Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't want him in the 1st, but Teo is going to be good « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 10, 2013, 11:09:10 AM

I keep hearing how bad he did agaisnt Alabama and the NFL ready O-line...Did he have an NFL ready D-line in front of him in that national championship game?  All things being equal this kid is going to be good!!!

yes he did. louis nix their NT would be a 1st rounder if he hadnt decided to finish his senior year and get his degree which i commend him for. stephon tuitt will likely also be a 1st rounder. kapron lewis-moore would have been a 3rd-4th rounder if he hadnt torn his knee up there at the end. Teo had an awful game and was wrecked by an All star level OL. that Bama OL is probably on par with the 49ers and much better than a lot of other NFL teams' lines

I agree with this. I still don't want him tho.

me either. im just sayin

youngone

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 10, 2013, 11:26:52 AM

I keep hearing how bad he did agaisnt Alabama and the NFL ready O-line...Did he have an NFL ready D-line in front of him in that national championship game?  All things being equal this kid is going to be good!!!

yes he did. louis nix their NT would be a 1st rounder if he hadnt decided to finish his senior year and get his degree which i commend him for. stephon tuitt will likely also be a 1st rounder. kapron lewis-moore would have been a 3rd-4th rounder if he hadnt torn his knee up there at the end. Teo had an awful game and was wrecked by an All star level OL. that Bama OL is probably on par with the 49ers and much better than a lot of other NFL teams' lines

I agree with this. I still don't want him tho.

me either. im just sayin

His defense line was damn good too. Especially in the middle.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 10, 2013, 12:04:39 PM

So Nix's stock wouldnt have dropped from being man handled, but Teo's does?    For the record I dont want him, but I think he will be a good (not great) player.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 10, 2013, 12:09:18 PM

So Nix's stock wouldnt have dropped from being man handled, but Teo's does?    For the record I dont want him, but I think he will be a good (not great) player.

Did you see Teo trying to tackle Eddy Lacy one on one? It was embarrassing and his Dline did a good of setting him up.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 10, 2013, 12:16:37 PM

If he falls into round two.... call me... maybe?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 10, 2013, 12:17:39 PM

yeah im sure Nix was getting doubled teamed the entire time though. he was also facing Barrett jones who has won literally every OL award in college and been a mutiple All SEC and AA player every single year. plus chance warmack who was ALL SEC and i tihnk an AA as well

Teo was going 1 on 1 with a RB and looking like he didnt know what to do.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 10, 2013, 12:17:56 PM

If he falls into round two.... call me... maybe?

negative

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 10, 2013, 12:23:16 PM

Did you see Teo trying to tackle Eddy Lacy one on one? It was embarrassing and his Dline did a good of setting him up.

Im not saying Teo doesnt deserve his fall down the draft boards.  Im just saying all those other names that were being thrown around as top level talent also got taken to the woodshed.  There isnt a player on that team I would want in the first round...its not just limited to Teo.

Nix may have been getting double teamed, but so was the UGA NT (SEC CG) and played much better than Nix.

RoddyBama1

Rookie

#23 : April 10, 2013, 12:25:09 PM

He is what he is. He was way over hyped, as the entire Notre Dame team was after playing a cupcake schedule. Put them in the SEC and they lose 5 games and Teo is just another guy. He isn't a first round talent. In that game not only did Lacy make him look foolish, a true freshman Yeldon treated him like a child. It was a JOKE.

If he gets into a solid system, with a lot of talent around him to keep him clean, he can be a serviceable starter. You can find those in rounds 3 and 4 though where he probably should be drafted.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 10, 2013, 01:23:36 PM

Im not saying Teo doesnt deserve his fall down the draft boards.  Im just saying all those other names that were being thrown around as top level talent also got taken to the woodshed.  There isnt a player on that team I would want in the first round...its not just limited to Teo.

Nix may have been getting double teamed, but so was the UGA NT (SEC CG) and played much better than Nix.

fair point but Bama did not play a good game against georgia. they didnt look sharp at all and really should have lost to them. they came out firing on all cylinders in the title game though and thats the big difference

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 10, 2013, 01:29:29 PM

He is what he is. He was way over hyped, as the entire Notre Dame team was after playing a cupcake schedule.

Wrong, ND had one of the toughest schedules in college last year.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 10, 2013, 02:25:09 PM

He is what he is. He was way over hyped, as the entire Notre Dame team was after playing a cupcake schedule.

sure, at the beginning of the year

miami was awful
oklahoma wasnt very good
USC completely self destructed and was terrible
michigan state regressed mightily
michigan was pretty average

add to that the fact that Pitt, horrible lowly Pitt, took them well into OT and should have won but their kicker missed a chipshot FG. Stanford was the only really good team they played and that one gets a massive asterisk because the refs ruled the stepfan taylor's forward progress stopped even though he was clearly still moving and scored the tying TD in OT

Notre Dame was a mirage and it showed when they finally played a good team

youngone

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 10, 2013, 02:34:48 PM

miami was awful
oklahoma wasnt very good

add to that the fact that Pitt, horrible lowly Pitt, took them well into OT and should have won but their kicker missed a chipshot FG. Stanford was the only really good team they played and that one gets a massive asterisk because the refs ruled the stepfan taylor's forward progress stopped even though he was clearly still moving and scored the tying TD in OT

Come on bro.. Lol

RoddyBama1

Rookie

#28 : April 10, 2013, 02:42:09 PM

I can't believe people still try to hold water for the B1G. They are a joke in football.

Put Notre Dame in the SEC and they lose 5 games last year. The only decent teams they beat last year were Stanford (before their QB change that turned their season around) and Oklahoma (which is pushing it because Landry Jones is a choke artist).

They played a team with real athletes and Teo along with the Notre Dame team were exposed. He wasn't even the best LB on the field in the NC game. I'd wait a year and take C.J. Mosley if you want a game changer at LB.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 10, 2013, 02:57:52 PM

miami was awful
oklahoma wasnt very good

Come on bro.. Lol

im being serious. the media was hyping it up as the rebirth of catholics vs convicts and then the game was terrible. miami was dissappointing and everyone was expecting them to start contending again
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't want him in the 1st, but Teo is going to be good « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools