Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Looks like Dilfer's evaluation was correct! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Runole

Hall of Famer
: April 14, 2013, 09:51:17 AM

FSU just might have found themselves their best QB since Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke.     Jameis Winston looks to be the REAL deal!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 14, 2013, 11:09:26 AM

Cfb board. If your QB looks good in the spring game, does that mean you defense is suspect?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 14, 2013, 12:10:45 PM

lolz

Runole

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 14, 2013, 01:53:26 PM

ahh two gator buddies chime in.. May I ask how the Gators spring game went?

As to the defense FSU played mostly vanilla throughout the game because FSU had only one healthy running back so it was air it out and see how the passing game would look.    Winston was very impressive.  Very competitive like that QB from Florida that plays on the jets.   JMO but Winston is a far better NFL prospect than that fella.

Of course that is Trent Dilfers opinion as well.   FSU has never had as much quality depth at QB.  That being said WInston at least yesterday looked like the leader of the pack.

Nice to see the Gators traveling to Miami for the final game of the annual series they backed out of.    As usual everyone knows gator always tastes like fine poultry!  :D ;D

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 14, 2013, 01:56:51 PM

Cfb board. If your QB looks good in the spring game, does that mean you defense is suspect?

The Dilfer reference was why I posted it here.   Fear not you will soon see why FSU fans are excited about Winston who is the shining star of 4 very good QB's.

Defense kept it under wraps very vanilla by design due to so many injured RBs.

Bookert1905

Starter
#5 : April 14, 2013, 02:14:03 PM

Don't post often anymore, but had to for this one. So you post this on the red board because Trent Dilfer said something about this guy? That is a bad reason. The fact you are using a meaningless spring game where the defense played vanilla, your words, to prop up a QB is pretty bad also.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 14, 2013, 02:25:04 PM

What did dilfer say?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 14, 2013, 06:11:43 PM

Don't post often anymore, but had to for this one. So you post this on the red board because Trent Dilfer said something about this guy? That is a bad reason. The fact you are using a meaningless spring game where the defense played vanilla, your words, to prop up a QB is pretty bad also.

Sorry such a post put your panties in such a wad.  Ask  me if I care about why you don't want to see a post about a potentially great NFL prospect on this board?  :P If I recall correctly this years Heisman trophy winner was also a red shirt Freshman last season.  Hmmm?  Lets revisit this topic at the end of the season.  Hey he may be a flop next season. JMO but barring an injury I think he is going to be very special.  Has the numbers, has the character, has the competitiveness. We shall see.

Dilfer has a QB camp every year where arguably the best 10-12 senior QBs in the nation attend.  Dilfer made the statement after having Winston at his camp that he would be a number one draft choice at QB as he was so impressed.   FSU red shirted him last season so it was the first chance to see if Winston was anything matching the hype.   After watching him I admit I came away extremely impressed.   Perhaps you need to check it out for yourself as the game I believe is being played on ESPNU 208 at 7:00 am Tuesday I believe.  Judge for yourself.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 14, 2013, 06:16:31 PM

I'll wait for the regular season.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 14, 2013, 06:22:19 PM

The OP is an effin' idiot.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 14, 2013, 06:27:55 PM

I'll wait for the regular season.

Understood

After all Florida needs to start worrying about playing Miami at Miami next season.   Always loved Bobby's remark stating what he wanted on his grave stone.. "AT LEAST HE PLAYED MIAMI"    ;) 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 14, 2013, 06:36:25 PM

Wrong. Board. Yo.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

DA_OAKS

Starter

#12 : April 14, 2013, 07:19:16 PM

i was fortunate enough to watch the game in person yesterday!
He looked.. yeah i am gonna say it..  rg3 ish.. or bridgewater ish.. these are the latest specimen of QB
 a + athlete, with + arm strength, and + accuracy. This kid will make waves.. like hesimen/championship waves!! maybe next year but absolutely when he is a junior
the offfense is stacked with more skill then anywhere in the country.. and a defense that with more talent then anywhere in the country.
you can think I am crazy
but FSU will win back to back championships the next two years..

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 14, 2013, 07:33:21 PM

He looked.. yeah i am gonna say it..  rg3 ish.. or bridgewater ish.. these are the latest specimen of QB
 a + athlete, with + arm strength, and + accuracy. This kid will make waves.. like hesimen/championship waves!! maybe next year but absolutely when he is a junior
the offfense is stacked with more skill then anywhere in the country.. and a defense that with more talent then anywhere in the country.
you can think I am crazy

Haha. Gotta love the enthusiasm at least.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 14, 2013, 08:27:45 PM

you can think I am crazy

whoa whoa whoa pump the breaks there champ

i liked what i saw out of winston but its just a spring game. he went against a very vanilla defense and 3 of our starting corners were out with injury. hes definately got potential but until he steps onto the field in a real game i will withhold judgement and definately wont be calling him the next RG3

also RUNOLE is a terrible troll and embarrassing to FSU fans like myself. please ignore him. his use of Trent Dilfer's opinion alone is cause to disregard
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Looks like Dilfer's evaluation was correct! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools