Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnny Manziel Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 243

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#90 : September 26, 2013, 04:44:32 AM

Doing what he wants without consequence?

Like what?

Party with LeBron?  Who the hell wouldn't at twenty?

Drive a nice Mercedes his father bought for him with their own hard earned cash?

Get thrown out of parties where people spat at him?

Throws a golf club because he hates losing to his dad?

Does a touchdown salute for a celebration?

Gets a ticket?  Gets caught with a fake ID?

Signs autographs!?  Child please. The NCAA is more jacked up than he is. Fact. NCAA are a bunch of greedy turds who make a killing off studs like Manziel.

Talks smack back to an opponent that is getting their azz handed to them BY HIM?!  He is twenty years old for chrissakes!  He is very very young.

Young can mean immature.

But the guy is a baller, and a winner.

Screw that his game doesn't translate. WTF does that even mean

He has amazing pocket mobility, he can make any throw, and despite his size he has enormous hands that can grip a ball in inclement weather. He is rather accurate. Has some zip on his passes. Can chuck it reasonably well. He is frenetic scrambler.

He has a big mouth. He has a good football IQ.

So he hated the manning camp. Big whoop. Those guys are set already, and used him to boost their camp. Those dudes are boring. He lost interest in listening to their monotone drone. He is **CENSORED**y, sure. But the dude plays football.

If he busts he busts. Teddy could bust as well. Hell, AJ MaC might be the best QB in that group. Never know.

But based on what I see, not what I hear, the guy is ridiculously good.
My thoughts exactly Boid. Woud welcome Johnny to Tampa in a heartbeat.

All that stuff is petty.  He is just a kid, maybe a rich spoiled kid, but that is not against the law.  After Freeman, I would like to see a QB with a little fire to him.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#91 : September 26, 2013, 05:33:56 AM

which current or past QB does Manziel remind you of? Favre? 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#92 : September 26, 2013, 07:54:40 AM

Fran Tarkenton.

: September 26, 2013, 07:56:26 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#93 : September 26, 2013, 08:00:46 AM

Jeff Garcia.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#94 : September 26, 2013, 08:03:22 AM

Jeff Garcia.

This

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#95 : September 26, 2013, 08:05:25 AM

Steve Young.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#96 : September 26, 2013, 10:46:42 AM

Garcia comp is legit. But he (Johnny)has a much better scrambling ability and a better arm. Garcia was a noodler.  He wasnt a vert guy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#97 : September 26, 2013, 12:10:57 PM

Garcia had a strong arm. Dude fired lasers and had lots of big deep throws to guys like TO, Antonio Bryant, and Joey Galloway .

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#98 : September 26, 2013, 12:15:32 PM

Uhhhhh... Not really. He floated a lot of balls ( ;) ) in his heyday.

I remember watching him throw to TO like twenty eight times in a game. He had a nice low trajectory pass, but a lot h
Of his deep passes were meh.

His game was accuracy and short/mid range strikes. He was a decent QB. Tough as nails.

The anti-Freeturd.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#99 : September 26, 2013, 12:17:46 PM

I would LOVE to get Johnny Heisman here. Dude is a winner and has swagger and attitude that we need from the QB position.
I think the Tarkenton & Garcia comaprisons are legit.  Garcia catches a lot of flack on this board. Most forget he was in the twilight of his career when he played for the Bucs.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#100 : September 26, 2013, 12:45:52 PM

Posted this over in the Jake Matthews thread, thinking it was a Manziel thread:

As far as Manziel is concerned, he doesn't seem to me to have near the arm that Favre had. I'm certainly not an avid college football watcher, but most of the big plays I see him make wouldn't work in the NFL. He always seems to be throwing it across the field, off balance while on the run. I don't believe that will work in the NFL. I don't like him, personally, but I do like the fire he plays with.

For people that have watched him far more than me, who would his arm compare to? It doesn't seem too strong.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#101 : September 26, 2013, 03:50:42 PM

Fran Tarkenton.

dude this is spot. on.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#102 : September 29, 2013, 05:20:10 PM

This team needs a new coach, a new scheme, and most importantly, a new direction.
Drafting a flat out playmaker like Manziel would totally change our offense. Force a spy. Open lanes for Dougie. Take one man out of the coverage.
Im aware of his downfalls ("weak" arm, **CENSORED**y) and I dont care anymore.

Draft Johnny.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#103 : September 29, 2013, 05:21:11 PM

I'll take him. But with the way this team is playing, we have a real shot at Teddy Bridgewater.

BayAreaBuc

Hall of Famer

#104 : September 29, 2013, 05:21:22 PM

Sign me up

#Mikey2Quarters
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 243
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnny Manziel Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools