Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are "blackouts" going to continue in Tampa for the 2013 season? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

: April 01, 2013, 03:37:57 PM

I have a feeling the blackouts will be the same if not worse than last year for the following reasons: (I'll keep it short and sweet)

1. Practically an inactive free agency when fans anticipated the complete opposite by the front office.

2. Still having E. Wright in a Bucs uniform knowing many fans didn't like the initial signing. Not to mention our pass defense was actually worse with him and Talib starting.

3. Fans really don't know what is the direction of this team. Two years ago we were told we were building through the draft. It didn't work and we later picked up free agents. Now it appears we are going the same direction that originally didn't work minus not having Raheem.

4. We still have the same OC and DC.

5. After years of waiting on the Bucs website, it still says the message board is coming soon and they don't have the pre-game cartoons anymore (yes its a joke)

Thoughts?

rikes

Starter

#1 : April 01, 2013, 03:40:48 PM

Bring in Revis and watch the seats fill up

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 01, 2013, 03:45:37 PM

"Bring" Revis for next years 1st and 2nd and watch us go 7-9. Fans will scream bloody murder to the front office prior to the 2014 draft.

rikes

Starter

#3 : April 01, 2013, 03:51:02 PM

because you can see into the future... right?

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 01, 2013, 04:04:40 PM

Just being realistic. I don't see Revis making us a 11-5 team.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 01, 2013, 04:07:07 PM

If nothing other than the draft happens then no there will be no difference. There's no Wow player in the draft for us. I'm not even sure Revis gets butts in seats.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 01, 2013, 04:14:41 PM

Well, if they wanted to fill seats, they could have this past FA.

Osi, freeney, grimes, scrabble, Abraham, Steven jackson, and dumervil were all avalible and would've brought some fans in.

I still believe the minute the "sweet deal" is over in Tampa, the glazers will sell or leave with the team. Capstrapped teams like the falcons or broncos are still adding players and filling their stadiums, while we sit idle. That's all I really need to know. Especially since we were expected to improve...but we brought in a safety to replace the two losses at the Los. That's just spending money to shut people up, not to actually become dominate.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#7 : April 01, 2013, 04:19:00 PM

If nothing other than the draft happens then no there will be no difference. There's no Wow player in the draft for us. I'm not even sure Revis gets butts in seats.
I just don't see any scenario where people come back unless we have a superstar QB.

When the team went 10-6 and the fans still didn't come should tell you the community can't/won't go to games. It doesn't really matter than it was a weak 10-6 beating bad teams, because the majority of fans don't dig that deep.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 01, 2013, 04:22:10 PM

I don't see much of anything changing.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 01, 2013, 04:37:01 PM

Yes blackouts continue and no it's not because of any of the 5 things you listed, it's because the Tampa fans don't care about the team, are old foggies or transplants who continue to love their original team.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#10 : April 01, 2013, 05:32:44 PM

OP doesn't mention that the economy is improving (jobs, housing) in the area - that the the biggest reason, imo, that people weren't going.

swamp_bats

Starter
#11 : April 01, 2013, 05:42:24 PM

If we become a playoff team again the blackouts will go away. This fanbase will never support the Bucs if we stink on a regular basis but once upon a time RayJay was rocking. Just gotta win and compete.

danlowe748

Starter

#12 : April 01, 2013, 06:31:27 PM

I think they continue until Freeman is replaced.   

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 01, 2013, 10:37:30 PM

Did you list the OC as an issue? The one who helped the offense set franchise records? Really?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 01, 2013, 10:40:33 PM

Did you list the OC as an issue? The one who helped the offense set franchise records? Really?

Yes he sure did...   

The only thing that will fill that stadium on a regular basis is regular WINNING of games...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are "blackouts" going to continue in Tampa for the 2013 season? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools