Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnny Manziel Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 243

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#60 : September 25, 2013, 09:37:27 AM

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#61 : September 25, 2013, 09:56:26 AM

Not a fan of Duck Dynasty.

But Manziel is a beast.

zsmith22

Starter

#62 : September 25, 2013, 07:07:45 PM

Schiano doesn't have the sack to draft Manziel, but hopefully he won't be here next year. Johnny would be great in Tampa

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#63 : September 25, 2013, 08:20:42 PM

Not a fan of Duck Dynasty.

But Manziel is a beast.

Same here on both counts.

Johnny is looking better all the time, especially if Glennon fails big time.  I think its going to play out just right, the Bucs will be picking 5-15 range, and Bridgewater and few other QB's will be gone, but Johnny will be available.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#64 : September 25, 2013, 08:23:53 PM

This team has a 3 year window open right now with the talent we have on hand. We need an existing QB which can make this system work. I hope we don't draft another rookie and rebuild again.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#65 : September 25, 2013, 08:28:21 PM

This team has a 3 year window open right now with the talent we have on hand. We need an existing QB which can make this system work. I hope we don't draft another rookie and rebuild again.

That is true, guys like Vincent, and Revis, want to win NOW. But I don't know any QB that will be available in free agency that would give us a chance to win right away.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#66 : September 25, 2013, 08:31:08 PM

That is true, guys like Vincent, and Revis, want to win NOW. But I don't know any QB that will be available in free agency that would give us a chance to win right away.

If we did this right we could dump Bust Bowers, draft Clowney, sign Rivers and Gates and end up a lot stronger on both sides of the ball.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#67 : September 25, 2013, 08:32:52 PM

Manziel makes me giddy.

But I cannot think that S and Johnny are anything less than oil and water. Nazis and Jews. Boid and losers. Ya mean?

And I worry that S wouldn't take a QB regardless of Glennons performance. Sad sad sad.

We will see. I hate that we are done already. It makes me so damned angry that these basic concepts about the team that we peon fans observed as problematic didn't get addressed with some relatively cheap moves. Letting MB go was lame. Not bringing in a solo vet backup years ago. Etc.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#68 : September 25, 2013, 08:37:28 PM

If we did this right we could dump Bust Bowers, draft Clowney, sign Rivers and Gates and end up a lot stronger on both sides of the ball.

I like Rivers, but he has had almost as many up and down years as Freeman has.  When he is on, there are not many better QB's in the league.  This latest resurgence is due to Mike McCoy taking that HC job. He is a great QB guy, he is the one who made Tebow look respectable in Denver.   So unless Rivers and McCoy as part of a packaged deal, I wouldn't count on Rivers playing as well as he is now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#69 : September 25, 2013, 08:39:37 PM

Rivers is UFA this year and is looking for his last paycheck and a ring. He has no receivers of any quality, no OL, and Ryan Matthews is vastly over rated. Bring him here with our line, Sullivan's offensive attack, and some TE's and this team would roll. On the DL Clowney is a 1000% upgrade over Bowers. Heck, Clowney in traction is a 1000% upgrade over Bowers.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#70 : September 25, 2013, 08:41:06 PM

Manziel makes me giddy.

But I cannot think that S and Johnny are anything less than oil and water. Nazis and Jews. Boid and losers. Ya mean?

And I worry that S wouldn't take a QB regardless of Glennons performance. Sad sad sad.

We will see. I hate that we are done already. It makes me so damned angry that these basic concepts about the team that we peon fans observed as problematic didn't get addressed with some relatively cheap moves. Letting MB go was lame. Not bringing in a solo vet backup years ago. Etc.

Very true B-man.  Its hard to imagine Johnny and Schiano hitting it off.  But Orvolskey and Freeman will be gone next season, so maybe Schiano and Dom draft Johnny and let him compete with Glennon in training camp. And may the best man win.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#71 : September 25, 2013, 08:44:23 PM

Rivers is UFA this year and is looking for his last paycheck and a ring. He has no receivers of any quality, no OL, and Ryan Matthews is vastly over rated. Bring him here with our line, Sullivan's offensive attack, and some TE's and this team would roll. On the DL Clowney is a 1000% upgrade over Bowers. Heck, Clowney in traction is a 1000% upgrade over Bowers.

There is another guy that may not be here next season.  You would have to think they are sick of waiting on Bowers to emerge.  Clowney and Adrian would be nice.  But it all depends how this QB dance pans out.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#72 : September 25, 2013, 08:53:57 PM

Go Glennon!  I hope he absolutely tears it up.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#73 : September 25, 2013, 09:42:21 PM

Alright I'm sold

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#74 : September 25, 2013, 10:24:12 PM

I can't wait to bump this thread in one year's time when we are 3-0 with Johnny at the helm!

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 243
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnny Manziel Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools