Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Orlovsky and Ware cut « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#210 : April 06, 2013, 09:02:53 AM

Tebow can run... somewhat.. yes. But if that is all he has, well... he isn't Randall Cunningham nor is he Michael Vick, or Steve Young. My problem with the idea of bringing Timmy in is what he would bring to the fanbase, he wouldn't bring any better chance of winning, but he would bring in idiots that root for him because he is a white christian athlete.

What a dilemma for stadium security.  Who will they be throwing out of the games?

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#211 : April 06, 2013, 09:03:51 AM

Denver couldn't replace him fast enough

And the Broncos now have Peyton Manning who may be the best QB in the history of the NFL.    I wish the Bucs would have replaced Freeman with Manning.
Top 5 certainly... but Manning isn't even the best QB to ever play for his current team. Either way, Tebow stinks as a QB and would be a horrible investment for the Buccaneers.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#212 : April 06, 2013, 09:12:12 AM

Tim Tebow got extremely lucky in Denver, to be in the playoffs and then even more lucky that the Steelers defensive back took a poor angle on a short pass, got stiff armed and the Broncos won.

some people say luck is a product of hard work and opportunity.  but as calico said, we could use some luck down here.  i dont care if my backup QB has a rabbits foot in his helmet if it helps us win.  its polarizing, i get it.  but i think its laughable to say dan orlovsky or adam weber gives us a better chance of winning.  possible, yes - but laughable to me.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#213 : April 06, 2013, 09:22:26 AM

Tim Tebow got extremely lucky in Denver, to be in the playoffs and then even more lucky that the Steelers defensive back took a poor angle on a short pass, got stiff armed and the Broncos won.

some people say luck is a product of hard work and opportunity.  but as calico said, we could use some luck down here.  i dont care if my backup QB has a rabbits foot in his helmet if it helps us win.  its polarizing, i get it.  but i think its laughable to say dan orlovsky or adam weber gives us a better chance of winning.  possible, yes - but laughable to me.

The only thing Tebow would bring to the Bucs is a division among Bucs "fans." Which doesn't bother me all that much, however Tebow isn't a good QB and would only work well on special teams (maybe) and as a third stringer. Just say no to Tebow.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#214 : April 06, 2013, 09:35:14 AM

Hypothetical:

Freeman completes a 95 yard pass to VJax, who is playing with a calf strain that slows him down enough that the defense catches up to him at the 1 yard line.  Dan Orlovsky isn't even an afterthought. If Tebow is the backup, he should be the first thought for a coach who wants to run it the rest of the way in. Doesn't matter if Blount carries it or Tebow keeps it. That defense won't be able to focus on one thing...

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#215 : April 06, 2013, 09:39:40 AM

Hypothetical:

Freeman completes a 95 yard pass to VJax, who is playing with a calf strain that slows him down enough that the defense catches up to him at the 1 yard line.  Dan Orlovsky isn't even an afterthought. If Tebow is the backup, he should be the first thought for a coach who wants to run it the rest of the way in. Doesn't matter if Blount carries it or Tebow keeps it. That defense won't be able to focus on one thing...
Answer "Idiot fanbase screams "Tebow should be starting for the rest of the season because HE scored the TOUCHDOWN!!!!111111". Just say no. Really the only reason you bring Timmay to ANY team in the state of Florida is to be the starting QB and he isn't.....

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#216 : April 06, 2013, 09:43:04 AM

This mentality reminds me of the spew of hatred that was unleashed by this fanbase when Freeman was the first round pick in 2009.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#217 : April 06, 2013, 09:43:28 AM

The only thing Tebow would bring to the Bucs is a division among Bucs "fans." Which doesn't bother me all that much, however Tebow isn't a good QB and would only work well on special teams (maybe) and as a third stringer. Just say no to Tebow.

which Bucs fans do you speak of?  the 35,000 that show up on game day?  or the ones typing on a keyboard?

who are the "good" backup QBs?  who are the best backup QBs in the league?

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#218 : April 06, 2013, 09:47:34 AM

which Bucs fans do you speak of?  the 35,000 that show up on game day?  or the ones typing on a keyboard?

who are the "good" backup QBs?  who are the best backup QBs in the league?

...add to that... Who is the vet who is better than Orlovsky that comes in and doesn't create division?  Vince Young? JaMarcus Russell?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#219 : April 06, 2013, 09:52:09 AM

I'm not kidding. I'd sign Vince Young in a heartbeat if his heads back on his shoulders.

This guy...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#220 : April 06, 2013, 09:54:59 AM

I'm not kidding. I'd sign Vince Young in a heartbeat if his heads back on his shoulders.

yep

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#221 : April 06, 2013, 10:11:34 AM

yep

Big if... His 4:9 TD:INT in philly is what it is.  Does he not create a "division"?

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2010/11/16/1817331/anonymous-titans-teammates-question-vince-youngs-commitment-and-work

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#222 : April 06, 2013, 10:19:24 AM

i think vince young and tim tebow are both guys who can step in, not completely know the offense, throw deep balls and extend plays with their feet.  vince young is more under the radar, while tim tebow is probably a better lockerrom presence.  i like both of them for a backup role.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#223 : April 06, 2013, 02:13:20 PM

Vince Young, yes. The other guy, no.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#224 : April 06, 2013, 04:51:36 PM

I'd bring in Tebow just to watch this board explode as Java makes 17 more accounts to talk to himself. Plus, the media coverage would be nice. Too bad we'd cut Tebow when we gotta get down to 53.

Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Orlovsky and Ware cut « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools