Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs draft Margus Hunt « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BigfootsDik

Second String

#30 : April 25, 2013, 06:28:15 PM

No, just my sheets

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#31 : April 25, 2013, 07:22:45 PM

It's probably cause you smell like piss.

lol

El Diablo

Starter

#32 : April 25, 2013, 07:43:27 PM

I wanna piss on you drip drip drip pee on you.

El Diablo

Starter

#33 : April 25, 2013, 07:44:29 PM

I didn't pee on that girl she just walked where I was peein

BigfootsDik

Second String

#34 : April 26, 2013, 08:04:44 AM

That girl wanted to get pee'd on.  If I saw pee coming I move!

nitey

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 26, 2013, 08:38:33 AM

I'm really not on board with the Hunt pick. Too much potential, not enough production and he's 26 when the season starts. When his rookie contract is done, the guy is 30.

I'm not saying that I don't like the guy, his clips indicate that he has some upside to be a good rusher, but we are not in the position to gamble with our 2nd pick with a guy who is mostly hyped on potential. I would rather have someone that shows solid production. Hankins or Short would be my choices over a boom or bust Hunt.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 26, 2013, 08:50:59 AM

Said it before the draft, I saw plenty of SMU games over the last 2 years and didn't see an awful lot of Margus Hunt in those games. Not interested.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 26, 2013, 08:53:08 AM

I'm really not on board with the Hunt pick. Too much potential, not enough production and he's 26 when the season starts. When his rookie contract is done, the guy is 30.

I'm not saying that I don't like the guy, his clips indicate that he has some upside to be a good rusher, but we are not in the position to gamble with our 2nd pick with a guy who is mostly hyped on potential. I would rather have someone that shows solid production. Hankins or Short would be my choices over a boom or bust Hunt.

I have been beating the drum on DE > DT for a bit now when it comes to which is a bigger need/which we should draft first. That said, if the option is to take Hunt or the best DT available...I choose the DT. All day.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 26, 2013, 09:06:48 AM

chace,

I think it's the other way around because Neo could fill in for either Clayborn or Bowers if one of them went down. I don't think you are a fan of Neo and so you might see it differently, but either way, if McCoy goes out with an injury, there is NO one that can even remotely push the pocket from the inside and for that reason alone I think DT>DE. That's why I like Hankins, he's played both DE and DT during his college career. Ideal depth IMO.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 26, 2013, 09:20:20 AM

chace,

I think it's the other way around because Neo could fill in for either Clayborn or Bowers if one of them went down. I don't think you are a fan of Neo and so you might see it differently, but either way, if McCoy goes out with an injury, there is NO one that can even remotely push the pocket from the inside and for that reason alone I think DT>DE. That's why I like Hankins, he's played both DE and DT during his college career. Ideal depth IMO.

I understand wanting to have contingencies in place just in case ___ player goes down....but, IMO, you aren't going to be able to feasibly have a back up player near the same quality as all of your elite players on the roster. Sure, we are probably screwed if GMC goes down. Then again, we are screwed if Freeman, V-Jax, Martin, one of the two DEs, or Revis goes down. Now, am I saying ignore depth behind those players? Nope. I'll go back and answer your DTN assumption. Yes, you are correct. I don't want to see DTN as anything more than a 4th DE who is on the field less than 25% of the time. I just see the 3rd DE as more important than a player who is draft 50% for DT duties and 50% for just in case "X" player gets hurt. Besides, you could make the same injury case for a DE prospect, I think. If one of the DEs gets hurt again, then you will see DTN on the field for 70% of the plays, just like we saw last year....and we all know how that pass rush turned out. Not. Very. Good.   

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 26, 2013, 09:48:35 AM

Chances are he will be the pick, they worked him out and brought him in, so the interest is there. I won't be happy with the pick, if he was 24 then sure. But that 2 years of age is going to make a huge difference in his development.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 26, 2013, 10:20:09 AM

chace,

I see your logic, but I still think getting someone that can push the interior of the line is a higher priority. When Price was drafted, the reason we picked him was (or at least the stated reason) was that he could play the NT position, but also could slide over to the 3 technique position to cover for McCoy. In a perfect world, that would have worked out. I think Hankins gives us that same ability and he can play DE and would be a upgrade over Neo.

However, if the Bucs take a DE, I'm hardly depressed. I see the need there as well. I just don't want a freaking LB, QB, S or TE picked at #2.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 26, 2013, 10:29:11 AM

I just don't want a freaking LB, QB, S or TE picked at #2.

On that, I could not agree more.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs draft Margus Hunt « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools