Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Travis Kelce #3 TE on the board? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucNY

Hall of Famer

: April 04, 2013, 01:38:19 PM

Looking at some highlight videos of Kelce and Escobar and a few things stick out to me.

Kelce does a better job of catching the ball with his hands, Escobar had several catches where he let the ball come to him rather than going to get it. Escobar made the catch but in part because the defender missed it. Kelce also adjusts to a poorly thrown ball much better than Escobar, which is a good thing, we all know Freeman isn't always throwing darts. Lastly Kelce appears to be a better YAC guy and shows more agility and quickness than Escobar.

At this point I'd take Kelce over Escobar in the 3rd/4th.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#1 : April 04, 2013, 01:46:04 PM

Kelce is the 3rd rounder in my mock draft but I wouldn't mad if took Escobar. Along with YAC, I think Kelce is a better blocker than Escobar. Considering he played at Cincinnati, Schiano has seen that kid play from his Rutgers days in the Big East. This draft is solid at TE.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#2 : April 04, 2013, 01:59:02 PM

Is Kelce even on the board?  It all depends why he was suspended for a year, how he explained/showed remorse for it in interviews, and if the Bucs believed him.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 04, 2013, 02:01:18 PM

Suspend!?!? I wasn't aware that he was, have more info on that?

Also depends if he is 23 or 20, lol

- Everyone

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 04, 2013, 02:15:47 PM

Ran in the 4.6's today at his pro day

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#5 : April 04, 2013, 02:29:17 PM

Better numbers than Eifert & Ertz. RT @FSOhio_KGoheen #Bearcats TE Travis Kelce held pro day today. Unofficial 40 of 4.6, vert of 37.
https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/319860432510791682

Ertz/Eifert's combine numbers; http://www.uhnd.com/articles/nfl-irish/tyler-efiert-impressing-nfl-combine-13156/
: April 04, 2013, 02:31:11 PM bucfan26

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 04, 2013, 03:09:20 PM

The fact that Escobar was "picking" the balls out of the air like the other top TE's does worry me a bit. That isn't going to work in the NFL. Freeman needs his WR/TE to help him avoid INTs.

VJax broke up several would be interceptions last year, it makes a big difference.

I like Ertz and Eifert pretty equally. Eifert seems a tough more fluid in motion.

- Everyone

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 04, 2013, 05:20:46 PM

Kelce gets my vote. I'm hoping Lutzenkirchen does well too and we get him

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#8 : April 05, 2013, 12:48:17 AM

I think Escobar is the better natural receiver, but Kelce is my favorite tight end in the draft, and possibly my favorite player in the whole draft. I love his blocking and coaches will too. His athleticism is underrated and he was excellent as a receiver this past season. If everything checks out with his personal background I'd have no problem taking him in the second or third round.

Follow me on Twitter @EricDellaratta

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#9 : April 05, 2013, 01:21:51 AM

He missed the entire 2010 season for "violating undisclosed team rules".  It has never been publicized, but I would imagine the teams have the info.  During the combine one scout called Kelce a "train wreck character wise" and predicted a slide to the mid 3rd round at least.  This could have been someone trying to push down his stock, so their team could snag him at a value.  Also of note, Schiano said he'd be willing to take on guys with character concerns now that he's improved the locker room.  Everyone assumed he was talking about Honey Badger, but maybe he was talking about someone like Kelce?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 05, 2013, 04:17:44 AM

He missed the entire 2010 season for "violating undisclosed team rules".  It has never been publicized, but I would imagine the teams have the info.  During the combine one scout called Kelce a "train wreck character wise" and predicted a slide to the mid 3rd round at least.  This could have been someone trying to push down his stock, so their team could snag him at a value.  Also of note, Schiano said he'd be willing to take on guys with character concerns now that he's improved the locker room.  Everyone assumed he was talking about Honey Badger, but maybe he was talking about someone like Kelce?

You'd have to do something bad to get suspended a whole season, coaches are human too and often make arbitrary punishments.

Doesn't sound like drugs. If there was violence we'd hear about it.

I'm gonna guess he mouthed off. As a kid no less. I say we take him.

pancake block

Starter

#11 : April 05, 2013, 06:27:49 AM

he has talent,value in the 3rd as long as he didnt jerramy stevens his way to a suspension

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 05, 2013, 10:21:59 AM

Crazyness, dude is a train-wreck

- Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 05, 2013, 10:28:42 AM

A UC blog seems to think the incident was something to the extent of Kelce getting drunk and breaking a window at an art gallery or possible breaking into the art gallery. Either way sounds like he got drunk and broke or destroyed some stuff that may have been exspensive.

Kelce said during an interview that all NFL teams know the whole story.

- Everyone

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#14 : April 05, 2013, 11:55:31 AM

A UC blog seems to think the incident was something to the extent of Kelce getting drunk and breaking a window at an art gallery or possible breaking into the art gallery. Either way sounds like he got drunk and broke or destroyed some stuff that may have been exspensive.

Kelce said during an interview that all NFL teams know the whole story.
If that's all it is, then sign him up.  Who hasn't gotten drunk and broken something?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Travis Kelce #3 TE on the board? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools