Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Double up on WRs. No QB. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 06, 2014, 09:59:11 AM

Trading back would be ideal for this scenario. We would most likely be able to take Beckham, then Jordan Mathews, then possibly Aaron Murray. Now that would be sweet draft to me.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 06, 2014, 09:59:50 AM

the Cardinals pick 20 this year and went 10-6.  we aint going 10-6 or better.

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#32 : May 06, 2014, 10:05:07 AM

Let's start the double dip with a clone of the only known starting WR this team currently has...pass

SIS
This is where I currently stand. I think Evans can play but I have multiple issues with him. First, he doesn't have much of a repertoire of routes.... And 2nd, I don't see how he even remotely fits "speed in space?!?" ??? Maybe Tedford will adjust his scheme for a guy like Evans but I feel like all these mocks with Evans going to us is lazy reporting. They see a hole and put him there, they figure it'll help McCown out and give him two big WRs like he had in Chicago.
Sorry but we aren't building an offense around a band aid qb like McCown, I think ignoring WR in round 1 or trading back for OBJ/Cooks is more likely. If they take Evans I'll be perfectly happy because I like his ability, but I think it's a long shot given his lack of "speed in space".

Not living, just killing time.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 06, 2014, 10:09:00 AM

Let's start the double dip with a clone of the only known starting WR this team currently has...pass

SIS
This is where I currently stand. I think Evans can play but I have multiple issues with him. First, he doesn't have much of a repertoire of routes.... And 2nd, I don't see how he even remotely fits "speed in space?!?" ??? Maybe Tedford will adjust his scheme for a guy like Evans but I feel like all these mocks with Evans going to us is lazy reporting. They see a hole and put him there, they figure it'll help McCown out and give him two big WRs like he had in Chicago.
Sorry but we aren't building an offense around a band aid qb like McCown, I think ignoring WR in round 1 or trading back for OBJ/Cooks is more likely. If they take Evans I'll be perfectly happy because I like his ability, but I think it's a long shot given his lack of "speed in space".
He lacks the speed in space concept and there are better fits with Vjax, but Evans could just be dominant one on one even against NFL corners. He would also be the best guy to have once Vjax is gone. So i could see them taking Evans because of how good is he, or passing on him because they want a better fit. 2 more days...

freddy

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 06, 2014, 10:12:04 AM

If they're picking in the 20's next draft... that's a lot of meaningless wins.

So, draft position 21 trough 32 means the team made the playoffs the previous year.  Since when is making the playoffs a waste? I guess it-s 19-0 or everything is a waste right?

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 06, 2014, 10:15:00 AM

Playoffs?

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 06, 2014, 10:16:12 AM

like I said, teens is a more realistic expectation.

NYC Bucs Fan

Starter

#37 : May 06, 2014, 10:23:51 AM

Playoffs?

ARich80

Second String

#38 : May 09, 2014, 06:27:36 PM

1 down. 1 to go. Trade back 4-7 spots, pick up a 4th rounder & grab another WR.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 09, 2014, 06:36:05 PM

If we draft Amero, lee, or moncrief, I'm gonna hump something.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#40 : May 09, 2014, 06:44:44 PM

I would rather us draft a TE.  Either Amero or Jenkins.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Double up on WRs. No QB. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools