Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OFFICIAL Day 2 Draft Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 37 38 39

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#570 : April 27, 2013, 01:16:00 AM

I'm glad we drafted Napoleon Dynamite.

That's Nick Foles. But man, this kid is his ugly twin haha

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#571 : April 27, 2013, 01:36:41 AM

Draft Aaron Donald

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#572 : April 27, 2013, 03:47:02 AM

This made me laugh. With that said...calm down people. When I first saw the pick...I hated it. My cousin went to NC State and didn't like Glennon in college. With that said, he played for a bad team and there are many people in the NFL that had him rated fairly high (some as the top QB in the draft). I would have been much happier had we waited till round 4 and drafted one of the DE's like Moore or a DT (or even a TE).

With that said, we do need a backup QB. If Josh goes down and blows out a knee and is done for the year...what then? Do you resign him? Can you resign him? What would he want? This is an insurance policy with a lot of upside. Worst case...he turns out to be a journeyman backup and we are out a 3rd round pick.

What if...and that's a big what if...the Bucs front office and people in the NFL actually know more than us on these boards? If this kid has the potential to start down the road, that's a good thing. Hopefully this puts pressure on Josh...Josh becomes the man...and then in 2-3 years we can trade Glennon. Again, As much as I don't like the pick...I am willing to take a wait and see approach. It's not the end of the world and maybe the kid will surprise us. Definitely was a head scracher/wow moment, but what can you do.

We have 3 picks in the next two rounds and I'd love to see us knock off half of our needs at DE, DT, TE, RB, OT and LB with those 3 picks.
: April 27, 2013, 04:00:28 AM Kodiak

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

White Tiger

Starter
#573 : April 27, 2013, 03:59:56 AM

No offense Kodiak - but if anything happens to Freeman - nobody better count on Mike Glennon to get a win this year...or maybe next...

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#574 : April 27, 2013, 04:03:52 AM

I wasn't really talking about this year...I was talking about down the line. If Freeman goes down in his contract year...do you resign him? What if he goes down week two and some other team offers him $18 million a year? Do you match...do you let him walk? If so...do you want Orlovsky as your QB of the future? Trust me...I don't want Glennon starting in 2013 at all. No offense to him...but ideally, Josh will finally get it this year and he will be the franchise QB we all hoped he could be.

I am just saying that Orlovsky is definitely not a guy we want to see on the field any time soon. Some goes for Glennon, but don't say this Glennon kid is hopeless and worthless. He was the 3rd ranked QB on Mayock's board. Again, he needs to sit for 2-3 years. At least we add some depth to a position that was very thin behind Freeman and now we have someone with some potential for development should Freeman end up not becoming the guy this year.
: April 27, 2013, 04:07:04 AM Kodiak

White Tiger

Starter
#575 : April 27, 2013, 04:18:18 AM

I'm sorry, I know what youre saying - and I agree with the idea - just tired of the anti-Freeman types.

We DO need him for the role we drafted him - but as you said - we need to be prepared that this kid is NOT expected to challenge anyone, anywhere, anyway - this year. He is exactly what we need for a long-term winning program - a developmental back-up that can be groomed to step-in seamlessly and take over should he be needed to do so.
: April 27, 2013, 04:20:29 AM White Tiger

utbuc

Second String

#576 : April 27, 2013, 04:19:14 AM

Glennon was the third best QB prospect in the draft, I hate the round but he's a good QB prospect. Should net us a good pick in a couple years.
I don't know where you are reading that everyone of mayocks that I have seen just from a couple days ago  it goes geno, ej, barkley, nassib,then glennon number 81 overall.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#577 : April 27, 2013, 05:13:28 AM

looks like a baller.  All I care about since I'm straight and all. 

White Tiger

Starter
#578 : April 27, 2013, 05:22:42 AM

Glennon was the third best QB prospect in the draft, I hate the round but he's a good QB prospect. Should net us a good pick in a couple years.
I don't know where you are reading that everyone of mayocks that I have seen just from a couple days ago  it goes geno, ej, barkley, nassib,then glennon number 81 overall.

That famous draft Guru - Howard Cossell's son - picked Glennon ahead of Geno Smith yesterday...just after watching film of Ryan Nassib and claiming he was the best QB in the draft...

If I recall correctly - it was Mayock who said Freeman was a future 1st round draft pick when he watched Freeman's Kansas State team play Shiano's 16th ranked Rutgers in the 2006 Texas Bowl game...

McShay, had Freeman going to KC with the 2nd pick of the 2nd round, while Myock and Mel had him in the 1st round.

all three of these guys had Glennon in the 3rd round - or later - of this draft...before the draft.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#579 : April 27, 2013, 05:39:07 AM

Mayock's final rankings were Smith, Barkley, Glennon, Nassib, Jones.

Page: 1 ... 37 38 39
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OFFICIAL Day 2 Draft Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools