Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: screw revis, dom! tampa wants sam shields! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 01, 2013, 12:48:34 PM

Top 5 corner yet he's not started more than 8 games in a single season, hmm.......
Top 5 corner yet the packers were average in pass D last year and had the single worst season EVER the year before?
Top 5 corner yet he got just a 2nd round tender?

Something doesn't seem to add up there.

2+2=9,154

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 01, 2013, 01:37:47 PM

Sam Shields sucks. Really don't know why everyone seems to love him here. Definitely not worth a 2nd rounder.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 01, 2013, 01:56:52 PM

Sam Shields sucks. Really don't know why everyone seems to love him here. Definitely not worth a 2nd rounder.

Agree. My best friend is a Packers fan and he told me he would be more than happy to get a 2nd for Shields.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 01, 2013, 03:34:48 PM

Sam Shields does not suck.

Sam Shields is not a top 5 CB in the league.

Drop all the hyperbole and it makes plenty of sense. He is a young CB who has shown enough to be worth it. He just turned 25 and is likely better than any CB we could get in the 2nd round this year. He is likely better than any CB that was available in free agency this year. We could give him a 5 year $30M deal with all the guaranteed money up front and the Packers could not match it. He may never be our #1 CB, but he's a helluva #2 and he'd be locked up for 5 years and cost next to nothing since we'd give him all his guaranteed money in year one. He'd make almost as much as Revis wants....for a year, then average around $4M a year for the final four years of his contract. That would make sense for us.
: April 01, 2013, 03:38:55 PM JDouble

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 02, 2013, 06:40:54 AM

Sam Shields isn't going to make this defense any better than Eric Wright is for crying out loud.

It's Revis or bust. No more over paid mediocre players, please. If you are going to over pay, go get Revis. Without him your man crush coach isn't going to see 2014. It's truly Revis or bust.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 02, 2013, 07:31:33 AM

Revis or bust....sure....that is the ONLY option.....seriously? GTFO. Some of you need to pull your head out your ars. How many other teams have the top CB in the league? Just because our secondary was historically bad, it doesn't mean "Revis or bust." That kind of over reactionary thinking will kill the franchise. All it means is we need some starter quality CBs and a better pass rush.

Also, for those saying the Packers have plenty of cap space and could keep Shields if they want to.....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000156548/Rodgers-close-to-getting-new-contract?campaign=Twitter_nfln_videos

They are close to closing a new deal with Rodgers that will pay him $23M to $25M per year, making him the highest paid player in league history. As soon as that is done, they have to resign BJ Raji and Clay Matthews. So no....they do NOT have extra cap space.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 02, 2013, 07:32:52 AM

Revis  or bust. That is all.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#37 : April 02, 2013, 08:56:04 AM

Don't know why, but the OP and his post remind me of this:

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 02, 2013, 06:36:09 PM

Did you watch this horrific defense last year Jdub? 

Sam Shields is not the answer to the problem.

The defense IS that bad that we need the greatest CB in the NFL to make it work.
Even that may not be enough.

Sam Shields isn't better than the CB we will draft in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 02, 2013, 06:55:38 PM

Um.. I don't think Dom wants to "screw" revis. Only fondle a bit.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 03, 2013, 12:00:52 PM

It's Revis or bust. No more over paid mediocre players, please. If you are going to over pay, go get Revis.

im with this train of thought.  there are certainly other routes, but this would be my choice. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 03, 2013, 12:15:30 PM

Lol -  does 'tampa' really want sam shields?

I think this 'tampa' person may be just a couple of guys.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 03, 2013, 07:56:50 PM

Greenbay needs the cap they have for Aaron Rodgers new deal. If they had extra money they would have retained their best receiver instead of letting him go the a division rival. If we gave up the 2nd and offered him a front loaded deal, they couldn't afford to match. It's that simple.

There's always room for players a team really really wants. They let Jennings go because they feel at his age he is on on the decline and they like thier younger guys like James Jones and Randall Cobb.

Exactly....and don't forget about Jordy. If they were hurtin for cash, they sure as hell wouldn't have retained Finley or be in the process of negotiating a $13mil per year deal for the Claymaker.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 04, 2013, 12:26:30 AM

It's simple math.

They have $18M in cap space.

Rodger currently counts for $9.7M.

His new contract is rumored to pay $24M per year.

That is a difference of $14M per year.

Now there are all kinds of tricks and ways to shuffle around money, but it's pretty obvious they aren't going to have much room once Rodgers signs his new deal. They will have to be very creative to even be able to resign Clay and Raji. In fact, after they make a Super Bowl run this season, they will likely have to make some tough decisions next off season about who they are going to let go. They certainly couldn't afford to match a front loaded offer for Shields if we went tat route...which was my original point.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 04, 2013, 01:49:18 PM

Who's with me? Cheaper contract, younger player hitting his prime, top5 corner in the league. All it would take is a second rounder. Who's down?

If he's a top 5 player, why would they only put a 2nd rounder tender on him? That's very cheap for an elite player at his position.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: screw revis, dom! tampa wants sam shields! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools