Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The treatment of Blount .........Part 3......... A theory of coaching styles « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 04, 2013, 01:54:38 PM

What a load of horse **CENSORED**. I have been Blount's biggest freaking supporter and it is clear to me that despite his natural talents he lacks the intelligence and work ethic needed to be great. He has nobody to blame for his lack of playing time but himself.

You wanna learn about Schiano though his players? How about talking to the dozens of college kids who look up to him as a father figure and say they want to be like him when they grow up? How about you go talk to Eric LeGrand?
Why don't you tell us more, since clearly you're Blount's personal psychiatrist?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#61 : April 04, 2013, 01:55:00 PM

When Blount is on the field, the defense knows it is a run. If they try to pass, then you risk getting the QB killed because Blount is literally clueless in pass protection after three years in the league. If a rusher comes through, the QB is most likely getting crushed because Blount doesn't know what is going on. NO MATTER how exciting he is as a runner (and he is exciting to watch) he is a huge liability. After three years you have to assume he is either too dumb to pick it up, or he is just too lazy. Either way, it's a real shame because the guy is a very entertaining runner and had loads of potential.

Since it was a rare occasion when Blount was even on the field, how would defenses have a clue what he would do? I would venture a guess that Doug dropped more passes last year than Blount did in 2011. Also, I'm not saying Blount should get any great number of plays in a game, but he should have got something. All he was was cheap insurance in case Doug was injured. He was wasted. Caddy would have been lucky to get 500 yards in 2010. Blount stepped in and racked up a thousand. Schiano is a much better coach than Raheem will ever be. Something is really wrong when he can't get 500 yards out of a back like Blount.

One other thing, in 2010 defenses knew Blount was going to run the ball, yet he still managed a thousand yard season while not even starting in half the games. And think back to the OL we had back then. We'll end up trading him away and he'll star for a team that knows how to use him. We will never be any better than 15th in rushing as a team if we can't develop a rotation at RB.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#62 : April 04, 2013, 01:55:16 PM

When Blount is on the field, the defense knows it is a run. If they try to pass, then you risk getting the QB killed because Blount is literally clueless in pass protection after three years in the league. If a rusher comes through, the QB is most likely getting crushed because Blount doesn't know what is going on. NO MATTER how exciting he is as a runner (and he is exciting to watch) he is a huge liability. After three years you have to assume he is either too dumb to pick it up, or he is just too lazy. Either way, it's a real shame because the guy is a very entertaining runner and had loads of potential.

There are so wrongs in this statement it's comical. First, when Blount is on the field it's not his fault the plays are predictable. That's all coaching dude and you know that. If you think having Blount on pass plays would kill Freeman has to be the worst post you ever made. Seriously dude! It disappoints me because for a while I thought you were more objective than that. If Blount played tackle or guard and sucked at pass protection you would have a point. In other words, you are saying Martin can consistently and effectively save Freeman from a charging DE on pass plays. Like I said earlier, if a defender is that far in the backfield the coverage is broken. To say Blount would get Freeman killed has to be the craziest thing I read in this thread thus far.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#63 : April 04, 2013, 02:03:08 PM

There are so wrongs in this statement it's comical. First, when Blount is on the field it's not his fault the plays are predictable. (YES IT IS BECAUSE HE CAN'T/WON'T LEARN HOW TO DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN RUN) That's all coaching dude and you know that. (NO.) If you think having Blount on pass plays would kill Freeman has to be the worst post you ever made. Seriously dude! It disappoints me because for a while I thought you were more objective than that. (I'M SORRY YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF A RB THAT CAN CONSITANTLY PICK UP A FREE BLITZER) If Blount played tackle or guard and sucked at pass protection you would have a point. In other words, you are saying Martin can consistently and effectively save Freeman from a charging DE on pass plays. (YES. CHIPPING A FREE PASS RUSHER BUYS THE QB A FEW SECONDS. THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GETTING BLINDSIDED FOR A SACK/FUMBLE, AND MAKING A COMPLETETION.) Like I said earlier, if a defender is that far in the backfield the coverage is broken. To say Blount would get Freeman killed has to be the craziest thing I read in this thread thus far. (YOU SEEM CLUELESS. I SUGGEST READING THIS BOOK http://www.patkirwan.com/  )
: April 04, 2013, 02:05:23 PM JDouble

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#64 : April 04, 2013, 02:06:58 PM

What a load of horse **CENSORED**. I have been Blount's biggest freaking supporter and it is clear to me that despite his natural talents he lacks the intelligence and work ethic needed to be great. He has nobody to blame for his lack of playing time but himself.

You wanna learn about Schiano though his players? How about talking to the dozens of college kids who look up to him as a father figure and say they want to be like him when they grow up? How about you go talk to Eric LeGrand?
Why don't you tell us more, since clearly you're Blount's personal psychiatrist?

You don't need a degree to see that Blount has issues.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#65 : April 04, 2013, 02:21:24 PM

I have two comments:

1. Jdouble take a nap haha you hatred oozes. Schiano is starting to be overrated on this board which explains the lengths people will go to defend him.

2. This article is fantasitc and I can't wait to see the X and O's breakdown in part II of Blount's performance (good and bad).

He's been a head coach for one year. One. Year. And there was significant turn-around in all the phases that needed improvement. Above all else, discipline. I'm not blindly defending the guy, but I'm not going to tear the guy down after one season because certain players don't care for his rigid, hard ass ways.
Really?
Where was that significant turn around in pass D?
They went from bad to awful.
Where was the improvement in pass rush?
Finishing 29th out of 32 teams is not really a significant improvement from 32nd, moreso when you consider the actual number of sacks was exactly the same, that just means other teams got worse while we stayed steady.
We went from 16th to 23rd in the important stat of 3rd down conversion.

We improved some areas that needed improvement but took steps backwards in others

vicious00cycle

Starter
#66 : April 04, 2013, 03:07:37 PM

Secondary was devoid of talent. Talib needed to go (Seriously, he was given enough rope and he hung himself.), Wright was a bust (Thanks Dom), Ronde has lost a step, Barron was a rookie, and the rest were guys off the streets. Not sure exactly why Schiano waited until week 17 to call a different defense, but in his first year I have no problem cutting him some slack. The pass rush has been non-existent for a loooooong time, again lack of talent and some key injuries. Something else I'll excuse for the man's first year. And 3rd down stats.... I'll give that one to Free and a new offense working things out. I'm not saying the cat walks on water and is the second coming, but he's lit a fire under a bunch of men that didn't seem to previously have one lit.... Again, I emphasize ONE YEAR on the job and people want him on the chopping block. Blasphemy I say. Give this thing the same amount of time Rah got at least.

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#67 : April 04, 2013, 03:24:00 PM

There are so wrongs in this statement it's comical. First, when Blount is on the field it's not his fault the plays are predictable. (YES IT IS BECAUSE HE CAN'T/WON'T LEARN HOW TO DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN RUN) That's all coaching dude and you know that. (NO.) If you think having Blount on pass plays would kill Freeman has to be the worst post you ever made. Seriously dude! It disappoints me because for a while I thought you were more objective than that. (I'M SORRY YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF A RB THAT CAN CONSITANTLY PICK UP A FREE BLITZER) If Blount played tackle or guard and sucked at pass protection you would have a point. In other words, you are saying Martin can consistently and effectively save Freeman from a charging DE on pass plays. (YES. CHIPPING A FREE PASS RUSHER BUYS THE QB A FEW SECONDS. THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GETTING BLINDSIDED FOR A SACK/FUMBLE, AND MAKING A COMPLETETION.) Like I said earlier, if a defender is that far in the backfield the coverage is broken. To say Blount would get Freeman killed has to be the craziest thing I read in this thread thus far. (YOU SEEM CLUELESS. I SUGGEST READING THIS BOOK http://www.patkirwan.com/  )

Just curious. How many times Freeman was blind sided or just sacked when Blount was on the field? You can go back to 2010. Just curious since you are so strong with your statements.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#68 : April 04, 2013, 03:29:00 PM

I still think we should keep Blount as a back up. Unless he gets us Revis super cheap.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#69 : April 04, 2013, 03:42:04 PM

I still think we should keep Blount as a back up. Unless he gets us Revis super cheap.

Blount would not decrease the value of a Revis trade.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#70 : April 04, 2013, 03:59:08 PM

Blount had 93 snaps last year. He only carried the ball on 44 of those snaps.  Less than half.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#71 : April 04, 2013, 04:08:28 PM

Blount would not decrease the value of a Revis trade.

Maybe New York wants: 2, 3 and 4 this year.

Give them Blount and suddenly we only owe 2 and 4 if we're lucky. 2 and 3 most likely. That's how trades work dude P:

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#72 : April 04, 2013, 04:12:01 PM

Secondary was devoid of talent. Talib needed to go (Seriously, he was given enough rope and he hung himself.), Wright was a bust (Thanks Dom), Ronde has lost a step, Barron was a rookie, and the rest were guys off the streets. Not sure exactly why Schiano waited until week 17 to call a different defense, but in his first year I have no problem cutting him some slack. The pass rush has been non-existent for a loooooong time, again lack of talent and some key injuries. Something else I'll excuse for the man's first year. And 3rd down stats.... I'll give that one to Free and a new offense working things out. I'm not saying the cat walks on water and is the second coming, but he's lit a fire under a bunch of men that didn't seem to previously have one lit.... Again, I emphasize ONE YEAR on the job and people want him on the chopping block. Blasphemy I say. Give this thing the same amount of time Rah got at least.
Problem is that giving excuses doesn't alter the fact that your previous comment simply wasn't true.
Those were all areas in need of improvement and it didn't happen, so we didn't see significant improvement in ALL areas that needed it.
There is huge huge difference between giving the guy credit he deserves and overstating what he actually did.
He did a great job improving some areas BUT those improvements came at a cost in far more important areas, like how he sold out the pass d to stop the run in a passing league, dumb plan and it showed in the results.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#73 : April 04, 2013, 04:14:55 PM

100 point improvement on defense...102 point improvement on offense.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#74 : April 04, 2013, 04:32:31 PM

I stopped reading that article after it said that it must be tough being LGB.

Ummm...fail?

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The treatment of Blount .........Part 3......... A theory of coaching styles « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools