Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow......5 Teams That Could Use His Services « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : April 08, 2013, 12:01:17 AM »

Tim Tebow: 5 Teams That Could Use His Services

By David Levin

April 07, 2013    5:05 pm

Now that the Seattle Seahawks have emphatically denied interest in the New York Jets' maligned and disgruntled quarterback Tim Tebow, where might the NFL’s biggest enigma wind up?

There are only a handful of teams who really could use Tebow’s services. Backing up Russell Wilson would have been a good place to revitalize his career, but seeing the field other than gimmick plays and as a receiver might have been the only way the former Heisman Trophy winner would have competed.

At the end of the 2012 season, it was thought by every media pundit under the sun (including myself) that Tebow would be in a Jacksonville Jaguars uniform in 2013. But the Jaguars fired then coach Mike Mularkey and general manager Gene Smith and hired new general manager David Caldwell, who stated in his team introduction there was no way Tebow would be part of the team’s plans moving forward.

While his athleticism is undeniable and his enthusiasm is catchy, it does not hide deficiencies in his mechanics or his ability to pick up an offense.

Here are five teams that could still use Tebow’s services, if he is used properly.

Buffalo Bills 
1 of 5

There are changes in Buffalo. While the team may draft Geno Smith in the first round, Tebow could be a part of third down packages and part of the receiving corps.

If he is signed by the Bills, he could also compete for the starting spot behind center. Yes, I did just say that.

Arizona Cardinals 
2 of 5

The team just traded for Carson Palmer, but he is not the answer for this team.

Tebow would be going to a warm-weather team that is in transition. New head coach Bruce Arians could be the one who could help Tebow with his mechanics

New England Patriots
3 of 5

Don't think this won't happen. I think given the situation, Tebow is a great fit in Boston. I am not saying he will replace Tom Brady, but Bill Belichick has a habit of taking projects and making them success stories.

Could Tebow finally find his way on the East Coast?

Pittsburgh Steelers
4 of 5

Remember Kordell Stewart? Antwaan Randle El? Welcome Tim Tebow. This is another one of those choices that just makes too much sense.

And if you look at it, Ben Roethlisberger is one of those football players who take a beating and miss time during the season. Tebow would be welcomed in the Steel City

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
5 of 5

This is the most likely of scenarios. Tebow comes to Tampa, where he is beloved in his home state and brings fans to the Big Sombrero.

Josh Freeman is a hot and cold passer and maybe the idea of a Florida icon coming home will push him to be better. He is also great as a marketing tool for this team.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/tim-tebow-5-teams-that-could-use-his-services/22093/

TomRiddle

Starter

« #1 : April 08, 2013, 12:08:10 AM »

If Dom brings teblows to the Bucs he needs to turn in his resignation.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anything else to say

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #2 : April 08, 2013, 12:31:32 AM »

This I agree with. Tebow needs to be in New England, where he can sit on bench and not be adored by fans over their own starting QB.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 08, 2013, 12:33:02 AM »

The only team in Tampa that could use Tebow's servies is the Storm.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4 : April 08, 2013, 01:36:30 AM »

Even if Tebow is forced down Dom's throat in the Revis deal, I still think he would be released before training camp, or shortly thereafter.  Major distraction.  I can hear the chants already, as soon as Freeman misses Vincent, it will be .....WE WANT TEBOW.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

danlowe748

Starter

« #5 : April 08, 2013, 06:50:08 AM »

This is the most likely of scenarios. Tebow comes to Tampa, where he is beloved in his home state and brings fans to the Big Sombrero.

Freeman sure as hell doesn't bring any fans or any playoffs.   Tebow would be a God send for the Bucs.   Tebow as the Bucs starting QB would be Legen...............

wait for it....................

DARY!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #6 : April 08, 2013, 07:02:43 AM »

Where are all the CFL and AFL teams?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 08, 2013, 07:28:23 AM »

Tebow is coming .....I can feel it.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
« #8 : April 08, 2013, 07:36:16 AM »

We actually do need a pass catching TE

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #9 : April 08, 2013, 07:42:17 AM »

We actually do need a pass catching TE

Short yardage runner / Emergency QB is more like it . 

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #10 : April 08, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »

I agree, and I'm a big Dom supporter.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #11 : April 08, 2013, 08:10:37 AM »

I don't know of any teams that could use a QB who once completed 2 passes in a 4 quarters of football.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #12 : April 08, 2013, 08:45:50 AM »

hahahaha Arizona? i know theyve had a lot of bad qb play over the last couple of years. this would be another year of horrible Qb play for them if he went there and Larry Fitzgerald would commit suicide

why in the hell would we want him here? we need a QB if freeman fails. Tebow is already a failure as a qb. he needs to go into motivational speaking or go be a missionary and do some good in the world elsewhere. his path isnt football. he doesnt have a future at Qb in the NFL and the sooner he realizes it the better for everyone else

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
« #13 : April 08, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »

The Big Sombrero Is Back???

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #14 : April 08, 2013, 09:11:49 AM »

Oh God. Don't drink the kool-aid. Not happening.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow......5 Teams That Could Use His Services « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools