Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keep Wrighteous or let him roll? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

blind melon

Hall of Famer

: March 29, 2013, 09:37:04 AM

Lots of discussion about Wright -  appears to be somewhat polarizing...

As a fan - what do you think?

Bucs Media staff - take note.

:)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#1 : March 29, 2013, 09:42:37 AM

I would like to see the results now, and then after the draft.  From a merely numbers game, I don't think we have an option to cut him right now. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 29, 2013, 09:43:09 AM

He's a baby talib.

The very minute that I heard we could save money by releasing him, he would have been gone if I were GM.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 29, 2013, 09:52:57 AM

Redo his contract and keep him.

Revis or no Revis, we need Wright regardless.  He's better than any other CBs available right now and yea there is the draft coming up, but we all know there are no guarantees when it comes to the draft.

At a reduced rate he is well worth keeping.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 29, 2013, 09:53:44 AM

Right now at this very time, I would keep him...but man things change pretty quick in the NFL, like the draft and trades :)

You must be accountable for your actions!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 29, 2013, 10:00:56 AM

Redo his contract and keep him.

Revis or no Revis, we need Wright regardless.  He's better than any other CBs available right now and yea there is the draft coming up, but we all know there are no guarantees when it comes to the draft.

At a reduced rate he is well worth keeping.

I would argue that scrabble and hall are both better overall than wright. He's weak at tackling and gets burned a lot. So what's the point?

Besides, if you cut the bum earlier and get active with FA quicker, that's a non issue.

Also, do you really want a pillpopping idiot who shares his pills with teamates? I sure don't want to relive the talib days through wright's eyes.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 29, 2013, 10:05:23 AM

I think you're off the mark about his tackling skills.   Almost certain I saw some stats somewhere that he was an above average tackler.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 29, 2013, 10:09:35 AM

I think the plan all along was to keep Wright, by ignoring all the FAs on the market it will eventually put us in a situation where keeping him actually looks attractive, then it can be spun that instead of being a 1 year bust signing he was a guy that stuck with the team for a few seasons.
For as much of a turd he is as a person and as bad as he is as a starter I still wouldn't mind seeing him take a pay vut and return as a depth guy because the situation has gotten to that point.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 29, 2013, 10:11:55 AM

Keep.. Assuming we get Revis, at best Wright would be stop gap #2 until next year or He'll be our 3rd best corner if we draft a rookie.. That's not a bad thing. We pretty much have all the leverage here. He could play at his current contract and we let him walk whenever we want or he could renegotiate for a lower number but for a guaranteed deal.

Dom was smart to go after his guaranteed deal.

Keep him.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 29, 2013, 10:19:08 AM

He had 34 tackles in ten games on a defense that was predicated around stopping the run.

Incidently he only has one int on his record last season, and that was the TD.

Goodness gracious, even Leonard had 41 tackles, three ints, a td, and one ff.

If he's talented just enough to keep him, that's fine, but to add to average, he's an idiot. No thank you.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 29, 2013, 10:21:11 AM

we dont have a choice right now because we didnt even try to find a corner in FA. keep him and cut his salary in half

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 29, 2013, 10:32:44 AM

I was more referring to the quality of his tackles (from those stats) than the number of them.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 29, 2013, 10:34:53 AM

Yeah, they'll keep him.  With the cap room they have, they don't even need to redo his contract... but they will.

My logo is bigger than your logo

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 29, 2013, 10:35:02 AM

Dump him. The Wright Supporters are Wrong. He is terrible, and I am not sure what the hell they are watching.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 29, 2013, 11:01:29 AM

I think the plan all along was to keep Wright, by ignoring all the FAs on the market it will eventually put us in a situation where keeping him actually looks attractive, then it can be spun...

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keep Wrighteous or let him roll? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools