Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu works out for Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Goldson38

Rookie
#15 : April 04, 2013, 11:00:01 AM

Hope he's a buc IF and only IF he has learned his lesson and can keep his head on straight. Not many people change at the age of 22 or 23. At that point, we pretty much are who we are. Not that it can't happen, just not as likely. I don't see real remorse and an honest to goodness thankfulness for his 2nd shot he'll be getting somewhere.

We are who we are @ 23 hahaha. At 23 years old your still a kid, and are far from being an adult. Very few have it figured out at 23

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 04, 2013, 11:07:02 AM

Hope he's a buc IF and only IF he has learned his lesson and can keep his head on straight. Not many people change at the age of 22 or 23. At that point, we pretty much are who we are. Not that it can't happen, just not as likely. I don't see real remorse and an honest to goodness thankfulness for his 2nd shot he'll be getting somewhere.

We are who we are @ 23 hahaha. At 23 years old your still a kid, and are far from being an adult. Very few have it figured out at 23

Well at 23 we are adults, young adults but we are full grown adults.. We also have a good idea of the things we enjoy and things we don't enjoy. For the most part we are neurologically mature so unless he learns something different he will eventually be the person that got thrown off the football team in college.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 04, 2013, 11:15:32 AM

Whether you like Austin or not......5'8" 170lbs is pretty damn small.

I am of the belief that he will put on a few pounds once the season starts and will be at least 180...and as far as height goes...he is a half and inch shorter than Welker.

Sure....he is a midget compared to Calvin Johnson....but whether it is with the Bucs or not....Tavon Austin will be a playmaker in the NFL.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 04, 2013, 11:21:50 AM

If the buc take him, he'll be the NCB heir apparent and returner  - it will be with the 73rd pick... which may supplant getting Escobar.   

Not sure how I feel about that...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 04, 2013, 11:28:23 AM

"He's undersized. His ceiling might be a nickel corner. I don't care if he's scrappy in run support and has good football instincts. If he's there in round 3, I won't take him." - said the guy who passed on Ronde Barber 17 years ago.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 04, 2013, 11:32:04 AM

If the buc take him, he'll be the NCB heir apparent and returner  - it will be with the 73rd pick... which may supplant getting Escobar.   

Not sure how I feel about that...

I would rather have Escobar, assuming we don't draft a TE before him.

- Everyone

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 04, 2013, 11:32:27 AM

Things you never live down, for $200 Alec.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 04, 2013, 11:43:46 AM

I really do see him in a Bucs uniform. Call it a hunch. I just hope we don't draft him too early.

I've had this same feeling for a while now. I think it started when Schiano explained that the team won't be opposed to players with questionable backgrounds going forward.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 04, 2013, 11:51:32 AM

You are who you are at 23? Wow. I just began to mature and take on responsibility at 23. Up to that point I was an irresponsible kid who partied and surfed. 15 years later I don't even know who that punk ass kid was. If you stay the same person you are at 23 for your entire life, you have issues.

Draft Aaron Donald

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 04, 2013, 11:55:17 AM

Totally agree. You're still a kid at 23.

Listening to Mathieu's interviews, he doesn't come across as completely genuine to me. I hope that he does fix his problems, though.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

VTBucs

Second String
#25 : April 04, 2013, 11:59:10 AM

With his off the field issues he doesn't seem to be a Schiano guy.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 04, 2013, 12:00:30 PM

@HolderStephen
Also, former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu is at One Buc Place for a visit right now. Intriguing prospect for many reasons.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 04, 2013, 01:20:56 PM

You are who you are at 23? Wow. I just began to mature and take on responsibility at 23. Up to that point I was an irresponsible kid who partied and surfed. 15 years later I don't even know who that punk ass kid was. If you stay the same person you are at 23 for your entire life, you have issues.

You guys are overthinking this big time.

At 23, I knew what was right, what was wrong. When I was 23 I knew the opportunity that lie ahead of me and generally what things I had to do to get there. My point is that Mathieu got kicked off a football team for substance abuse, continue to use it and then flunk out of rehab. This is not complex stuff here gentleman. At 23 you SHOULD be able to comprehend the idea that you could very well be throwing your football life away if you don't change your ways.

That is the big picture here. If you can't get, I should stop doing drugs so I can play football at 23, you aren't going to get it.

- Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 04, 2013, 01:22:42 PM

Totally agree. You're still a kid at 23.

Listening to Mathieu's interviews, he doesn't come across as completely genuine to me. I hope that he does fix his problems, though.

That's my problem, doesn't seem to have learned from his mistakes, also at 23 you should be smart enough to learn from your mistakes. 23 is a full grown inexperienced man, period.

- Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 04, 2013, 01:22:59 PM

He appears to have stopped...so what is your point?

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu works out for Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools