Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How many teams PAY their no. 2 WR??? (Mike Williams) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

: March 31, 2013, 11:46:52 AM

Look around the NFL, how many teams PAY their no.2 WR vs. "find a cheaper replacement".

OK, Dallas PAYS Miles Austin, but that was when they thought he was their best WR...and that's still a fluid situation, in some ways.

who else?

Can't think to very many-- and that's not good for MW.  If we Draft Tavon Austin in the 1st, then Williams' "value" goes down even more, imo.

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 31, 2013, 11:55:07 AM

VJ is in his 30s. If we pay MW he needs to become the number 1 guy before that contract expires.  Not sure if he can be the man however since he has had issues getting separated. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 31, 2013, 11:58:21 AM

And when you say pay I am assuming you are talking about number 1 free agency type of money.  $9-10 mil a year.  For 6-7 mil then no problems.  Top end number 2.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 31, 2013, 12:01:43 PM

And when you say pay I am assuming you are talking about number 1 free agency type of money.  For 6-7 mil then no problems<--huh?.  Top end number 2.

How many teams are going this route? Virtually NO ONE.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 31, 2013, 12:04:02 PM

Atlanta

Hoist the Battleflag

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 31, 2013, 12:05:29 PM

OK, there's 1 team out of 32 that's intentionally doing it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 31, 2013, 12:05:43 PM

ATL
DAL
NYG
PHI
SEA

If you count top 2 pass catchers then add NO, SF, NE as the TE is that second, or in some cases first, pass catcher.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 31, 2013, 12:06:52 PM

Miami...during this offseason.   

You must be accountable for your actions!

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 31, 2013, 12:08:23 PM

ATL
DAL-  accident, they thought Austin was their go-to guy 2 years ago
NYG - not yet
PHI - how much does Maclin make??
SEA - how much does the no.2 in Seattle make

If you count top 2 pass catchers then add NO, SF, NE as the TE is that second, or in some cases first, pass catcher.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 31, 2013, 12:10:08 PM

Maybe you need to define PAID? I'm not worried for Williams, tho'...

Hoist the Battleflag

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 31, 2013, 12:18:45 PM

ATL
DAL-  accident, they thought Austin was their go-to guy 2 years ago
NYG - not yet
PHI - how much does Maclin make??
SEA - how much does the no.2 in Seattle make

NYG, they will. Maclin makes high #2 money basically what we expect MW19 to get. Sidney Rice or Harvin, take your, pick, is the #2 in SEA.

Why would you void the idea that you pay the top 2 pass catchers? Really who cares if you pay your top 2 WR's or your top WR and top TE? They both fill the same function?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 31, 2013, 12:22:47 PM

OK, there's 1 team out of 32 that's intentionally doing it.

Are you suggesting that the other teams are unintentionally doing it?

-------------------------------------------------------

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 31, 2013, 12:26:25 PM

And when you say pay I am assuming you are talking about number 1 free agency type of money.  For 6-7 mil then no problems<--huh?.  Top end number 2.

How many teams are going this route? Virtually NO ONE.
what part dont you understand?  I think MW is worth around the $6-7 mil a year range but not $9-10 mil a year. 

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 31, 2013, 12:26:34 PM

The problem with that question is how many teams have/had a situation where their #2 is as young, talented, productive and "issue free" as Mike while also having a #1 the quality of Jax? Also what teams were in a cap position where they would realistically pay the guy?
Miami just paid what is now their starting duo but neither is as good as Mike.
I'm not saying it's a unique situation but it really doesn't happen very often.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 31, 2013, 12:28:34 PM

A lot of teams don't have a number 2 worth paying big bucks for.  Hell, many teams don't have a number one worth paying.  Problem is one of those teams might outbid us for him. 

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How many teams PAY their no. 2 WR??? (Mike Williams) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools