Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman goes 3rd overall in 2009 do-over draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 03, 2013, 11:37:49 AM

Where would Josh go if he went in the 2013 draft?   2nd round earliest.
It's extremely likely Geno Smith is going to be a top 10 pick in this draft. Would you put money down that he would throw 78 TD's in 3 1/2 years like Freeman has?

I'm not a betting man...but if I were...I'd feel safe in betting that Geno could have a career QB rating of 79 with any team...whether he threw for 100 td's or 50 in that time span.    For the record, though, I think Geno should be rated 2nd-3rd round along with all the others.  We'll see.  It only takes one.

Just my opinion.
: April 03, 2013, 01:28:20 PM Sweep

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 03, 2013, 12:51:40 PM

Freeman now has a better overall offensive supporting cast than Stafford, yet Stafford still outperforms Freeman.

In what way Java? Wins? I doubt that. Consistency? Nope. Throws for more yardage? maybe slightly. Throws for more TDs? Maybe slightly. Stafford has a better #1, a better TE and a better slot receiver. So there goes your theory.
and Josh has had the better RB, better number 2, and better OL. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 03, 2013, 12:53:28 PM

As a Buc fan, if the Chiefs had picked Freeman that year, that would have been a dream come true.
it just makes so much sense too being he could play for his hometown team . 

danlowe748

Starter

#33 : April 03, 2013, 01:07:21 PM

Josh has had the better RB, better number 2, and better OL.

Good post.   Freeman had more weapons to work with in 2012 than Stafford had - and free produced less.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 03, 2013, 01:33:07 PM

Freeman now has a better overall offensive supporting cast than Stafford, yet Stafford still outperforms Freeman.

In what way Java? Wins? I doubt that. Consistency? Nope. Throws for more yardage? maybe slightly. Throws for more TDs? Maybe slightly. Stafford has a better #1, a better TE and a better slot receiver. So there goes your theory.

Better RB? OK, might be the reason why Freeman does not get as many attempts as Stafford.

But how much does MWs indiviual skills matter if the other #2 has Megatron to get open?
How many games did Freeman get carried by his 2 pro bowl guards? I saw too many no names on our OL, to really rate 'em over Staffords OL.

Sorry but if you rip Freeman for inconsistency, not having IT, i do not see it in Stafford either. Even if he might have a slightly higher ceiling than Freeman. But since when do we care about potential, over record? I thought Freeman hasnt done enough yet to be worth getting an extension?
: April 03, 2013, 01:35:57 PM QaZ

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 03, 2013, 02:27:19 PM

You don't think having a decent running game makes things easier on a QB?  Or having a pro bowl LT protecting your blindside ?  And you act like Vincent Jackson is some bum.  Freeman overall has more talent to work with. 

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 03, 2013, 02:31:39 PM

Ya because a player who sets franchise records for passing TDs and yards is a bad first round investment. GTFOH

acacius

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 03, 2013, 02:41:00 PM

More overrated OL, at least.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 03, 2013, 03:37:18 PM

You don't think having a decent running game makes things easier on a QB?  Or having a pro bowl LT protecting your blindside ?  And you act like Vincent Jackson is some bum.  Freeman overall has more talent to work with.

Sure, a good RB helps... it helps a lot, but not stat wise, excepct of maybe win%.

Stafford is allowed to throw into triple coverage, and still gets credited with a completion and yards to Megatron. I doubt there is any credit due to Freeman for handing the ball off to DM, right? Kaepernicks inability to handle snaps is not much of a factor either, right?

Sure VJax is no bum, but he does not ask for triple coverage on consistent base, to make life easier for his #2 and QB.

I do not think Stafford did more with less talent around him. Still i'm not willing to make him look bad, which he is not. I just do not like this bigottery, Freeman breaking franchise records is meaningless, while Stafford getting the Lions to the POs is such a big thing, as if Detroits horrible teams in the past have anything to do with Stafford record of TODAY. Stafford throws for a lot of yards, piled up during garbage time off lost games, while Freeman just benefits off the modern pass happy NFL? Almost every other QB gets all the excuses in the world, f/e Brees plagued by a horrible defense and new a HC, while pointing out explanations to Freemans play is sugarcoating him. I just want a fair judgement of Freemans play and potential, compared to other QBs. If not allowing excuses for Freeman, do not excuse their bad play. I do not want to let Freeman look good, better than he is. If there is a better QB available, get him, say goodbye to Josh.

danlowe748

Starter

#39 : April 03, 2013, 07:53:26 PM

More overrated OL, at least.

Not as overrated as Freeman.   But for sure the Bucs OL is better than the Lions OL.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman goes 3rd overall in 2009 do-over draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools