Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bioshock Infinite « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: March 30, 2013, 09:14:41 PM

Anyone else here playing it? Got it, about half way, maybe 3/4, into it. So far, great game, fast, fun combat, amazing settings and art design and the story is building up towards something big.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 30, 2013, 09:41:24 PM

I would really like to play it, but I have a mediocre graphics card, and I know that  I would only play the game once, so I want it to be at the highest settings.

I would buy a new graphics card, but I'm afraid that they will become really outdated a year from now when new consoles are released.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 30, 2013, 10:44:41 PM

Just started playing today, I'm only about an hour or so in. Nice environment and the story seems like it will be decent, my only (very) minor complaint so far is the aim down sight toggle. I typically like to hold the key down when I'm aiming, not a fan of  having to hit the key again to bring the weapon back down. Not a huge deal obviously, but I play a lot of FPS games so it's something that stands out if its not the way I like it.

Started Crysis 3 a few weeks ago but for some reason it's not holding my interest.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 30, 2013, 11:44:27 PM

Just started playing today, I'm only about an hour or so in. Nice environment and the story seems like it will be decent, my only (very) minor complaint so far is the aim down sight toggle. I typically like to hold the key down when I'm aiming, not a fan of  having to hit the key again to bring the weapon back down. Not a huge deal obviously, but I play a lot of FPS games so it's something that stands out if its not the way I like it.

Started Crysis 3 a few weeks ago but for some reason it's not holding my interest.

yeah Crysis 3 was a pretty boring game, even #2 was better, and it wasn't anything memorable

the graphics are obviously great, even on medium, but everything else is just lacking

the AI is terrible for 2013 and the environment isn't very memorable

I didn't even bother to finish it despite it being a short game.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 31, 2013, 07:48:03 AM

I may burn it onto a disc for the xbox, haven't played any console game in months.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#5 : March 31, 2013, 06:17:32 PM

I would really like to play it, but I have a mediocre graphics card, and I know that  I would only play the game once, so I want it to be at the highest settings.

I would buy a new graphics card, but I'm afraid that they will become really outdated a year from now when new consoles are released.

Check the 2nd to last paragraph of this article as it may interest you.

http://techreport.com/review/24562/nvidia-geforce-gtx-650-ti-boost-graphics-card-reviewed

Seems certain ATi cards can be bought with a free copy of Bioshock and Tomb Raider. If you buy a card now you'll not be in a worse off position when the next gen console comes about, since most of those consoles tend to use fairly bog standard cards in the first place. I bought a GFx card last year for my gaming rig and every game so far released has hardly made a dent in it's capability. Certain games that can be graphically ramped up to what next gen consoles are alleged to perhaps be running also give it no problems at all.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 31, 2013, 06:54:21 PM

I was further along than I thought (game is maybe 15 hours long) but wow. Absolutely fantastic game, ending that is...well unlike any ending in a video game I've played and I'll leave it at that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 31, 2013, 08:13:55 PM

http://techreport.com/review/24562/nvidia-geforce-gtx-650-ti-boost-graphics-card-reviewed

Seems certain ATi cards can be bought with a free copy of Bioshock and Tomb Raider. If you buy a card now you'll not be in a worse off position when the next gen console comes about, since most of those consoles tend to use fairly bog standard cards in the first place. I bought a GFx card last year for my gaming rig and every game so far released has hardly made a dent in it's capability. Certain games that can be graphically ramped up to what next gen consoles are alleged to perhaps be running also give it no problems at all.

I don't know, look at games like Battlefield 4. I don't think that it will be able to run on the highest settings with current cards. Crysis 3 at its highest at 1920x1080 doesn't even run at 60 fps on any reasonable configuration available.

Consoles themselves may not be a match for PCs, but what they will do is start to increase the competition between games for best graphical performance, which hasn't happened for quite a few years.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 01, 2013, 02:45:29 PM

I was further along than I thought (game is maybe 15 hours long) but wow. Absolutely fantastic game, ending that is...well unlike any ending in a video game I've played and I'll leave it at that.

Do you need to have played any of the other Bioshocks to understand this game?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 01, 2013, 04:04:51 PM

Do you need to have played any of the other Bioshocks to understand this game?

No. There are nods to the first Bioshock but nothing that would cause you to miss anything.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 03, 2013, 01:39:31 PM

Still is in it's wrapping sitting in front of the TV...excited to start on it...just gotta finish up Dead Space 3.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 03, 2013, 05:25:02 PM

Still is in it's wrapping sitting in front of the TV...excited to start on it...just gotta finish up Dead Space 3.

That's another game I started, played for about 2 hours and didn't touch again, and I loved DS2. I guess my taste in games is changing.

What I would LOVE to see is a survival game that takes place on a deserted island. Not something like Farcry where there are factions roaming around..the standard FPS stuff, but a genuine survival game, Cast Away style. If a major developer like Bungie or Bethesda created a game like this I would buy it in a heart beat. I've searched the web and found all kinds of forums with people asking about games like this, and nobody seems to know of one that's worth a crap.

Another game that looks like it will be pretty interesting is Bungie's new project, Destiny. Here's a link if you haven't heard of it yet.

http://www.destinythegame.com/

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#12 : April 05, 2013, 04:01:51 AM

I don't know, look at games like Battlefield 4. I don't think that it will be able to run on the highest settings with current cards. Crysis 3 at its highest at 1920x1080 doesn't even run at 60 fps on any reasonable configuration available.

Consoles themselves may not be a match for PCs, but what they will do is start to increase the competition between games for best graphical performance, which hasn't happened for quite a few years.

I know what you mean about BF4 but you have to also remember that the next Gen concoles will only be taking a GFX card that is available on the market and use that. The current console market has actually been a step back for developers as they have had to scale down the games to work on the older hardware. Next gen consoles will most likely use GFX cards we see on the market now to save cost. A number of existing games have modding communities that tweak the gfx for the PC releases as the PC gfx cards can handle a lot more than we see them doing. You may well see an initial competition for gfx performance to get people to buy the console, but within in a year maybe 2 the ceiling may well have been reached for the console gfx and PC will still be the best of the lot. What I do hope for is that Devs take the time to optimise the PC version of games properly rather than giving us the same version as the console market.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#13 : April 05, 2013, 04:08:42 AM

That's another game I started, played for about 2 hours and didn't touch again, and I loved DS2. I guess my taste in games is changing.

What I would LOVE to see is a survival game that takes place on a deserted island. Not something like Farcry where there are factions roaming around..the standard FPS stuff, but a genuine survival game, Cast Away style. If a major developer like Bungie or Bethesda created a game like this I would buy it in a heart beat. I've searched the web and found all kinds of forums with people asking about games like this, and nobody seems to know of one that's worth a crap.

Another game that looks like it will be pretty interesting is Bungie's new project, Destiny. Here's a link if you haven't heard of it yet.

http://www.destinythegame.com/

DS3 has been ruined by EA, nothing new there. What was a good survival horror game has now been made into a generic run and gun with multiplayer. It fits the EA ethos of "win the COD crowd, micro transaction everyone". The trouble with a genuine survival game is that no big publisher will go near the concept. An indie dev might do, but the big publishers will only go for what will sell in the millions. Steam did have a very interesting game not long ago which was you on a deserted island with just clues around you. The indie deve who made it did a great job on it but the entire thing was only about 3 or 4 hours long. Great for an evening but that's about it.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 08, 2013, 11:39:55 PM

Just finished the game, pretty cool ending I suppose. They put some thought into it, that's for sure.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bioshock Infinite « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools