Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D.J. Hayden to the Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 08, 2013, 08:51:48 PM

Wish him the best but if he's broken Dom will take him early. 

pljlsplltt

Second String

#16 : April 08, 2013, 10:29:01 PM

I've seen a few mocks that had him in the first round even with the injury. From everything I've read he would have been a top CB in this draft had it not been for the injury, and we will probably definitly have to take him in the 2nd if we wanted him. I'm not sure the chances of it happening again, once it happened once might be more easier for it to happen again, but the kids got talent and Dom has shown to take risks before with injury so he is someone to definitely keep an eye on.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 09, 2013, 02:47:43 AM

Tough call on this guy.

He appears to be very talented, and I'm not one normally to balk about medical issues - but this one is incredibly serious, not a muscle, tendon or cartilage.   

Based on that - I'm really on the fence.   And I'd probably take Matheiu over this cat in the fourth.

Ain't that the truth.  It wouldn't shock me if he went in the 2nd, or went undrafted.  Who knows.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 09, 2013, 02:36:45 PM

Kid was a player before the injury. Interested in hearing how his medical checks out.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#19 : April 18, 2013, 02:22:55 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/259900/mayock-doesnt-see-a-cornerback-going-top-10

Speaking on his pre-draft conference call, NFL Network's Mike Mayock said he doesn't think a cornerback will be picked in the top ten.
Alabama's Dee Milliner has been the only name floated as a top-ten pick in mock drafts, possibly as high as No. 2 to the Jaguars or No. 6 to the Browns. NFL teams are not as high on Milliner as the draftnik community. The Dolphins hold the 12th pick and are said to be "very high" on Milliner. It's a legitimate possibility that he will still be available there. Meanwhile, Mayock has vaulted Houston's D.J. Hayden ahead of Milliner as his No. 1 corner in the draft.

If Cosell and Mayock have DJ Hayden as the #1 CB what does that say about Milliner? Could he feasibly fall to TB at #13????

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 18, 2013, 04:12:21 PM

More on Hayden...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000161102/article/houstons-dj-hayden-goes-from-near-death-to-drafts-top-cb

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 18, 2013, 05:17:01 PM

He has become my favorite CB in this draft. I think he'll end up going between 25 and 45. I would love for the Bucs to get him.

The injury was a freak thing, and it shouldn't have any effect on him in the future.

Size? 6ft 190lbs. Check

Speed? Ran a 4.3 forty and plays very fast. Check.

Good Tape? He looks like an NFL cornerback on tape. Bump and run. Man. Zone. Tackling. Ball hawk. Check, check, check, check, check!
: April 18, 2013, 05:20:37 PM JDouble

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 18, 2013, 05:51:42 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/259900/mayock-doesnt-see-a-cornerback-going-top-10

Speaking on his pre-draft conference call, NFL Network's Mike Mayock said he doesn't think a cornerback will be picked in the top ten.
Alabama's Dee Milliner has been the only name floated as a top-ten pick in mock drafts, possibly as high as No. 2 to the Jaguars or No. 6 to the Browns. NFL teams are not as high on Milliner as the draftnik community. The Dolphins hold the 12th pick and are said to be "very high" on Milliner. It's a legitimate possibility that he will still be available there. Meanwhile, Mayock has vaulted Houston's D.J. Hayden ahead of Milliner as his No. 1 corner in the draft.

If Cosell and Mayock have DJ Hayden as the #1 CB what does that say about Milliner? Could he feasibly fall to TB at #13????

I think that is reported incorrectly by rotoworld. I'm pretty sure Mayock said he didn't have a CB rated as a top 10 guy, not that one would be taken in the top 10.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 18, 2013, 06:25:10 PM

I could see us taking him in the 2nd.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 18, 2013, 06:28:35 PM

If he is there in the 2nd I'd take him in a heartbeat

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 18, 2013, 06:39:18 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000161013/D-J-Hayden-s-NFL-dream-is-kept-alive

Love his story....but it scares the hell outta me. Tired of taking guys with medical issues.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 18, 2013, 08:52:06 PM

He is an interesting prospect for sure.  The idea of drafting him is growing on me by the day. We will have to see how it pans out.

As far as Milliner goes, I can't see him getting past the Dolphins. If he even last that long.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

smithcar

Starter

#27 : April 18, 2013, 10:32:32 PM

If the Bucs like D.J. Hayden they will have to take him in the 2nd. He will be gone by our 3rd pick.

I don't think so.  Its not that we will get injured again, its the recovery time from that first injury.  Will he be able to perform at 100% in 2013 at all? Its a risky pick, and might be better suited for a loaded team that won't require his services right away.

The same could be said of Tank Carradine, but I fully expect he'll go in the 1st regardless of his injury.
Same could be said for Revis but several feel giving up 2-3 picks for him is fine, plus paying him 15 million

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 18, 2013, 10:41:16 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000161013/D-J-Hayden-s-NFL-dream-is-kept-alive

Love his story....but it scares the hell outta me. Tired of taking guys with medical issues.

I hear ya. I have said repeatedly that I am so sick and tired of drafting guys with injury issues......and then I decided I hope we draft Tank Carradine and DJ Hayden! Lol...what can I say?

With both guys, I think with out the injury, they are both possibly the best at their position in the entire draft. With out the injury, they are both top 10 picks. So it really just comes down to trusting the medical staff. Tank has his proday on the 20th....that'll be huge for him. Hayden has been cleared, and despite the drama of such an extreme freak accident...it shouldn't have any effect on him in the future. As long as he is over it from a mental aspect, he should be no more injury prone than anyone else.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 18, 2013, 10:43:45 PM

If the Bucs like D.J. Hayden they will have to take him in the 2nd. He will be gone by our 3rd pick.

I don't think so.  Its not that we will get injured again, its the recovery time from that first injury.  Will he be able to perform at 100% in 2013 at all? Its a risky pick, and might be better suited for a loaded team that won't require his services right away.

The same could be said of Tank Carradine, but I fully expect he'll go in the 1st regardless of his injury.
Same could be said for Revis but several feel giving up 2-3 picks for him is fine, plus paying him 15 million

Apples to oranges.  Revis is about the millionth guy in the NFL to have knee surgery.

DJ's deal was life threatening, not something you see everyday   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D.J. Hayden to the Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools