Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't want him in the 1st, but Teo is going to be good « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
: April 09, 2013, 10:12:45 PM

Don't care about the national championship game. Guy has been solid to great for 3 years, and has what it takes to be a playmaker. Way better than Kluechley IMO

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000158450/Game-Changers-Manti-Te-o-on-the-field

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 09, 2013, 10:42:41 PM

If he is there at #13, it'll be interesting to see what we do... Might well trade down to gain more picks...

bucyou

Rookie

#2 : April 10, 2013, 07:06:16 AM

dom lets take teo! trade down plz

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 10, 2013, 08:37:24 AM

You don't care about it? You should! The reason others care is because he played against an offensive line that has several NFL type players on it. Next year every offensive line will have all NFL players on it. He showed he wasn't able to get off blocks as quickly as he did and he showed that a NFL back was able to expose his tackling.

Still a good prospect but he doesn't look like the complete LB he once was. Looks like a coverage guy who is soft against the run.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 10, 2013, 08:41:12 AM

Teo will be an average starter. I wouldn't spend more than a 3rd

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : April 10, 2013, 08:41:27 AM

Barret Rudd 2.0 with a fake girlfriend no thanks I'll pass.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 10, 2013, 08:45:16 AM

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Dirtypillow

Second String
#7 : April 10, 2013, 08:46:40 AM

I keep hearing how bad he did agaisnt Alabama and the NFL ready O-line...Did he have an NFL ready D-line in front of him in that national championship game?  All things being equal this kid is going to be good!!!

Just say NO to Bridgewater at 7...very small hands \\\\\\\"smell like cabbage.\\\\\\\"

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 10, 2013, 09:10:56 AM

You don't care about it? You should! The reason others care is because he played against an offensive line that has several NFL type players on it. Next year every offensive line will have all NFL players on it. He showed he wasn't able to get off blocks as quickly as he did and he showed that a NFL back was able to expose his tackling.

Still a good prospect but he doesn't look like the complete LB he once was. Looks like a coverage guy who is soft against the run.

I don't like this argument because Notre Dame played against some of the best Olines in college football and Te'o was fine. USC, Michigan, Michigan St. Oklahoma, Stanford all had great Olines. I wouldn't throw away his whole season because of one bad game.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 10, 2013, 09:13:35 AM

He will be a good MLB in the the league, but I dont see him as a star.  I think he would do well as a ILB in a 3-4 where he doesnt have to shed as many blockers.  If he happens to land on a Balt/Pitt type of team I think he will be a very good piece to a strong D.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 10, 2013, 10:04:43 AM

I don't like this argument because Notre Dame played against some of the best Olines in college football and Te'o was fine. USC, Michigan, Michigan St. Oklahoma, Stanford all had great Olines. I wouldn't throw away his whole season because of one bad game.

Not just one, 3 really good seasons. Te'o would have been a first rounder in 2012 too.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 10, 2013, 10:40:35 AM

Not 1st round talent to begin with

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 10, 2013, 10:49:11 AM

I keep hearing how bad he did agaisnt Alabama and the NFL ready O-line...Did he have an NFL ready D-line in front of him in that national championship game?  All things being equal this kid is going to be good!!!

yes he did. louis nix their NT would be a 1st rounder if he hadnt decided to finish his senior year and get his degree which i commend him for. stephon tuitt will likely also be a 1st rounder. kapron lewis-moore would have been a 3rd-4th rounder if he hadnt torn his knee up there at the end. Teo had an awful game and was wrecked by an All star level OL. that Bama OL is probably on par with the 49ers and much better than a lot of other NFL teams' lines

that being said i wouldnt draft him in the 1st but maybe late 2nd early 3rd if i needed a MLB. he had a great career marred by an awful final game. people fixate on that and the lenea kukua thing and forget that hes been an all american several times. his production is excellent and he plays hard every time he steps on the field

youngone

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 10, 2013, 10:52:54 AM

yes he did. louis nix their NT would be a 1st rounder if he hadnt decided to finish his senior year and get his degree which i commend him for. stephon tuitt will likely also be a 1st rounder. kapron lewis-moore would have been a 3rd-4th rounder if he hadnt torn his knee up there at the end. Teo had an awful game and was wrecked by an All star level OL. that Bama OL is probably on par with the 49ers and much better than a lot of other NFL teams' lines

I agree with this. I still don't want him tho.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 10, 2013, 10:58:07 AM

True, however none of those teams can hold a light to Alabama. They are extremly tough and physical and Te'o was exposed, rightly or wrongly, and it worried a lot of people because every team is that tough and physical.

Somone noted he didn't have an offensive ready D-line. That's debateable. But the take home point is that when challenged by a great lineman he has trouble. You can put any LB behind a great d-line and they look good. If you're going to get picked in the 1st round you have to be great regardless and I don't believe that is Te'o.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't want him in the 1st, but Teo is going to be good « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools