Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vladimir Lenin meets MSNBC & your local University « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 09, 2013, 07:22:49 PM

CBW , the communist Rush Limbaugh.....yeah I can see that.

Kukla, Fran and Ollie.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 10, 2013, 07:09:25 AM

No - these are not OUR children.  They are the children of their parents who are influenced by others.  The family unit is a  subset of an overall society that has rules and mores - hopefully

No - whole communities do not own the family's children.  The children are members of a family, and again the family unit is a subset of an overall society.

Breaking up the family unit to create ownership of a child via a communal setting is inconsistent with the family unit. 

As for what Ms. Clinton offered - I believe she was establishing contributions a "village" makes toward the development of a family's children - rather than ownership. jmvho

so was the professor. It's highlighted in green.  I think your comments above are right on, but they have little or nothing to do with the point the professor was making, even if not well made.

The scary thing is Vin that she was talking in terms of the collective and not the community. Again, it could all be a poor choice of words as CBW says, but it demonstrates a mind set and we have already seen how this Govt will behave for the "common good."

All a "collective" is is a group of entities that are motivated by a common issue or interest, or work together on a specific project to achieve a common goal. When referring to a specific project, i.e. public education, the use of the word collective is more accurate than "community", because a community is simply a group of people living in close proximity to one another or share a common culture or heritage. A community of people may not necessarily be working towards a common goal, but a collective denotes a group of individuals working towards a common goal. You guys sure do scare easily. The cold war is over, fellas.

Not be outdone by Rush Limbaugh ...

Explain how my statements are in any way akin to Limbaugh's, Vin. I'd be interested in seeing you attempt it. This is me handing you a shovel, BTW. You gonna pick it up? Of course you will...

Your latest statement is not on the level of Limbaugh - although you couldn't resist the "scare easily" and "cold war" comment.  But that wasn't the point of my comment. My point was that you are the functional equivalent of Limbaugh, meaning you are someone way out on the fringe, hyper partisan (could not emphasize "hyper" enough) and you place your partisan credentials over honesty sometimes (just like Limbaugh).

The country needs less of people like you and Limbaugh.

I always love it when Vin gets on his soapbox and spews this "holier than thou" type crap, because it is then when his blatant hypocrisy truly comes to light, even more so than usual.

Vin, you've linked and even started threads based on articles from Breitbart, Drudge, and the Independent Journal Review, all of which don't even attempt to hide their partisan bias, on multiple occasions. Yet here your pathetic self is now criticizing the OP for doing the same thing and are labeling me a partisan when you have never started a single thread that attacked any conservative in office that I can recall.

Now as far as me being a partisan, I'm actually not. I am a Liberal 1st, Democrat 2nd. I have no real allegiance to the Democratic party. I am a registered Democrat because the voter laws in my state require that you declare a party in order to vote in primaries. I have, in the recent past, supported conservative candidates in local elections, believe it or not. And if I could chose a politician in which to clone and place in every house, senate, and executive office, it wouldn't be any of the Washington Democrats. It would be Bernie Sanders, Independent senator from Vermont.

Now here's the truly hilarious part. Your dumb ass is attacking me for characterizing her comments in the exact same way that you are. We are saying the exact same thing about the context of Melissa Harris-Perry's ad, yet I'm the Liberal Rush Limbaugh for saying it. Oh the buffoonery...

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 10, 2013, 09:29:23 AM

CBW, you are a party line guy who places politics over reality and truth and common sense (see your recent comment that the President lying for political gain was "inconsequential" - lol). Politics trump all to you. By comparison, I am a fiscal conservative that is anti-gun, not religious, and supports gay rights.  You are throwing stones from a glass house Rush II.

Now, how is it that the President lying to the public is inconsequential?  Lmao.

All that stuff you typed is just the CBW spin spin spin
: April 10, 2013, 09:33:04 AM VinBucFan

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 10, 2013, 02:28:55 PM

CBW, you are a party line guy who places politics over reality and truth and common sense (see your recent comment that the President lying for political gain was "inconsequential" - lol). Politics trump all to you. By comparison, I am a fiscal conservative that is anti-gun, not religious, and supports gay rights.  You are throwing stones from a glass house Rush II.

Now, how is it that the President lying to the public is inconsequential?  Lmao.

All that stuff you typed is just the CBW spin spin spin

Oh, the buffoonery...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 10, 2013, 04:15:37 PM

Rush Limbaugh uses the word buffoonery all the time ...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 10, 2013, 09:34:38 PM

The self proclaimed free thinking libertarian that marches to the beat of his own drum and champions liberty as pronounced under the constitution.

Now strives to jibe and uses Limbaugh as his saber.

This guy maybe the weakest libertarian ever to stain the ranks of free thinkers everywhere.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 10, 2013, 09:52:06 PM

The self proclaimed free thinking libertarian that marches to the beat of his own drum and champions liberty as pronounced under the constitution.

This guy maybe the weakest libertarian ever to stain the ranks of free thinkers everywhere.

Oh the Buffoonery ....
: April 10, 2013, 09:57:15 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 10, 2013, 11:13:44 PM

Oh the Buffoonery ....

Bitter and bleeding the ideologue lays splayed on the canvas, attempting a few last words of supple defiance, as his brethren all turn red-faced. Will this self proclaimed free thinker ever fight again or will he be sent off amongst the other blustering fools that poses only dogma and a dream.

: April 10, 2013, 11:19:56 PM Durango 95

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 11, 2013, 07:03:51 AM

Gotta love it when Durango attempts to sound clever and intelligent , while making a useless point that is a complete non sequitur. LOL , this is not the 1st time.

Tell us , Durango , what does my admittance that CBW really does sound a lot like Rush Limbaugh have to do AT ALL with my level of libertarianism ? Explain , and then I can take you by the hand ( yet again ) , and explain to you step by step  why you're an  idiot who's out of his league.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 11, 2013, 12:43:56 PM

Gotta love it when Durango attempts to sound clever and intelligent , while making a useless point that is a complete non sequitur. LOL , this is not the 1st time.

Tell us , Durango , what does my admittance that CBW really does sound a lot like Rush Limbaugh have to do AT ALL with my level of libertarianism ? Explain , and then I can take you by the hand ( yet again ) , and explain to you step by step  why you're an  idiot who's out of his league.

I think the knock is that rather than attacking the substance of a particular argument using the tenets of Libertarian (not at all fascist) philosophy, you choose to post weak comments that take jabs and cheap shots that are nothing more than a waste of space. That's what makes you a weak Libertarian by his summation. Just a guess...

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 11, 2013, 03:12:05 PM

"what does my admittance that CBW really does sound a lot like Rush Limbaugh have to do AT ALL with my level of libertarianism ?"

CBW sounds 100% antithetical to Limbaugh so why you keep trying to make that connection is only something you can answer. Why the hell are you asking me to explain why you keep saying the same stupid crap over and over again, I have no idea. The whole subject of Limbaugh would be alien to any clear thinking libertarian person as they would recognize him for what he is, a business man & entertainer that plays to a niche audience. Wake up and wipe the sleep out of your eyes, Dorothy.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 11, 2013, 05:00:15 PM

I think there is a difference between "a" collective and "the" collective. You can argue she meant "a", but she emphasize the word "the". Damn, I'm sounding like Bill Clinton now.

She only uses the word "collective" once, and she never once says "the collective". Her exact words:

"We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we've always had kind of a private notion of children. 'Your kid is yours, and totally your responsibility.' We haven't had a very collective notion that these are our children..."

Her statement is in line with the same stream of thought that was promoted by Adam Smith, John Locke, Thomas Jefferson, and many, many others. The is the thought that an educated populace is of benefit to society as a whole, and an uneducated populace is of detriment to society as a whole, therefor it is the collective responsibility of a society to ensure that the people are properly educated. There is nothing Lenin about it, nothing Orwellian about it. This thread is nothing more than partisan, reactionary bull crap. Excuse my frankness.
: April 11, 2013, 05:11:38 PM CBWx2

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 11, 2013, 07:57:27 PM

"what does my admittance that CBW really does sound a lot like Rush Limbaugh have to do AT ALL with my level of libertarianism ?"

CBW sounds 100% antithetical to Limbaugh so why you keep trying to make that connection is only something you can answer. Why the hell are you asking me to explain why you keep saying the same stupid crap over and over again, I have no idea. The whole subject of Limbaugh would be alien to any clear thinking libertarian person as they would recognize him for what he is, a business man & entertainer that plays to a niche audience. Wake up and wipe the sleep out of your eyes, Dorothy.

The comparison was made because of CBW's penchant for rationalizing everything his side does from a ridiculously obvious partisan bias .  In other words , I DO recognize Limbaugh for exactly what he is . 

I know you are slow , but try and follow , Non Sequitur Boy :  My libertarianism had absolutely nothing to do with my simple agreement with Vinny's Limbaugh comparison . Yet once again you brought it up for no apparent reason , using your lame little , " Ohhhh Mr. Freethinker " sarcasm . The problem here is clear , and has nothing to with Rush Limbaugh ; you have a bone to pick with my ideals. Tough Shlt , princess. Save it for the next time I'm actually attempting some sort of political or philosophical commentary ...at which point I will take your whiny ass to the woodshed.
: April 11, 2013, 08:01:13 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 11, 2013, 08:14:37 PM

The comparison was made because of CBW's penchant for rationalizing everything his side does from a ridiculously obvious partisan bias .

You would never dream of doing such a thing, huh Delirious? Tell me again how Ludwig von Mises and Freidrich Hayek were anti-fascists who supported fascist regimes again?

Will he take this opportunity to acknowledge and condemn both of their chosen affiliations with fascist regimes, or will he continue to "rationalize everything his side does from a ridiculously obvious partisan bias."

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 11, 2013, 08:20:31 PM

"you have a bone to pick with my ideals. Tough Shlt , princess. Save it for the next time I'm actually attempting some sort of political or philosophical commentary ...at which point I will take your whiny ass to the woodshed."

No, not next time. This time. Let's hear it.

Despite your bluster you haven't even come close to taking me to any woodshed and I doubt you ever will. But in the event that you do, then I will be happy to have learned something. In fact I can tell that since the time I've even bothered to notice you on this forum nearly every assumption you've made about my political opinions has been entirely wrong. But, no matter. Feel free to take me to the woodshed.

Now all you have to do is figure out where to start. Good luck w/ that. I can see you're going to need it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vladimir Lenin meets MSNBC & your local University « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools