with the teasing us. We need 16 games of reasonably consistent quarterback play.

Just saying but Josh put the Bucs in a position to go 12-4. The defense made us 7-9. No way the Bucs should of lost the Giants, Eagles, Redskins and 1st Falcons and Saints games. This is why the Bucs lack of Defensive improvements thus far have baffled me.

That is not an excuse. It's a fact.

Don't get me wrong. I believe that Free could have won us some more games if the defense didn't let us down. BUT, he also contributed to some losses as well. There is little reason for back to back 4 INT games (and I actually blame the coaching for that as much or more than Freeman). He also misses on throws that by now shouldn't be all that hard for him and he fumbles the ball a bit too much for my liking.

However, I really believe in Sullivan as a coach. He has a better picture of Freeman's strengths and weaknesses this time around. I've no doubt he'll get more out of Freeman this season and if we can see as much improvement from 2012 to 2013 as we saw from 2011 to 2012, then Freeman should be good enough if everyone else does their job.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 29, 2013, 01:13:59 PM

Spin, spin, spin...it all comes down to W/L.  If Josh doesn't LEAD us to the playoffs this season, he's gone.  No doubt about it.  All the other stuff is pure garbage.  Win or you are replaced.  It is the nature of the beast.  Five years and no playoffs=you're fired.  There's nothing much to say after that, is there?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 29, 2013, 01:31:46 PM

Spin, spin, spin...it all comes down to W/L.  If Josh doesn't LEAD us to the playoffs this season, he's gone.  No doubt about it.  All the other stuff is pure garbage.  Win or you are replaced.  It is the nature of the beast.  Five years and no playoffs=you're fired.  There's nothing much to say after that, is there?
BRING BACK SHAUN KING!!!!! HE KNEW HOW TO WIN!!!!!!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 29, 2013, 01:34:12 PM

Ha - print it!

Its true. He limited the offense. But hes capable of making it go and play well too. Weve seen it. Just not consistently. Im hoping it gets better with more time in the system and continuity. We will find out.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have top-15 offense. It has top 10-12 upside. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools