Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are "blackouts" going to continue in Tampa for the 2013 season? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 01, 2013, 11:59:48 PM

I keep telling you guys over and over and I am dead serious:  bring in Tebow. He can have a few uses on special teams, he can be used in wildcat packages, a d he fills seats.

Dom would be wise.

It's just Myron Lewis' roster spot. No brainer.

Said it a long time ago, and it makes more sense now.

C'mon Boid.  Myron has shown he can constantly put his toes on the line. Tebow has shown me nothing. The thing about these toes on the line guys is once you find one you need to hold onto them because they are literally impossible to replace.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 02, 2013, 08:11:45 AM

Did you list the OC as an issue? The one who helped the offense set franchise records? Really?

I really believe the numbers were misleading. The offense ran a basic conservative system with very little diversity. Fortunately for us V-Jax spread the field and Martin was a man beast. Besides that what worked last year I seriously doubt will work this year. Its like the 2010 season then starting the 2011 season 4-2. Fans looked at the number alone and acted like we were going to the NFC Championship.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 02, 2013, 08:13:18 AM

There may be blackouts.   But not 1 of those reasons will have anything to do with it.   Agenda driven bias.

Botoom line. They have to win more.  Not enough hard cores in Tampa to fill up the stadium.   Must target the casuals and make it cheaper.

Jax had some great ideas,  free entry for kids under 48 inches with a paying adult,  allowed to bring in coolers (and food-bev sales went up)

Khan is an innovator.   I hope he rubs off on the Glazers a bit.  That will help put more butts in seats. 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 02, 2013, 08:13:26 AM

Well, if they wanted to fill seats, they could have this past FA.

Osi, freeney, grimes, scrabble, Abraham, Steven jackson, and dumervil were all avalible and would've brought some fans in.

I still believe the minute the "sweet deal" is over in Tampa, the glazers will sell or leave with the team. Capstrapped teams like the falcons or broncos are still adding players and filling their stadiums, while we sit idle. That's all I really need to know. Especially since we were expected to improve...but we brought in a safety to replace the two losses at the Los. That's just spending money to shut people up, not to actually become dominate.

+1

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 02, 2013, 08:15:59 AM

Yes blackouts continue and no it's not because of any of the 5 things you listed, it's because the Tampa fans don't care about the team, are old foggies or transplants who continue to love their original team.

Its amazing how I hear about fans not liking the team more than how much the Glazers put into this team to make it better. Sports have to be the only product on the planet where customers are expected to pay for a mediocore product.

danlowe748

Starter

#35 : April 02, 2013, 08:46:42 AM

C'mon Boid.  Myron has shown he can constantly put his toes on the line. The thing about these toes on the line guys is once you find one you need to hold onto them because they are literally impossible to replace.

Haha.   So true.   Myron is a real gem.    Schiano's type of guy.   Toes on the line!

CJPunk

Rookie

#36 : April 02, 2013, 08:55:43 AM

Did you list the OC as an issue? The one who helped the offense set franchise records? Really?

Yes he sure did...   

The only thing that will fill that stadium on a regular basis is regular WINNING of games...

Last I remember the offense wasn't the glaring weakness of this football team on a consistent basis last year... Opposing teams came in and threw it all over the Bucs at will, why Sheridan is still the DC is mind boggling to me..
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are "blackouts" going to continue in Tampa for the 2013 season? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools