Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnny Manziel Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 243

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 31, 2013, 10:30:46 AM

With or without Revis, the Bucs will be in the playoffs.

Let's hope the blind squirrel finds a nut.

In 2009:

I believe they won't reach the SB, but they will be competitive enough to reach the playoffs.

Final Record: 3-13

In 2011:

I truly believe Raheem will never go 3 years in a row without making the playoffs. The Bucs will win playoff games too, not just get there and lose.

The Bucs will be in the playoffs this season because of the leadership on and off the field. They will be competitive year after year. The roller coaster ride is over for the Bucs.

Final Record:  4-12

Keep yanking stuff out of that anal canal of yours, chief.
Haha

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 31, 2013, 02:16:07 PM

I don't think the bucs make playoffs until they have one of two things happen..

A coach with a ton of experiance, or schiano learns very quickly.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 31, 2013, 02:43:00 PM

I don't think the bucs make playoffs until they have one of two things happen..

A coach with a ton of experiance, or schiano learns very quickly.

The coaching is fine. It's the defensive lack of talent and Freeman's late season collapse. A healthy Revis (or a talented rookie), a decent corner and a pass rush and we're in!

danlowe748

Starter

#18 : March 31, 2013, 03:22:09 PM

You want to know how the Bucs get into the playoffs?    Get Johnny Manziel on the roster as their starting QB.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 31, 2013, 03:24:37 PM

This will be a moot point if the Bucs trade next years 1st and second round for Darrelle Revis. If the Bucs do deal for Revis, then finish the 2013 season with a top 10 selection in next years draft, will will have screwed the pooch for making the Revis deal in the first place.

It's not possible for a playoff team to have a top 10 selection. With or without Revis, the Bucs will be in the playoffs.

Not without improvements on the defense.

danlowe748

Starter

#20 : March 31, 2013, 03:48:05 PM

There's no need to improve the defense if they have Manziel.   He can win games.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 31, 2013, 09:09:08 PM

I'm going to watch Johnny Football games next year.  He's a lot of fun to watch and a relief from pro ball.  I want to find out how tall he is.  He has a good arm but I don't want to see him in nfl with ball getting batted down.  He needs some more players around him.  One thing tho is awesome is the way the team forms a convoy around him....that is very interesting.  Wonder if that can be adapted to NFL?  Sure is powerful to see.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 31, 2013, 09:40:29 PM

I'm going to watch Johnny Football games next year.  He's a lot of fun to watch and a relief from pro ball.  I want to find out how tall he is.  He has a good arm but I don't want to see him in nfl with ball getting batted down.  He needs some more players around him.  One thing tho is awesome is the way the team forms a convoy around him....that is very interesting.  Wonder if that can be adapted to NFL?  Sure is powerful to see.

6-1    200

Not the biggest guy, but not small either.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 31, 2013, 10:33:35 PM

In 2009:

I believe they won't reach the SB, but they will be competitive enough to reach the playoffs.

In 2011:

I truly believe Raheem will never go 3 years in a row without making the playoffs. The Bucs will win playoff games too, not just get there and lose.

The Bucs will be in the playoffs this season because of the leadership on and off the field. They will be competitive year after year. The roller coaster ride is over for the Bucs.

Dammit man!!!!

On another note, i'm always amazed that people remember what people posted years ago.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

danlowe748

Starter

#24 : April 01, 2013, 01:40:30 AM

In 2009:

In 2011:

Haha

Sparky may not ever be right, but he's an optimist.   Have to give him credit for that.   Being optimistic makes it more enjoyable to be fan (even if it does improperly cause the Glazers' pockets to be lined with money without them having to produce a winner).   Guys like sparky help allow guys like Raheem and Freeman to stay around longer than they should.   

m_j

Starter

#25 : April 01, 2013, 08:52:14 AM

this is as simple as it can be:
johnny football will declare for draft if he plays anything near to decent season and team to draft him will have to pick pretty early in the  draft!

so lets watch a&m this season and evaluate him. they have pretty easy schedule knowing they play SEC but big games will show if last year was accidental or emerge of next big QB

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 25, 2013, 12:12:47 AM

My brain and my gut are screaming NO!!!! but I can't help it. I've caved. I'm a fan. The kid is exciting and I know it's a risky pick, but I really think he could be just what Tampa needs to get the fan base back on board and get this franchise back in the national media in a positive way. I don't think the guy is nearly as bad as many make him out to be. The more interviews and post games I watch, the more I see a kid that I like. To me, he could be a Jeff Garcia type player....which is a good thing imo. But I think what's bigger than that is charismatic face of the franchise that we'd get. There will be drama and there will be haters and negative press...but dammit this is suppose to be entertainment and I want to be entertained! Mark me down for for Manziel.

On a related note, Manziels #1 WR is Mike Evans. He is listed as 6'6" 230lbs. If that is his true size.....I say we draft him in the 2nd round and make him out Tight End. That would be a huge security blanket for Manziel and fill a huge hole in our roster. There are other TEs in this upcoming draft that I really like....but Evans might make the most sense if we get Johnny Football.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#27 : September 25, 2013, 12:26:37 AM

Lol this thread has some good stuff in it

youngone

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 25, 2013, 12:29:44 AM

Lol

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#29 : September 25, 2013, 02:24:56 AM

My brain and my gut are screaming NO!!!! but I can't help it. I've caved. I'm a fan. The kid is exciting and I know it's a risky pick, but I really think he could be just what Tampa needs to get the fan base back on board and get this franchise back in the national media in a positive way. I don't think the guy is nearly as bad as many make him out to be. The more interviews and post games I watch, the more I see a kid that I like. To me, he could be a Jeff Garcia type player....which is a good thing imo. But I think what's bigger than that is charismatic face of the franchise that we'd get. There will be drama and there will be haters and negative press...but dammit this is suppose to be entertainment and I want to be entertained! Mark me down for for Manziel.

On a related note, Manziels #1 WR is Mike Evans. He is listed as 6'6" 230lbs. If that is his true size.....I say we draft him in the 2nd round and make him out Tight End. That would be a huge security blanket for Manziel and fill a huge hole in our roster. There are other TEs in this upcoming draft that I really like....but Evans might make the most sense if we get Johnny Football.
I agree.  As much as I want to write this guy off as a punk, he's grown on me.  The whole autograph thing is dumb, but missing the Manning camp was a concern.  My other concern would be how quickly he is able to digest a playbook.  He's without a doubt one of the best improvisational players I've ever seen, but does he have the mental acumen to learn a playbook and make pre snap adjustments based on what the defense shows?

As far as Evans, I have two concerns with your plan.  Is he physical enough to be a TE, or could he be our #3 WR?  I also think he may end up being a 1st rounder, which would mean we'd have to trade up.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 243
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnny Manziel Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools