Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnny Manziel Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 243

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : March 30, 2013, 12:24:37 AM »

Johnny Manziel a Buccaneer?

Mar 29 2013, 1:07

Johnny Manziel can go into the draft next year. Imagine if Freeman struggles another season and we get a early draft pick, If Manziel was up we would have a chance to have a Freshman who won the Heisman with a great O-line, stellar WR's and a young D. Or we can use the safe option and get McCarron, so many QB's in next years draft that I kind of hope Freeman has a bad season.

Comments...

He has only slightly better mechanics than Tebow .

Would rather have Boyd or Bridgewater

I understand the concern for mechanics, but Talent/Winning trump looks, IMO.

I wouldn’t drafting the biggest, ugliest, meanest guys..

Look at the Ravens back in 200?, they drafted Suggs after the top 10, because he ran a slow 40.

He was a top 10 talent, and fell to the Ravens outside the Top 10.

Dominick needs to engrave backwards on his forehead: “What would Ozzie Newsome do?”- Dominick could read it every day getting ready for work (whenever he looks into a mirror).

Bad mechanics have nothing to do with 40 time, mechanics are a fundamental to a good QB.

Otherwise, you’ll be stuck in Tebow Purgatory. Winning means nothing in college as compared to the NFL

Not feeling Johnny Football as a Buc

Manziel has a **CENSORED**load of talent. But the kid needs a coach who can think outside the box and isn’t traditional in their approach to the game. The reason I’m not feeling Manziel as a starter is because I doubt most NFL teams would give the kid an honest shot due to his style of play and size. Manziel physically reminds me of Micheal Vick Lite( I’m talking bout the college Mike Vick) with his running ability, ability to improvise and his stature. He seems like a willing passer and has an servicable ball but I think the critics will pick this dude to pieces. Maybe another good season will quell his critics. Cam Newton had a season similar to Johnny Football the year he won the Heisman and you saw all the hate he got despite having better passing numbers and quality wins than the likes of Andrew Luck and Blaine Gabbert and outrushing almost every running back in division 1.

Maybe Jerry Jones would make a run at him. Ppl in Texas would eat that up.

"so many QB's in the draft next year I hope Freeman has a bad season"

This is a terrible way to think. Most of the anti-Freeman people here criticize him, but at very least hope he can turn it around. We all do not want to **CENSORED** around in another 4-12 season just so we can draft the lovechild of Tim Tebow and Michael Vick.

"...the love child of Tim Tebow and Michael Vick." You might get some ramifications with that one. Good one though.

I’m thinking Free is going to have his best year so far this season. Just a hunch [no pun intended]. If he just takes on facet of his game and really works on it this offseason, then this next season should be even better. I’d pick mechanics and the accuracy would follow. Let the consistency follow on getting his mechanics down pat. He really does have a high ceiling.

Who knows?

I wouldn’t mind Jadaveon Clowney on the team.

As a Buckeye fan, the hit on the poor Michigan RB registered a 4.7 on the Richter scale at the Big House in Anne Arbor.

ALSO

if we get Revis it wont matter we wont have a pick anyways

That would be the safest bet.

Take the question out of drafting a player in the 1st and 2nd round, and get Revis.

This would give our scouting team an idea of what to look for, and we could trade down as much as possible this year (hopefully acquiring 2014 picks to soften the blow).

The smart play would be: do nothing in FA to CB, and pony up the picks for Revis.

We would have time (a whole season and a half) to prepare for the lack of picks.

He has the size and mechanics, but

I just get nervous with big school QBs. Teams like Alabama, LSU, USC, etc. that constantly have top teams, but hardly produce great QBs in the NFL. I just think it is harder to gauge players in the NFL due to the superior recruiting of top schools. Most of the time the big school QBs have off the chart numbers, but flop in the NFL. While some smaller school QBs that may not have the same offensive talent or stats succeed.

I think when teams evaluate these guys, it will come down to what offense they played in, and what there football knowledge is. For example a guy like Vince Young, who was a great college QB and a first round selection, but wasn’t there mentally and lacked the maturity you need as a NFL QB

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/3/29/4159706/johnny-manziel-a-buccaneer
« : February 26, 2014, 03:45:20 PM 3rd String Kicker »

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 30, 2013, 03:00:11 AM »

Well most likely we won't have a first round pick next year.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 30, 2013, 05:08:32 AM »

I knew the java ban was bogus. I was really hopjng to give my money to PR too.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

danlowe748

Starter

« #3 : March 30, 2013, 06:51:18 AM »

The Bucs need to do whatever it takes to get Johnny Football.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #4 : March 30, 2013, 09:25:49 AM »

This will be a moot point if the Bucs trade next years 1st and second round for Darrelle Revis. If the Bucs do deal for Revis, then finish the 2013 season with a top 10 selection in next years draft, will will have screwed the pooch for making the Revis deal in the first place.

lowlife

Starter
« #5 : March 30, 2013, 12:39:40 PM »

I'll give it to the kid that he can deliver a pretty accurate ball from the most awkward launch points. Oh and obviously his ability in space.

I just don't know if it'll translate to a consistently good football player in the pros.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 30, 2013, 02:19:35 PM »

no thanks. i have no faith in this kid panning out in the NFL. plus hes starting to let the heisman thing go to his head. hes pushing coaches now and avoiding the public. i bet he has a slump next year

N-Y

Rookie

« #7 : March 30, 2013, 02:56:08 PM »

im hoping Barkley falls to second round and we get him...

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 30, 2013, 03:06:34 PM »

im hoping Barkley falls to second round and we get him...

Barkley is another overrated and terrible USC QB. What we need is starting players to put this team BACK in the playoffs.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #9 : March 30, 2013, 04:38:16 PM »

This will be a moot point if the Bucs trade next years 1st and second round for Darrelle Revis. If the Bucs do deal for Revis, then finish the 2013 season with a top 10 selection in next years draft, will will have screwed the pooch for making the Revis deal in the first place.

It's not possible for a playoff team to have a top 10 selection. With or without Revis, the Bucs will be in the playoffs.

danlowe748

Starter

« #10 : March 30, 2013, 05:32:50 PM »

the Bucs will be in the playoffs.

Let's see.   The Bucs lost 5 of their last 6 games (that Schiano system was really kicking into gear wasn't it?), they have lost more free agents than they have signed, this year's draft class is one of the weakest in history, they finished LAST in the NFC south last year.    Yeah, that sounds like a good bet to make the playoffs.   

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #11 : March 30, 2013, 05:35:52 PM »

...they have lost more free agents than they have signed...

Standard Java lie.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #12 : March 30, 2013, 05:44:34 PM »

With or without Revis, the Bucs will be in the playoffs.

Let's hope the blind squirrel finds a nut.

In 2009:

I believe they won't reach the SB, but they will be competitive enough to reach the playoffs.

Final Record: 3-13

In 2011:

I truly believe Raheem will never go 3 years in a row without making the playoffs. The Bucs will win playoff games too, not just get there and lose.

The Bucs will be in the playoffs this season because of the leadership on and off the field. They will be competitive year after year. The roller coaster ride is over for the Bucs.

Final Record:  4-12

Keep yanking stuff out of that anal canal of yours, chief.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 30, 2013, 10:10:32 PM »

Getting ahead of the game are we?  How about we see how #5 performs this season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 31, 2013, 01:10:25 AM »

If freeman stinks it up, I would be more than happy with manziel at qB. The kid is going to be good at the next level despite the critics.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 243
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnny Manziel Thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools