Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnny Manziel Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 243

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 25, 2013, 03:20:39 AM

Can we get a list of punks who have had good nfl careers? Thinking Randy Moss, Jim McMahon..... Anybody else?

In Verner We Trust

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 25, 2013, 03:27:04 AM

Can we get a list of punks who have had good nfl careers? Thinking Randy Moss, Jim McMahon..... Anybody else?

Burfict and Mike Williams

Sig change requested by \"threadkiller\". I delivered with the most disturbing thing I came across on the college boards x)

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#32 : September 25, 2013, 03:31:18 AM

T.O., Pacman, Gronk, Ray Lewis are a few more that come to mind.  What matters is what kind of punk is he?  Is he a criminal, or is it just a maturity issue.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 25, 2013, 06:20:09 AM

Ray lewis is a maturity issue? Idk man. Guy seems nuts.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#34 : September 25, 2013, 06:27:33 AM

No, he'd fall into the criminal section.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 25, 2013, 06:37:30 AM

No, he'd fall into the criminal section.

Yup.

When he's out playing with kids, I worry.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 25, 2013, 07:50:20 AM

The thing is, it is not fact that Manziel is a punk. It has become a fad for the media to crucify anything and everything they can when it comes to Johnny, but if you really do your research and make your own opinion without buying into all the spin....he's a good kid, leader, and teammate.

He is enjoying his life as a 20 year old rock star. This offseason he was seen with just about every celebrity on the planet and went to a lot of NBA games and parties....but that doesn't make him a punk. It's called enjoying your life. He might need to learn to have better control and realize he has to make more sacrifices because of his position, but I believe he is maturing everyday and at his core he is a good person with a good head on his shoulders.

What has he really done that makes him so bad? Haters gonna hate.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#37 : September 25, 2013, 07:53:13 AM

Sandlot football QB.  Also, based on his off the field immaturity, will he have the self-discipline to do what it takes to lead a team like Drew Brees, Aaron Rogers, Peyton Manning? It takes more than just flinging the ball - being able to break down film, studying defenses, handle adversity.....why would you think this guy has all of that? How has demonstrated that?  He's a punk.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 25, 2013, 07:55:54 AM

You are calling someone else a punk? Hilarious.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#39 : September 25, 2013, 07:58:49 AM

The thing is, it is not fact that Manziel is a punk.

You are calling someone else a punk? Hilarious.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 25, 2013, 08:03:40 AM

The thing is, it is not fact that Manziel is a punk. It has become a fad for the media to crucify anything and everything they can when it comes to Johnny, but if you really do your research and make your own opinion without buying into all the spin....he's a good kid, leader, and teammate.

He is enjoying his life as a 20 year old rock star. This offseason he was seen with just about every celebrity on the planet and went to a lot of NBA games and parties....but that doesn't make him a punk. It's called enjoying your life. He might need to learn to have better control and realize he has to make more sacrifices because of his position, but I believe he is maturing everyday and at his core he is a good person with a good head on his shoulders.

I wouldn't complain if we got him. Risky though.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 25, 2013, 08:13:49 AM

Pretty cool video if you have about 20 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsJJSEDISbo

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#42 : September 25, 2013, 08:18:38 AM

True, I think he should have honored his responsibility at the Manning camp, but who am I to judge.  The other concern is his size.  Not necessarily his height, but his build.  Is he going to be able to take a hit from Patrick Willis and pop back up like he does in college? 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 25, 2013, 08:31:45 AM

He reminds me of Jeff Garcia in play style and size.....and Garcia was one of the toughest sonb!tches to ever play QB in the NFL. Johnny seems pretty tough to me. I agree it is a concern though, and like any other mobile QB, you have to have a solid back up because injuries are more likely.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#44 : September 25, 2013, 08:36:26 AM

I could be imagining it, but I remember Garcia being more muscular than Johnny.  Don't get me wrong, I'd be excited if he were wearing red and pewter next season.  He'd be a ton of fun to watch (if the Glazers got a coaching staff to take advantage of his skills.)  I just hope he's working on his sliding.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 243
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnny Manziel Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools