Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any Tyler Wilson Intrigue? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 10, 2013, 01:13:34 PM

Caught Coach Gru's show with Tyler Wilson, the QB from Arkansas.

This kid intrigues me a bit for the middle rounds(assuming the picks aren't fleeced for Revis). Anyone else?

When all is said and done Ryan Nassib is going to be the Best QB to come out of this draft class. He has a strong arm and he's a leader on his team. He command the Huddle like a Pro, has decent footwork and throws a good deep ball.

Greg Schiano recruited Nassib heavily when at Rutgers. If Nassib falls to the Bucs 2nd round selection I'm sure there is going to be some debate in the Bucs War room on day 2 of the draft. 

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 10, 2013, 01:22:34 PM

QBs in the 2nd I like. #1 Wilson. #2. Nassib. #3 Matt Scott.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 10, 2013, 01:29:22 PM

Nassib misses wide open receivers on a regular basis. I'll pass.

I'm not sure any of this year's QBs will go in the top ten. I think a lot of these guys will go in the late 1st round. I don't think there is a single 1st round QB in this draft, but teams want to get that 5 year contract that only 1st rounders can sign, especially with a QB...so I think we'll see a lot of movement late on day one and by the end of it there could be 3 or 4 QBs taken late in the first round. Guys like Smith, Wilson, Barkely, Nassib, Bray, Manuel, and Glennon all seem to fit that scenario.

I can't help but look back at guys like Aaron Rodgers and Andy Dalton, and how late they were drafted, and I just can't imagine any of this year's QBs going early. I mean Barkely and Smith appear to be the top prospects and neither of them grade out out anywhere near Rodgers or Dalton. I know teams get desperate for QBs and make bone head decisions...but I really think this year all the 1st round QBs will be taken after the 20th pick.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#18 : April 10, 2013, 04:10:07 PM

Tyler Wilson is pretty average. He's got career backup written all over him.

I'd prefer Manuel, Glennon, Bray,  and L. Jones over Wilson.  Atleast they have big arms, prototypical height to be a NFL QB.  Bray and Jones are more likely for us because they are probably 4th 5th round guys, don't think we take a QB earlier then that if at all.

Landry Jones has career backup written all over him.
Most 4th, 5th round picks are.

Yep.. but Landry Jones is a step below Wilson.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 10, 2013, 04:17:09 PM

No way the Bucs spend a premium pick on a QB this year. If Freeman mans up then we wasted a pick on a back up QB. I suppose we could trade a guy, but I'd rather fill the holes in the D, maybe get a slot guy and get in the playoffs.

However Tyler Wilson is my #1 QB followed by Nassib, McGloin, Geno aaaand the rest I don't know much about. USC kid should probably bust though.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 10, 2013, 04:29:32 PM

No way the Bucs spend a premium pick on a QB this year. If Freeman mans up then we wasted a pick on a back up QB. I suppose we could trade a guy, but I'd rather fill the holes in the D, maybe get a slot guy and get in the playoffs.

However Tyler Wilson is my #1 QB followed by Nassib, McGloin, Geno aaaand the rest I don't know much about. USC kid should probably bust though.

I don't think spending a 2nd or 3rd on a dependable back up is a waste. With today's concussion rules, a good back up QB has more value than ever.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 10, 2013, 04:37:51 PM

Tyler Wilson is pretty average. He's got career backup written all over him.

I'd prefer Manuel, Glennon, Bray,  and L. Jones over Wilson.  Atleast they have big arms, prototypical height to be a NFL QB.  Bray and Jones are more likely for us because they are probably 4th 5th round guys, don't think we take a QB earlier then that if at all.

Landry Jones has career backup written all over him.
Most 4th, 5th round picks are.

Yep.. but Landry Jones is a step below Wilson.

I think Jones has more upside then Wilson, thats just me.  Not to mention where they want to draft him, 2nd round? F that.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any Tyler Wilson Intrigue? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools