Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow......5 Teams That Could Use His Services « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#15 : April 08, 2013, 09:22:53 AM

I am a big fan of Tebow the man, but he is just not the guy who is going to push JF.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 08, 2013, 09:24:41 AM

I am a big fan of Tebow the man, but he is just not the guy who is going to push JF.

They don't want someone to push Freeman.  Just a better option than Orlovski.

My logo is bigger than your logo

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 08, 2013, 09:55:33 AM

They don't want someone to push Freeman.  Just a better option than Orlovski.

Then we can all relax. Tebow is definitely NOT a better option. Tebow has stolen more than his fair share of NFL money. I wouldn't want him for the Bucs if he offered to pay it all back to them. The Bucs need to focus. Tebow would be a distraction. Denver's defense carried him, and "fans" here complain that Freeman is inconsistent as it is. Just imagine how they would react to Tebow.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#18 : April 08, 2013, 09:58:06 AM

If the Bucs acquired Tebow, I would not attend a single game. The hordes of ignorant Tebow fanatics would make the game unbearable. I'm not Freeman's biggest supporter; I want him to do well, but if he doesn't progress further, I want the Bucs to consider the 2014 QB options. Tebow is not an option for this team.

5 team Tebow might be a good fit for:
1.) Orlando Predators
2.) Tampa Bay Storm
3.) Jacksonville Sharks
4.) Toronto Argonauts
5.) GymTyme All Stars Nfinity Cheer Squad

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 08, 2013, 10:11:30 AM

Denver's defense did their job that year, but don't oversell them. They ranked 24th in the league in scoring and 20th in yards. They gave up 40 points or more in 4 games... 5 if you count the playoffs.

wilkes

Rookie
#20 : April 08, 2013, 10:27:01 AM

Tebow led the league in 3 and outs.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 08, 2013, 10:31:05 AM

Denver's defense did their job that year, but don't oversell them. They ranked 24th in the league in scoring and 20th in yards. They gave up 40 points or more in 4 games... 5 if you count the playoffs.
In fairness, if you compare the games that they won with those that they lost, the difference in opposing ppg is rather stark.  Now, that's obviously neither particularly suprising nor noteworthy.  It's somewhat sympomatic of why I don't much care for the "he's a winner" argument.  There are simply too many interconnected variables that go into a team winning or losing to try to use it as a character trait.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 08, 2013, 11:43:21 AM

The Big Sombrero Is Back???

They certainly have been playing like they're back in the Old Som.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 08, 2013, 11:47:33 AM

They certainly have been playing like they're back in the Old Som.

Ever since the return of the creamsickles...

GOBUCS44

Practice Squad

#24 : April 08, 2013, 12:43:06 PM

Denver's defense played well in games but were average to good at best. The kid has played in 15 games and no one knows for sure if he is a NFL QB. What I know is he took a team that was bad and 1-4 and turned their season around. Champ Bailey and others have said it.....he inspired the team. It was not all because of Tebow....he was the catalyst. He does play the game with passion, works his ass off and we know he will not get into any trouble off the field. He does have quite the fan base, either from the Gators or the Christians. I would give him the chance, I mean what do we have to lose? Coach Shiano wants to run the football and....if open to a spread option offense, Freeman and Tebow would accel as both have the physical skills to play that style. The league is moving in that direction and John Fox said himself that Tebow was amazing in that offense. There are negatives on Tebow about his throwing motion, fan base, etc......but name a QB to don a Bucs uniform that played the game with his passion and leadership? I would gamble and go get him. I can name a lot of QB that have played more than 15 games that were worse and had less success than Tebow.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 08, 2013, 12:52:26 PM

If Dom brings teblows to the Bucs he needs to turn in his resignation.

+1.  My position on Tebow is clear. He sucks as a NFL QB. I can throw a tighter spiral and I'm older than dirt.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 08, 2013, 01:00:43 PM

I thought the same thing. Ray Jay looks nothing like the old Sombero.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 08, 2013, 01:04:31 PM

Quote from: David Levin
Tim Tebow: 5 Teams That Could Use His Services

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
5 of 5

This is the most likely of scenarios. Tebow comes to Tampa, where he is beloved in his home state and brings fans to the Big Sombrero. Josh Freeman is a hot and cold passer and maybe the idea of a Florida icon coming home will push him to be better. He is also great as a marketing tool for this team.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/tim-tebow-5-teams-that-could-use-his-services/22093/

After the Big Sombrero reference, I was half-expecting him to argue how Tebow should push Dilfer for the starting quarterback role.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 08, 2013, 01:07:36 PM

Quote from: David Levin
Tim Tebow: 5 Teams That Could Use His Services

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
5 of 5

This is the most likely of scenarios. Tebow comes to Tampa, where he is beloved in his home state and brings fans to the Big Sombrero. Josh Freeman is a hot and cold passer and maybe the idea of a Florida icon coming home will push him to be better. He is also great as a marketing tool for this team.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/tim-tebow-5-teams-that-could-use-his-services/22093/

After the Big Sombrero reference, I was half-expecting him to argue how Tebow should push Dilfer for the starting quarterback role.

Dilfer might still edge him out of a starting job today. Nuf said.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 08, 2013, 01:11:39 PM

Didn't Berman call RayJay the "New Sombrero"?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow......5 Teams That Could Use His Services « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools