Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So whats the verdict on the hawk? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucinsouthFL

Starter

: April 05, 2013, 12:30:29 PM

Our free agent prize this year is Goldson. To be honest I have not seen the guy play all that much, but the media has many mixed reviews of the guy. I know NFL network loves the guy calling him "the most explosive safety in the game" while others say he is just an average play who laid big hits and grabbed easy INTS from a dominent defense.  Anyone here see the guy in action a lot? What's your take?

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 05, 2013, 12:32:09 PM

Goldson is a ball hawking, physical All-Pro free safety in his prime.  His presence also allows Barron to play better to his strengths which is closer to the LOS.  What's not to like?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 05, 2013, 12:35:31 PM

Overpaid

Madman

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 05, 2013, 12:37:28 PM

Goldson is a ball hawking, physical All-Pro free safety in his prime.  His presence also allows Barron to play better to his strengths which is closer to the LOS.  What's not to like?

+1

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#4 : April 05, 2013, 12:45:40 PM

Overpaid

unlless/untill his salary prohibits the team from signing someone, who cares? The team is so far under the cap now, and it's not your money. What does it matter?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 05, 2013, 12:45:49 PM

He's an above average safety who is good at the line, a half field guy but not a deep centerfielder. He's not elite, he's not a difference maker. He was a cog in a great defense. We overpaid for his services.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 05, 2013, 12:47:59 PM

Above average overall. Good instincts, can hit and has some ball skills, but not a pure cover guy.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 05, 2013, 12:52:14 PM

He's an above average safety who is good at the line, a half field guy but not a deep centerfielder. He's not elite, he's not a difference maker. He was a cog in a great defense. We overpaid for his services.

When hasn't a FA been overpaid? I'll wait. I can agree that he's not Elite but to say he wasn't a difference maker...did you watch 49er games?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 05, 2013, 01:01:32 PM

When hasn't a FA been overpaid? I'll wait. I can agree that he's not Elite but to say he wasn't a difference maker...did you watch 49er games?

Well really other than a few guy MIA signed and him...none of them this year. That's the galling thing is that most year you are right, FA's get too much, this year the players by and large got right sized deals. Not a difference maker, if he was you think the Niners just watch him walk away?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 05, 2013, 01:03:58 PM

Look at what Huff just signed for in comparison. As for difference maker, the guy is nowhere near the level of Reed or Troy P

ingey1968

Starter

#10 : April 05, 2013, 01:14:10 PM

Its time to stop using Ed Reed as the stardard at safety unless you are talking  4 seasons ago. He clearly isn't the same player as he once was.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 05, 2013, 01:17:02 PM

Its time to stop using Ed Reed as the stardard at safety unless you are talking  4 seasons ago. He clearly isn't the same player as he once was.
But Reed in his prime represents how the highest paid free safety in the NFL should play.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 05, 2013, 01:21:34 PM

Well really other than a few guy MIA signed and him...none of them this year. That's the galling thing is that most year you are right, FA's get too much, this year the players by and large got right sized deals. Not a difference maker, if he was you think the Niners just watch him walk away?

Yes, quite frankly. They let a safety go when they are going to have cap casualties in the future. Big deal letting a safety go, compared to the other guys they might lose if they keep him. Probowler or not, he's just a safety. And that's how they had to view it IMO.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#13 : April 05, 2013, 01:23:30 PM

Niners have a bit of a salary cap issue.  As of now they are only $4 mil over the cap. 

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 05, 2013, 01:24:28 PM

Lot of people worried about the Glazers' money . . that's nice

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So whats the verdict on the hawk? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools