Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hotel room trashing at Combine could hurt 2 players in draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : April 15, 2013, 12:00:45 AM »

Report: Hotel room trashing at Combine could hurt players in draft

By Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com

April 14, 2013 8:29 am ET

This close to the draft, with millions of dollars at stake, players typically are on their best behavior. Teams, meanwhile, are digging up everything they can about their potential picks.

Against that backdrop, the National Fooball Post's Dan Pompei reports NFL teams want to know more about an incident at the Combine in Indianapolis in which a hotel room was trashed, apparently by two players who stayed there. Pompei did not identify them.

“One of the players is a potential first-round draft pick, and the incident could affect both players' stock,” Pompei writes. “Front office men hoped to speak with one of the players about it at his pro day, but the player curiously made himself unavailable to talk.”

It might not sound like a big deal, but dropping even one spot can prove costly to any potential draftee.

Take last year's draft. Linebacker Luke Kuechly, the No. 9 pick, received $12.58 million over four years from Carolina. Corner Stephon Gilmore got $12.1 million one pick later from Buffalo. At No. 12, defensive tackle Fletcher Cox received $2.3 million less than Kuechly, $10.24 million, from Philadelphia.

danlowe748

Starter

« #1 : April 15, 2013, 12:18:32 AM »

Trashing a hotel room?   That's nothing.    I guess it depends on how it was trashed.   At a bachelor party 20 years ago, we "trashed" a room and they kicked us all out of the hotel.   We had to pay the damages (there weren't many) and were banned from the hotel forever.   Everyone who attended that party and trashed that hotel are now high level executives for well known companies or successful professionals and businessmen and highly respected leaders in society.    When you are in your early 20's, you participate in fun pranks.   (All we did was move all of the furniture into the bathroom in one of the rooms so that when the guy came back to his room after a night of drinking, his room would be empty.)

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : April 15, 2013, 02:24:11 AM »

Hope its not the Honey Badger.   Dude has enough going on as it is.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 15, 2013, 03:13:23 AM »

When I do shrooms you better give me two rooms be cause im **CENSORED**in the firtlst one up.....

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : April 15, 2013, 05:53:34 AM »

Trashing a hotel room?   That's nothing.    I guess it depends on how it was trashed.   At a bachelor party 20 years ago, we "trashed" a room and they kicked us all out of the hotel.   We had to pay the damages (there weren't many) and were banned from the hotel forever.   Everyone who attended that party and trashed that hotel are now high level executives for well known companies or successful professionals and businessmen and highly respected leaders in society.    When you are in your early 20's, you participate in fun pranks.   (All we did was move all of the furniture into the bathroom in one of the rooms so that when the guy came back to his room after a night of drinking, his room would be empty.)
hmmmm
Bachelor Party vs Job Interview
Yeah, I see no difference there at all, I know I walked into one interview and just tore up the place, can't imagine why I never got the job.

Plus at what point do you think people become responsible for their own actions?
I get sick of hearing about how young they are to explain away the actions, by the time you are in your early 20's you may not be the "complete package" but you old enough to know right from wrong and and think for yourself.
If you are old enough to marry, have kids, drive, own a home, fight in a war, drink you are old enough to control yourself in a hotel room on one of the biggest weekends of your life.
Fact is they aren't "young," they are spoilt & immature because they've been allowed to coast through life simply because they can play a game well.

danlowe748

Starter

« #5 : April 15, 2013, 09:14:15 AM »

Nobody is saying who these 2 players are.  Maybe this is a hoax.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 15, 2013, 09:41:56 AM »

Could be the TE from Cincinnati...

Hoist the Battleflag

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #7 : April 15, 2013, 10:09:48 AM »

Found a pic of the damage:

danlowe748

Starter

« #8 : April 15, 2013, 11:22:47 AM »

Looks like a cheap ass hotel room.   Tube television?   No big loss.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #9 : April 15, 2013, 11:36:18 AM »

Trashing a hotel room?   That's nothing.    I guess it depends on how it was trashed.   At a bachelor party 20 years ago, we "trashed" a room and they kicked us all out of the hotel.     (All we did was move all of the furniture into the bathroom in one of the rooms so that when the guy came back to his room after a night of drinking, his room would be empty.)

dan lowe is cray cray!!!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

« #10 : April 15, 2013, 11:43:22 AM »

Getting tired of these no-name articles accusing players doing things. They can be made up by the writer for all we know or it's written cause its good message board material.

HolyBuc

Starter
« #11 : April 15, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »

Saw this on twitter Pro Football Weekly 2013 Draft Preview Page 46 Mark Harrison WR Rutgers- Raised concerns at the Combine after leaving his room trashed.

I don't get PFW's draft preview or guide but someone on this board may have it, can anyone confirm it?

danlowe748

Starter

« #12 : April 15, 2013, 02:48:21 PM »

Saw this on twitter Pro Football Weekly 2013 Draft Preview Page 46 Mark Harrison WR Rutgers- Raised concerns at the Combine after leaving his room trashed.

I don't get PFW's draft preview or guide but someone on this board may have it, can anyone confirm it?

That's a Schiano boy!!!  Toes on the line.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #13 : April 15, 2013, 04:24:49 PM »

When I do shrooms you better give me two rooms be cause im **CENSORED**in the firtlst one up.....

So when you see me on your block you better lock your cars coz you know Im losing it when Im rapping to rock guitars......

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #14 : April 15, 2013, 10:40:11 PM »

Could be totally unrelated, but that dude the Bucs had in for a visit, the RB with the girly first name? Can't think of his name at the moment.

Anyway,  he blew off several meetings with teams at the combine.  It seemed kinda strange at the time.  He claimed he overslept IIRC.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hotel room trashing at Combine could hurt 2 players in draft « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools